Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Your series was awesome! Toronto looked better with the "eye" test but Tampa's resilience and playoff winning experience pulled through for them.
That's the thing about Tampa, their intangibles are second to none. Closing them out is mission impossible if you can even get there

Colorado is the most skilled team in hockey with speed to burn. Tampa has an impeccable commitment to defense, the best goalie in the league, and the experience to win. This is going to be a legendary matchup. Can't wait!

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
That's the thing about Tampa, their intangibles are second to none. Closing them out is mission impossible if you can even get there

Colorado is the most skilled team in hockey with speed to burn. Tampa has an impeccable commitment to defense, the best goalie in the league, and the experience to win. This is going to be a legendary matchup. Can't wait!

Them winning the cup without Stamkos gives them the mental fortitude to win multiple series without Point. That's what adversity does for you.

Reactions: leafsfan5

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Call me when y'all get one of these:

tampa-bay-lightning-andrei-vasilevskiy.gif

6je4ui.jpg

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
First thought was Bolts in 6, so I voted that way, but I feel like it could go either way.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Tampa’s road has been way harder and they get Point back. Avs are great, but you’re really going to bet against this Bolts team?
Thé fact that avs had a harder path is not Colorado’s problem and shouldn’t mean anything when deciding who wins between TB and Colorado .

Colorado also swept 2 of the series and lost the other in only 6 games

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Tampa has four advantages:
1. Goaltending
2. Experience
3. A tougher road to get to the Finals which has meant they’ve gotten better as it goes along and are more used to the pressure and intensity.
4. A better overall D when looking at the six for each team. Even though the high end two guys might slightly favour Colorado.
Having said that most of these advantages outside of goaltending aren’t huge so it should be a tight series. I’d take Tampa in 7.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
There's just no way. No f***ing way. Bolts put us out in 5 with the gentleman's sweep. MacK spends the entire offseason binging on icecream.

Edit: Bolts are my second favorite team and local squad so at least there's that silver lining.
The silver lining is MacK getting fat from Ice cream? You like your Stars a bit chonkers huh...

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

BigRedWings

Jun 11, 2022
I'm going to guess Tampa in 7. It'll be a hard fought series with some juicy controversy like in previous series these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad