SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hayes-Allard-Mignosa
Nordh-Martin-Cloutier
Andrew-Brown-Hilton
Cardona-Smith-Muxlow

That's a nice little forward lineup with an elite top 6 and some real depth. Crazy how fast things can change.

It won't last, but we should be able to pile up a good number of wins before the deadline if everyone plays.

That top six is indeed quite good, elite is a stretch though.

Rivrfront

Aug 30, 2024
Andrew Martin Cloutier
Nordh Allard Hayes
Dezoette Smith Mignossa
Hilton Brown Muxlow

This would be a more balanced line-up. I would keep andrew in top 6 for
development purpose and chemistry with Martin going forward.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
That top six is indeed quite good, elite is a stretch though.

It is a stretch, but also an exponential improvement at both 5v5 and on the PP that could surprise the league a little. It really depends on if Allard can rediscover some of his first half magic from last year. Let's hope a few of our guys drive their market sky high ;)

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Hayes-Allard-Mignosa
Nordh-Martin-Cloutier
Andrew-Brown-Hilton
Cardona-Smith-Muxlow

That's a nice little forward lineup with an elite top 6 and some real depth. Crazy how fast things can change.

It won't last, but we should be able to pile up a good number of wins before the deadline if everyone plays.
agree with Dale.

i'd throw Hayes on a line with Martin and Cloutier and Nordh with Allard and Mignosa.

I know it'd never happen, but Smith should be the 3rd line center, with Brown on the 4th...but that will never happen.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Andrew Martin Cloutier
Nordh Allard Hayes
Dezoette Smith Mignossa
Hilton Brown Muxlow

This would be a more balanced line-up. I would keep andrew in top 6 for
development purpose and chemistry with Martin going forward.
Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to keep DeZoete around if Allard is in the lineup. I don't think you can justify putting Mignosa in the bottom 6 either. Andrew is an 08 and I don't think it's going to hurt his development to play bottom 6.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Anyone else kind of starting to think it's another year where we might just be good enough to see what this squad can do once Mignosa, Allard and Nordh are injected into the lineup rather than full blown sell off....not saying it's the smartest thing but...

Reactions: saska sault

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Anyone else kind of starting to think it's another year where we might just be good enough to see what this squad can do once Mignosa, Allard and Nordh are injected into the lineup rather than full blown sell off....not saying it's the smartest thing but...
They will sell off pieces and remain competitive without the pieces. Whatever we move out, there will be players returned. We do not have the assets to add anything, it’ll be another pretender year. We have a chance to build the next couple years like Saginaw did, and we must learn from mistakes. This isn’t a championship team now but the pieces are there to be extremely dominate the next 2 seasons. We have a legitimate chance to build and toss our names into the Memorial Cup host hat again here. I see the much larger picture.

Best to assume Nordh and Allard have only two months left, in Nordhs case even less.

Also @DWI Dale it’s unofficial

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to keep DeZoete around if Allard is in the lineup. I don't think you can justify putting Mignosa in the bottom 6 either. Andrew is an 08 and I don't think it's going to hurt his development to play bottom 6.

Theory:

DeZoete is here until at least OA deadline. They’ve kept Reid Thomas around for a reason.. I’m gonna guess when Miller starts, Charlie gets the entire night off and Thomas will be back up. This allows DeZoete into the line up until OA deadline.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
They will sell off pieces and remain competitive without the pieces. Whatever we move out, there will be players returned. We do not have the assets to add anything, it’ll be another pretender year. We have a chance to build the next couple years like Saginaw did, and we must learn from mistakes. This isn’t a championship team now but the pieces are there to be extremely dominate the next 2 seasons. We have a legitimate chance to build and toss our names into the Memorial Cup host hat again here. I see the much larger picture.

Best to assume Nordh and Allard have only two months left, in Nordhs case even less.

Also @DWI Dale it’s unofficial
to be fair,

we are mostly competitive now....we are 5-5 and could be 7-3. i know we haven't played any eastern juggernauts yet, but if we sell these two, we really aren't losing anything from the current team, plus may get a body back. the one thing that will hurt is selling Gibby. but he will get us the most in return so has to be done.

at this point, i think we keep miggy and cloutier as i think they will be two of the premier OAs next year and will be worth more to us to keep them.

It is a stretch, but also an exponential improvement at both 5v5 and on the PP that could surprise the league a little. It really depends on if Allard can rediscover some of his first half magic from last year. Let's hope a few of our guys drive their market sky high ;)
in all honesty, Allard has been playing against men for the last month....he should be able to be a step ahead of these kids. no disrespect to them, but he was faster than everyone last year.

let's hope they light it up and get us a huge return

Reactions: DWI Dale

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
It better not be. That's all I have to say!
With these new additions, a complete sell off would replenish everything. Need that to get done. Allard, Nordh, Gibson will get us lots at the deadline. Perfect to build around Martin and Hayes. It doesn’t look like there was any additional discipline for Carlisle so assuming Allard is ready to go tomorrow night, you have to assume DeZoete is odd man out?

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
I think Hounds will debut the black jerseys on Friday.

I know this comment has 0 to do with the current conversation but yeah..haha

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I think Hounds will debut the black jerseys on Friday.

I know this comment has 0 to do with the current conversation but yeah..haha

I've seen mixed opinions on having a black jersey again but damn... from the little teasers they've shown they look SICK!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I think people sleep on Carlisle as a deadline piece. He's the type of player that fans don't appreciate, but GM's are dying to get. A really good comp in Roberto Mancini got a 2nd and a 3rd last year.

As for Allard, the top OA forwards last year like Peer and Frasca got 3-4 high picks. You probably get a solid OA back to keep us competitive as well.

Jorian Donovan went for 8 high picks last year and Gibson is better than him, so we can surely get a first rounder and several picks. Even mediocre Konnor Smith somehow landed a first rounder.

Schenkel's value is tough to peg. He's a really valuable piece if he keeps playing like this, but competition may be limited. A couple of injuries could spark a bidding war though.

Nordh's value will depend on his performance. It could be anything from a massive haul to a swap for a younger import.

I think it's time to get Christopher Brown into a different situation as well, but we're really thin up the middle.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
They’re going to be nasty… and we’re going all blacks not just a jersey so it’s gonna look sleek.
I'm caught between not wanting to give them money because i'm frustrated with the team philosophy OR wanting to buy an absolutely FIRE jersey that gets me stoked just looking at.

Reactions: Houndzfan20

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I think people sleep on Carlisle as a deadline piece. He's the type of player that fans don't appreciate, but GM's are dying to get. A really good comp in Roberto Mancini got a 2nd and a 3rd last year.

As for Allard, the top OA forwards last year like Peer and Frasca got 3-4 high picks. You probably get a solid OA back to keep us competitive as well.

Jorian Donovan went for 8 high picks last year and Gibson is better than him, so we can surely get a first rounder and several picks. Even mediocre Konnor Smith somehow landed a first rounder.

Schenkel's value is tough to peg. He's a really valuable piece if he keeps playing like this, but competition may be limited. A couple of injuries could spark a bidding war though.

Nordh's value will depend on his performance. It could be anything from a massive haul to a swap for a younger import.

I think it's time to get Christopher Brown into a different situation as well, but we're really thin up the middle.
IMO,
Carlisle is more important to us holding down the fort for a young defence corps when Gibby is gone than what we will get for him. Especially as an OA, he'd have to be head and shoulders above what other teams already have. Allard may be in that boat, but not sure Carlisle is.

I'm not sure Gibby is on Donovan's level. Donovan was head and shoulders the best all around defenceman in the league last year and IMO the reason Saginaw won. Gibby is really good but to say he's better than Donovan is a pretty big stretch.

I think we need shenkel here unless an opposing GM blows Raftis out of the water with a proposal. we need him to keep us in games and so the young team doesn't get frustrated. I know you're still on the miller boat, but that ship has sailed for me. i'm not confident he will have any better numbers when we start playing the big dogs. Only way i trade shenkle is if we can get the Import tender over after the deadline.

not sure anyone will take brown and his gold package at this point. may be here until he either ages out or gets cut. at this point i'd have him centering the 4th line....seems a waste to have Smith there now.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
IMO,
Carlisle is more important to us holding down the fort for a young defence corps when Gibby is gone than what we will get for him. Especially as an OA, he'd have to be head and shoulders above what other teams already have. Allard may be in that boat, but not sure Carlisle is.

I'm not sure Gibby is on Donovan's level. Donovan was head and shoulders the best all around defenceman in the league last year and IMO the reason Saginaw won. Gibby is really good but to say he's better than Donovan is a pretty big stretch.

I think we need shenkel here unless an opposing GM blows Raftis out of the water with a proposal. we need him to keep us in games and so the young team doesn't get frustrated. I know you're still on the miller boat, but that ship has sailed for me. i'm not confident he will have any better numbers when we start playing the big dogs. Only way i trade shenkle is if we can get the Import tender over after the deadline.

not sure anyone will take brown and his gold package at this point. may be here until he either ages out or gets cut. at this point i'd have him centering the 4th line....seems a waste to have Smith there now.

As is often the case, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

While I advocated for a big sell, we still need experience, leadership, and to insulate rookies from getting destroyed - Carlisle brings those attributes.

I also agree about Schenkel, before the season even started I was suggesting he might be worth holding on to and Miller's struggles have only cemented that fact. It will take a remarkable uptick in his confidence/effectiveness to feel comfortable with him as starter, and an entirely untested back up supporting him.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
As is often the case, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

While I advocated for a big sell, we still need experience, leadership, and to insulate rookies from getting destroyed - Carlisle brings those attributes.

I also agree about Schenkel, before the season even started I was suggesting he might be worth holding on to and Miller's struggles have only cemented that fact. It will take a remarkable uptick in his confidence/effectiveness to feel comfortable with him as starter, and an entirely untested back up supporting him.
Agreed. And now we can have a big sell, while keeping important leaders as well. Thankful for these gifts the yesterday and today lol.

Chris Coutu

Mar 27, 2019
Kitchener
Hell just go for it now! The GM is already a marked man, you think he is going to sell off and lose his job in the offseason ? Team is 1 veteran defenseman away from competing for the division with all these pieces coming back.

I think if they go 50/50 down the stretch with Charlie and Miller then that keeps everyone happy including Detroit for development.

Not saying I agree with this but that's how I see this front office proceeding, I do not see a sell-off happening.

2 or 3 rounds of playoffs will do wonders for Martin, Hayes and Miller again.

Carlisle needs to stay out of the box, he takes a lot of penalties. I assume he is not getting a suspension on his hit in the 2nd period on Sunday?

The team is shaping up to be pretty decent. Carson Andrew's skating has improved a lot in the last month.

Don't forget Brodie McConnell-Barker should be coming back soon, who will he replace? Gillen ?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad