Pre-Game Talk: Week of the road warriors @SEA (Tuesday @6:30PM) @UTAH (Thursday @7:00PM)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
On my way home from work today, I was listening to an interesting goalie segment on Real Kyper and Bourne show on TSN 1050 featuring Steve Valiquette.

Valy is the President and CEO of Clear Sight Analytics.

He was ranking the goalies so far this year.

No surprise, he said Georgiev has been far and away the worst goaltender in the NHL this year. He said he is having a historically bad start and you'd have to go back just over 30 years to identify a worse 5 game stretch of any goaltender in history; Steve Weeks over a 7 game period in '92-'93 for the Ottawa Senators. Since advanced stats have come in, their database can't find a match even close to how bad Georgiev has been.

One stat that I found particularly hilarious/sad is he stated that across the entire NHL this year, only 10 goals have been scored from "dead ice." Of those 10, Georgiev alone has allowed 4 of them. None of the other 6 offenders have allowed more than 1.

For those unaware, this is considered "dead ice." Basically an impossible angle that a goalie should never get beaten from.

hockey zone.jpg

In closing, he said he's shocked the Avs even went 5 games with this albatross of a goaltending performance and would be equally as shocked if they went back to him until all other options have completely imploded.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I was listening to an interesting goalie segment on Real Kyper and Bourne show featuring Steve Valiquette on TSN 1050 radio today on my way home from work.

Valy is the President and CEO of Clear Sight Analytics.

He was ranking the goalies so far this year.

No surprise, he said Georgiev has been far and away the worst goaltender in the NHL this year. He said he is having a historically bad start and you'd have to go back just over 30 years to identify a worse 5 game stretch of any goaltender in history; Steve Weeks over a 7 game period in '92-'93 for the Ottawa Senators. Since advanced stats have come in, their database can't find a match even close to how bad Georgiev has been.

One stat that I find particularly hilarious/sad is he stated across the entire NHL this year, only 10 goals have been scored from "dead ice." Of those 10, Georgiev alone has allowed 4 of them. None of the other 6 offenders have allowed more than 1.

For those unaware, this is considered "dead ice." Basically an impossible angle that a goalie should never get beaten from.

View attachment 919890

In closing, he said he's shocked the Avs even went 5 games with this albatross of a goaltending performance and would be equally as shocked if they went back to him until all other options have completely imploded.
Valy seriously underestimates the stubbornness of Bednar and the Avs.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
He said he is having a historically bad start and you'd have to go back just over 30 years to identify a worse 5 game stretch of any goaltender in history
Like 5 games to start the season or 5 games total? And is that 5 games consecutively or like a backup sucking 5 times over a few months?

Either way - woof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad