Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
God I am so excited for this one.

I just mentioned this on the Avs board... But for the last 2 years now for me its always been "If the Avs dont win I hope Tampa gets the b2b win" or "If the Avs dont win I hope Tampa gets the dynasty securing 3-peat"

I'm not exactly one to have a "2nd favorite team" per se, but this is easily the best case scenario for me for a Cup final. Either the Avs are the powerhouse team that finally ends the Bolts reign over the rest of the league.... Or Tampa gets the 3-peat and secures the dynasty.

Absolutely cannot wait for this series.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
They slept through the regular season and still ended with 110 pints, lol. That should tell you something. Tampa Bay stopped caring about the regular season years ago. They could be a dominant regular season team if they wanted to. 62 wins and +103 goal differential ring a bell?
They were 5th in the east. 110 points doesn't mean anything because the bottom 8 teams in the East were doormats.

Reactions: Ncit3

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
There's just no way. No f***ing way. Bolts put us out in 5 with the gentleman's sweep. MacK spends the entire offseason binging on icecream.

Edit: Bolts are my second favorite team and local squad so at least there's that silver lining.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Toronto gave Tampa their toughest challenge with their abundance of speed and skill. Avs have that in spades along with a player we didn't have, Cale Makar. Think it'll be too tough for the Bolts to stop the Avs offense here. Should be their toughest challenge out of the 3 years

But the goaltending difference is astronomical, your best bet against Vasi is to strike before he gets into a groove (e.g., first two games of NYR, first 5 games vs TOR). And unfortunately for Colorado, he looks locked in. Tampa should have no problem scoring on Keumper

I'll go Tampa in 7, but this can go either way and will be a classic

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
bring-it-are-you-ready.gif

AvsBeacon

Apr 23, 2018
Toronto gave Tampa their toughest challenge with their abundance of speed and skill. Avs have that in spades along with a player we didn't have, Cale Makar. Think it'll be too tough for the Bolts to stop the Avs offense here. Should be their toughest challenge out of the 3 years

But the goaltending difference is astronomical, your best bet against Vasi is to strike before he gets into a groove (e.g., first two games of NYR, first 5 games vs TOR). And unfortunately for Colorado, he looks locked in. Tampa should have no problem scoring on Keumper

I'll go Tampa in 7, but this can go either way and will be a classic
Your series was awesome! Toronto looked better with the "eye" test but Tampa's resilience and playoff winning experience pulled through for them.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The Avs are levels better than either Dallas or Montréal the past two seasons were. That's not up for debate. But the experience of two Cup runs + beating three very good Eastern teams to get to this point is something that hopefully will serve the Lightning well.

Reactions: missionAvs

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Tampa just doesn't lose a series.

They'll give up games 1 or 2, but otherwise they take this thing over and get it done in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine