SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Yeah, you knew early. Not necessarily day 1 but it was early I remember that. But we always knew we needed another forward that year to protect for injuries.

This year Owen Beck is the big fish, but Stonehouse or Ludwinski could also be significant adds at the deadline.

Yep for sure!

Just reading over the Ottawa 67s post on Facebook and there's 25 replies from Ottawa fans and not one of them is happy about the dealing and losing Beck.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Comparing the Raddysh/ Sambrook year to this years team doesn't make any sense.
Different year different teams, different coaching staffs, etc...
Teams will have a better indication where they stand near or around trade deadline
if they have a shot at contending or not .

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Just reading over the Ottawa 67s post on Facebook and there's 25 replies from Ottawa fans and not one of them is happy about the dealing and losing Beck.
Ottawa's HFBoard suggested that Beck might have asked for a trade. Otherwise, I agree, it didn't really make sense for them.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Yep for sure!

He was the last player left from the 50-11, COVID cancelled 2019-20 powerhouse 67’s team aka the 1994 Montreal Expos of the OHL. He played with Jack Quinn and Mitch Hoelscher that year.

I wish him well. When he’s healthy, he is dynamite. I could see a 90 point season if he plays all 68 games

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Comparing the Raddysh/ Sambrook year to this years team doesn't make any sense.
Different year different teams, different coaching staffs, etc...
Teams will have a better indication where they stand near or around trade deadline
if they have a shot at contending or not .

And if not, Beck is just another asset that come deadline if we are selling will likely be valued at more than what we paid ( example Jacob Holmes lol )

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
No Freeview for the game tonight. Not going to make it to the game tonight, so if someone going could update that'd be sweet

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I think he meant for windsor. Could be wrong tho. He went tonsudz for Thompson, they got like 3 seconds and 2 thirds or something asinine like that lol

Holmes was traded 3 times over.
We moved him to Sudbury in the Thompson deal.

Sudbury moved him to Windsor for:
Kitchener’s second-round draft pick in 2024, Kingston’s second-round pick in 2025, Niagara’s third-round pick in 2026, Oshawa’s fourth-round pick in 2023 and Windsor’s sixth-round pick in 2025.

Windsor also moved him to Kingston for 3 or 4 draft picks.

The 2nd deal Sudbury to Windsor is more of what I was implying, yes @Houndzfan20

HockeyFan000

Dec 10, 2021
Wow!
Martin and hayes look like studs
Vader showed well too with 2 goals and works really hard.
Mignosa is filthy and seems to be way more confident out there. allard brings so much speed to this lineup and definitely our 2nd line Centre. I really enjoy Solomon’s presence out there and does remind me of Jordan smith (can’t remember who said this)

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Brady Martin now has 6 points in 3 games. Leading rookie in preseason.

It's still early but wow.. he's going to be special.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I'm not sold on Charlie Schenkel anymore though

Most goalies have a bad night and you can write it off " as a bad night " but with Charlie it's the opposite. He's constantly having bad nights and when he has a good night we glorify it. I don't know..maybe I'm being a little harsh on him too.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sold on Charlie Schenkel anymore though

Most goalies have a bad night and you can write it off " as a bad night " but with Charlie it's the opposite. He's constantly having bad nights and when he has a good night we glorify it. I don't know..maybe I'm being a little harsh on him too.
I'll wait to reserve judgement. He was a stud last year for us and held us in games we had no business being in.

1.5 games in a month isn't a lot of reps. Practice is great but lack of game situations can maybe be attributed to it.

I'd like to see what the season brings.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I'll wait to reserve judgement. He was a stud last year for us and held us in games we had no business being in.

1.5 games in a month isn't a lot of reps. Practice is great but lack of game situations can maybe be attributed to it.

I'd like to see what the season brings.
I don't think much will change. I'm believe his cap was hit last year. From the time I did him, plus the Ottawa camp and what people spoke of him there.... tough spot but I'm not and never was sold on Charlie, but you're right it's probably best to wait it out a bit.

Good chance we wait and prices go up and we get stuck with, even if he doesn't get better haha

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought Schenkel was pretty good last night. Saginaw was generating most of their shots from the point, with tips coming high slot, low slot, and back door. Lots going on and our defense need to be better at tying up sticks. He controlled rebounds well and looked comfortable out there.

Also, Martin may have had a hattie, but my player of the game was Hayes. He was all over the ice, forcing turnovers and making sick passes to set up his linemates.

I thought Brodie struggled last night. He kept getting beat by a step on the rush, and struggled with defensive awareness in his own zone.

There were four players dressed last night that are still wearing cages; Brodie, Solomon, Vader, and Good. I guess none have a guaranteed spot yet.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I thought Schenkel was pretty good last night. Saginaw was generating most of their shots from the point, with tips coming high slot, low slot, and back door. Lots going on and our defense need to be better at tying up sticks. He controlled rebounds well and looked comfortable out there.

Also, Martin may have had a hattie, but my player of the game was Hayes. He was all over the ice, forcing turnovers and making sick passes to set up his linemates.

I thought Brodie struggled last night. He kept getting beat by a step on the rush, and struggled with defensive awareness in his own zone.

There were four players dressed last night that are still wearing cages; Brodie, Solomon, Vader, and Good. I guess none have a guaranteed spot yet.
I would assume Solomon goes back to waterloo for the year. With kirill, karki and gibson back it'll be better for him to play big minutes down there. I really like Vader's compete level. And although not the fastest, his skill is pretty evident.

I liked Hayes but I thought Martin was really good last night. Luckily for us, both don't look like rookies. Could change after pre-season and all the best players are back, but really happy with those two picks for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad