SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Presently with 16 forwards, 10 defensemen and 2 goalies some moves must occur.

I don't think it will be a good idea to go with five 19 year old defensemen in Carlisle, Karki, Kudryavtsev, Toms and Van de Ven.

Who do you think will be moved?

Up front we have 16 forwards and it would be smart to keep some younger forwards so we can be competitive every year. Which forwards do you think are on the bubble?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I don't think it will be a good idea to go with five 19 year old defensemen in Carlisle, Karki, Kudryavtsev, Toms and Van de Ven.

Who do you think will be moved?

To me it's Toms. Easily.

Up front we have 16 forwards and it would be smart to keep some younger forwards so we can be competitive every year. Which forwards do you think are on the bubble?

I can't help but think Christopher Brown is a player that may not be here after deadline.

If they are looking to win, trying to stay young won't work.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if Solomon joins the thunderbirds?
Idk, he's already signed wirh the siskins I think so he'll probably stay there. Unless the hounds want him here. Not sure if they'd have to make a trade? Idk how that works

To me it's Toms. Easily.

I can't help but think Christopher Brown is a player that may not be here after deadline.

If they are looking to win, trying to stay young won't work.
Agreed. It would take the load off of using our picks if he is part of the trade.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Idk, he's already signed wirh the siskins I think so he'll probably stay there. Unless the hounds want him here. Not sure if they'd have to make a trade? Idk how that works

Agreed. It would take the load off of using our picks if he is part of the trade.

Ya you're right about Solomon

Reactions: Houndzfan20

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
nice preseason boys! we all know playing b squads against b squads mean nothing but the hunger our vets showed was admirable. looks like last nights game must have been chippy looking at all the penalties! methinks both teams feel they have something to prove regarding the mem cup selection 😉

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Can Hounds' fans come up with the 6 starting defencemen and 12 starting forwards for the season opener against Flint?

Good luck!
I'll give it a go;

Beck. BMB. Sirizotti
D'Intino. Allard. Mignosa
Cloutier. Martin. Hayes
Clattenburg. Brown. Kostov

kirill. Virgilo.
Karki. Gibson.
Carlisle. Evans/BMB

Shenkel
Miller.

Vader and montroy healthy scratch although I feel like both of them, as well as Solomon have played extremely well all preseason.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'll give it a go;

Beck. BMB. Sirizotti
Cloutier. Martin. Hayes

kirill. Virgilo.
Karki. Gibson.
Carlisle. Evans/BMB

Shenkel
Miller.
I really like your lineup, but if they are trying to move an 04 dman it doesn't make as much sense.

Beck - BMB - Sirizotti
D'Intino - Allard - Cloutier
Clattenburg - Martin - Mignosa
Xxxxxxxxx - Brown - Kostov

Kudryavtsev - Van De Ven
Karki - Toms
Carlisle - Gibson
Virgilio

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I really like your lineup, but if they are trying to move an 04 dman it doesn't make as much sense.

Beck - BMB - Sirizotti
D'Intino - Allard - Cloutier
Clattenburg - Martin - Mignosa
Xxxxxxxxx - Brown - Kostov

Kudryavtsev - Van De Ven
Karki - Toms
Carlisle - Gibson
Virgilio
I put Evans and bmb in as I think they're just as good or if not better than toms and van de ven at this point so I'd rather have them getting minutes. Right now I have toms as last on the depth chart, and I'd rather not play him at all tbh.

Same with clattenburg and kostov. No way I break them up. Together they are just too much for teams. And brown would bring an element of skill tonthat line.

As far as forward lines, I agree on first line. At this point, I don't break up Martin, Hayes and cloutier. They looked really really good in the couple games I saw. I'd give them a chance to not look good before I break them up.

I noticed you don't have Hayes in your lineup. At this point I can't see him not being in the lineup. He and Martin are playing way better than their age.

I do like what montroy has brought.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

Sakic fan

Sep 23, 2023
Team looks alot better already. Some verteran guys have clearly taken a step and our young guys are pretty good for 07s. Martin and Hayes are going to be impact players who look poised to be stars and how is Solomon only 15 yrs old, his physicality and puck patience really surprised me, seemed to work well with Carlisle. I would keep him here over some 04 D already. I expect Cloutier, Allard, Mignosa and Fantino to take big steps offensively.

Sirrizott BMB Beck
Mignosa Alllard Dintino
Cloutier Martin Hayes
Fantino Brown Clatts
Vader/Montroy/Kostov

Gibson KK
Virgillio Karki
Solomon Carlisle
BMB2/Evans

I would try and move Toms, VanDeVen and Good for picks.

Reactions: Houndzfan20

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'll give it a go;

Beck. BMB. Sirizotti
Cloutier. Martin. Hayes

kirill. Virgilo.
Karki. Gibson.
Carlisle. Evans/BMB

Shenkel
Miller.

Vader and montroy healthy scratch although I feel like both of them, as well as Solomon have played extremely well all preseason.
Fantino ?

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Fantino ?
maybe if it was Hookey lol. i was not fond of that trade. fantino has a rocket of a shot but he's much slower than most of our team so he only gets to use it once in awhile. i'd rather use that spot for Hayes. just my opinion though, probably not the popular one.

Reactions: Millpond

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Pretty impressive preseason for the Hounds. Allard T-3 for points with 8, but everyone else with that many points played more games than his 3.

Martin leading all rookies with 7 points, and we have three rookies in the top twelve with Vader and Hayes at 4 points (all other T-12 rookies played more games than the Soo's T-12 rookies).

Anyone know what the status is of Spencer Evans? He hasn't dressed recently and with players away at NHL camps I would have thought he would have been in the lineup if healthy and available?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Clattenburg no longer showing on Ottawa's roster
Karki no longer showing on Vegas's roster
Gibson no longer showing on Detroit's roster

McConnell-Barker still showing on New York Ranger's roster
Kudryavtsev still showing on Vancouver's roster

All reports were that Rangers trimmed down to 48 and Bryce McConnell-Barker was being sent back. On NHL.com their roster is showing with only 48 players but Bryce McConnell-Barker is still listed. Strange.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Clattenburg no longer showing on Ottawa's roster
Karki no longer showing on Vegas's roster
Gibson no longer showing on Detroit's roster

McConnell-Barker still showing on New York Ranger's roster
Kudryavtsev still showing on Vancouver's roster

rangers and redwings both had a media release saying that BMB and Gibson were sent back to Junior.

didn't see anything about kirill or karki yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad