SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Great, another player that can't finish

this player is the clear-cut #1 pick and 1 of 3 players that applied for exceptional status last year. I've heard stories regardings politics being involved and had he been playing in GTHL he likely would have been granted it over Misa. I think he's better than Misa personally.

his 50 goals in 29 games proved he definitely can finish haha

78 points in those 29 games. sheesh.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
this player is the clear-cut #1 pick and 1 of 3 players that applied for exceptional status last year. I've heard stories regardings politics being involved and had he been playing in GTHL he likely would have been granted it over Misa. I think he's better than Misa personally.

his 50 goals in 29 games proved he definitely can finish haha

78 points in those 29 games. sheesh.
finishes better than anyone on our current team haha. except maybe BMB. maybe he will tell the Ice dogs no way and want to play with little BMB. weren't they on the same team last year?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
finishes better than anyone on our current team haha. except maybe BMB. maybe he will tell the Ice dogs no way and want to play with little BMB. weren't they on the same team last year?

Even if Niagara picks first overall they have a bad relationship with Roobroecks. With what they did to Dylan...

There is a weighted lottery so no guarantee Ice Dogs get first overall

Correct
1st - 40%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%
4th - 10%

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Even if Niagara picks first overall they have a bad relationship with Roobroecks. With what they did to Dylan...

Correct
1st - 40%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%
4th - 10%
Aside from honouring a request by Roobroek to be moved to a team that would offer more TOI, what did Niagara do to him?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Aside from honouring a request by Roobroek to be moved to a team that would offer more TOI, what did Niagara do to him?

I got banned from this board for posting a link about Tanner Dickinson because it was speculation. So I don't have a 100% answer for you but the request was made because of the way he was being treated in Niagara and the ongoing issues that surrounded Niagara. Dylan was a de-commit from NCAA and thought he was mistreated in his first year in the league.

Getting NCAA players to report just to trade them alone is bad business in my opinion.

Do you think there just wasn't time on the ice for him..? I would think in part of the agreement to get him to commit they guaranteed him ice time...

edit: Sorry, he wasn't headed to NCAA, but regardless was mistreated. I cant see his brother wanting tobe there.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Well there's definitely a difference from timbits to teenagers

I haven't coached timbits before but I'd imagine it's pretty challenging to wrangle that many little minis at the same time to do anything let alone play hockey. Credit to the parents with the patience!

At the moment I coach teens and pre-teens and it's fabulous. Today's players are just motivated differently. The old-school hard-nosed method of coaching doesn't work. It's toxic to team culture and you'll drive the kids away from the sport.

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Well I'm pretty sure they have management courses specifically geared to dealing with millennials for a reason

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Well I'm pretty sure they have management courses specifically geared to dealing with millennials for a reason

yes. but it's the parents that are millenials. hockey parents have always been crazy though. "little Johnny" is going to the NHL and apparently my coaching choices are preventing that from happening lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I got banned from this board for posting a link about Tanner Dickinson because it was speculation. So I don't have a 100% answer for you but the request was made because of the way he was being treated in Niagara and the ongoing issues that surrounded Niagara. Dylan was a de-commit from NCAA and thought he was mistreated in his first year in the league.

Getting NCAA players to report just to trade them alone is bad business in my opinion.

Do you think there just wasn't time on the ice for him..? I would think in part of the agreement to get him to commit they guaranteed him ice time...

edit: Sorry, he wasn't headed to NCAA, but regardless was mistreated. I cant see his brother wanting tobe there.
He was traded a couple of weeks prior to the season for an (8th!). Apparently not a lot of demand for that player and little time for the new coach and ownership to mistreat the kid.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think it's quite possible everyone is correct in this scenario:
- Dylan wasn't getting the opportunity he wanted in Niagara
- there wasn't much demand for him across the league
- he went to Oshawa and has been a very pleasant surprise for many there
- new management and coach in Niagara inherited him and the situation, Dylan probably has more of a grudge against previous group than the current group
- however, the Roobroecks probably aren't too fond of Niagara right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad