Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsBeacon

Apr 23, 2018
I've watched the entirety of both series. If Tampa strings together this game 6 effort consistently the Avs have no shot. Our goaltending simply wouldn't have stopped Tampa's efforts the way Shesterkin did. That being said the Avs have the better skaters and are slightly more skilled with the puck. I feel blessed that we get to play the two-time defending champs. If we manage to win this series it will truly be deserved.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tough to decide

forwards- I’d say are pretty even , I think I like tampas depth a little more

Defense- edge to Colorado, more explosive

Goalie - big edge to tampa

Overall I think avs have looked like the best team this year…. I think tampa has shown some cracks. Biggest thing for me is how much avs goalies can compete with vassy

I’ll go avs in 7

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I got the Bolts easily. Mainly goaltending but also having been here before and they’ve dominated without Point so getting him back should make it easy. Bolts in 5 if Point is back for game 1, in 6 if he’s out for the first few games.

Reactions: Tropical Ice

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
I fell for the eastern hype. In the end, a Tampa team that slept through the regular season comes out of the East. The Avs won't need more than 5. There's no Makar or MacKinnon in the other conference

They slept through the regular season and still ended with 110 pints, lol. That should tell you something. Tampa Bay stopped caring about the regular season years ago. They could be a dominant regular season team if they wanted to. 62 wins and +103 goal differential ring a bell?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This is going to be an unreal matchup, one for the ages. I don't think any team is stopping Tampa Bay, especially not this close to the Cup. My guess is Tampa takes it in 6.

Reactions: Tropical Ice

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I go with Tampa in 6, Vasilevsky is the best goaltender in the entire universe, Kuemper will be the downfall for the Avs he can't match what Vasy brings!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Tampa in 5

What are key injuries?

Tampa missing Point
Colorado missing Kadri?

Rosters are a wash, but Vasilevskiy is MUCH better than Francouz and/or Kuemper

One of the Avs goalie could fo hot at the perfect timing but I dont see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events