SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Martin, Hayes both have proven they are immediate impact players I believe.

Dustin Goods time in SSM as a full time player is probably over, for now.

Who else? Vader? Montroy?

We sit at 16 and probably need to go down to what? 13? 14?

Reactions: I Loveallsports

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
that's a big add for sure. can anybody shed some light on where our pick cupboards stand after sending out a 2nd and 3rd? just curious what's in there for 2nds and 3rds?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
that's a big add for sure. can anybody shed some light on where our pick cupboards stand after sending out a 2nd and 3rd? just curious what's in there for 2nds and 3rds?

3 2nds 2 3rds. Unless I'm looking at the wrong database.

Edit: which I think I am.

@HockeyPops probably knows best. I have GensUpdate blocked.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
We should still have 3 more seconds in the next 4 years. But only 2 thirds.

I'll say it again. I would rather build around 06s and 07s.

But if we are going to go for it, for the love of all that's good, go all in. Please please don't go half in.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
We should still have 3 more seconds in the next 4 years. But only 2 thirds.

I'll say it again. I would rather build around 06s and 07s.

But if we are going to go for it, for the love of all that's good, go all in. Please please don't go half in.

Yes this is correct. I believe we have opportunity here to recoup a few picks that we can use down the road this season still.

Reactions: Houndzfan20

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We haven't broken the bank. I would get the roster down to 25 and get to Christmas with what we have.

If Mignosa and Cloutier can be around a point per game, perhaps this roster will be close to a contender. I am still skeptical they can get there, but let's see.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
For those asking about picks. This is what we have in cupboard pre-trade.

Screenshot_20230922_115750_Chrome.jpg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
essentially a deadline deal will wipe us out through 2027 for 2nds and 3rds. that's scary territory for an organization unwilling to rebuild. let's see how this plays out.

are hounds fans willing to go all in if it costs us a run with the Martin/Hayes age class?

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Gives you a very nice first line of BMB, Beck, and Sirizzotti. Need a couple guys to take good steps for a good second. Mignosa, Clouthier, Dintino? Might need another proven forward brought in if you really want to push for contention.

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Allard is a lock on the 2nd line. But yes, those 3 you mentioned we need to get production out of. No more excuses.

What's the fastest that a player can drive from Ottawa to the Soo? Or maybe he never reported to Ottawa and was sitting at home in Richmond Hill?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Allard is a lock on the 2nd line. But yes, those 3 you mentioned we need to get production out of. No more excuses.

What's the fastest that a player can drive from Ottawa to the Soo? Or maybe he never reported to Ottawa and was sitting at home in Richmond Hill?

Is he not at Carolina camp?

Gives you a very nice first line of BMB, Beck, and Sirizzotti. Need a couple guys to take good steps for a good second. Mignosa, Clouthier, Dintino? Might need another proven forward brought in if you really want to push for contention.

I believe we see another move once players are back from camp.

Question..whats the OA rule in regards to goalies? Do they count towards it anymore..I feel like I read something about that? @HockeyPops @Kingpin794

essentially a deadline deal will wipe us out through 2027 for 2nds and 3rds. that's scary territory for an organization unwilling to rebuild. let's see how this plays out.

are hounds fans willing to go all in if it costs us a run with the Martin/Hayes age class?
If we win, yes.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
How close do you think this move gets you to the contenders? Have to think those team will make a move when players return as well.

Depends how you look at things( some people don't think we are contenders at all )

Outside of London I don't think there is another d core like ours in the league, maybe Ottawa, but I've been called delusional for this, so lol.

I think hounds are 1 more top 6 forward and a goalie away from being very scary, maybe you could even strengthen the d with one more vet.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better player than BMB in the league. He's gotta be in the top 5 players this year. We talk about the big fish addition but we have one of the biggest fish that teams would love to add, haha.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Depends how you look at things

Outside of London I don't think there is another d core like ours in the league, maybe Ottawa, but I've been called delusional for this, so lol.

I think hounds are 1 more top 6 forward and a goalie away from being very scary, maybe you could even strengthen the d with one more vet.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better player than BMB in the league. He's gotta be in the top 5 players this year. We talk about the big fish addition but we have one of the biggest fish that teams would love to add, haha.
I think you need 2 really good forwards still. That's just projecting that other teams add 2/3 players each. That would be everything in the cupboard.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Hoping this may push owen beck to want a trade here lol. And hopefully at a discount hahaha.

I think if we go all in this year, we would absolutely have to trade gibby next year for a haul. No questions.

He'd get us some picks back for sure.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If we can contend, then absolutely yes. Let's compare 2017-2018 deadline forward corps pts/gm with this year's roster (previous year pts/gm is brackets). The middle column is the 2017-2018 pts/gm and should be what we hope this year's roster can produce:

Morgan Frost (0.93)1.67Bryce McConnell-Barker (1.13)
Boris Katchouk (0.97)1.47Jack Beck (1.18)
Taylor Raddysh (1.88)1.43Brenden Sirizzotti (0.95)
Tim Gettinger (0.87)1.05Owen Allard (0.50)
Jack Kopacka (0.75)0.95Jordan D'Intino (0.62)
Barrett Hayton (0.43)0.95Justin Cloutier (0.41)
Hayden Verbeek (0.48)0.91Marco Mignosa (0.54)

My concern isn't with the top 4 producing, it's with the next 3. As I said, if they can get up near a point per game, we can contend. If they can't then we are looking at 2018-2019 all over again.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Well let's see what tricks are up Kyle's sleeves because I was not expecting this one...

I think you need 2 really good forwards still. That's just projecting that other teams add 2/3 players each. That would be everything in the cupboard.

That's a fair assessment. I think we get massive jumps from D'intino and Allard this season too. I think Cloutier is already showing his elevated game. The big thing is everyone is buying in early this season.

If we can contend, then absolutely yes. Let's compare 2017-2018 deadline forward corps pts/gm with this year's roster (previous year pts/gm is brackets). The middle column is the 2017-2018 pts/gm and should be what we hope this year's roster can produce:

Morgan Frost (0.93)1.67Bryce McConnell-Barker (1.13)
Boris Katchouk (0.97)1.47Jack Beck (1.18)
Taylor Raddysh (1.88)1.43Brenden Sirizzotti (0.95)
Tim Gettinger (0.87)1.05Owen Allard (0.50)
Jack Kopacka (0.75)0.95Jordan D'Intino (0.62)
Barrett Hayton (0.43)0.95Justin Cloutier (0.41)
Hayden Verbeek (0.48)0.91Marco Mignosa (0.54)

My concern isn't with the top 4 producing, it's with the next 3. As I said, if they can get up near a point per game, we can contend. If they can't then we are looking at 2018-2019 all over again.

We didn't add Raddysh till the deadline though, that can't be ignored I feel.

Edit: I see it's a chart comparing deadlines. I gotcha. So to start the 2017/2018 year off, we are pretty similar... I feel.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We added Raddysh at the deadline because we needed to add another forward at the deadline. Howdeshell was our next best forward but he was only scoring at 0.62 pts/gm at the deadline.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
We added Raddysh at the deadline because we needed to add another forward at the deadline. Howdeshell was our next best forward but he was only scoring at 0.62 pts/gm at the deadline.

Taylor Raddysh was always coming to the Soo. From day 1 I knew he was coming lol.

Ya, I find the start of the season rosters very similar.

Hoping this may push owen beck to want a trade here lol. And hopefully at a discount hahaha.

I think if we go all in this year, we would absolutely have to trade gibby next year for a haul. No questions.

He'd get us some picks back for sure.

They aren't related, I thought?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, you knew early. Not necessarily day 1 but it was early I remember that. But we always knew we needed another forward that year to protect for injuries.

This year Owen Beck is the big fish, but Stonehouse or Ludwinski could also be significant adds at the deadline.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it's worth noting that 2018 roster wasn't enough to get the job done and that trade (including sambrook) cost us a prospect and 9 picks.

Reactions: HockeyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad