SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's a highly questionable opinion that would not be shared by many, but either way, we don't really have any way of knowing that they couldn't move him.

A reasonable baseline expectation this year would be a point per game, along with his typically excellent defensive play. That's a top pairing defenseman for any contender in the league and they certainly won't let his import status hold them back of he's available.
same way i knew the top 11 draft picks last year and posted trades last year before they happened. look up the resume.

didmt you argue me that harrison ballard was a stud that 10 teams wanted, i said no one wanted him and he wasnt that good, you said the same thing you said here.

id like to think you would have learned from last year

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
the disagreements with drafting local players has been discussed in the past, and
will continue to get discussed into the future.
the problem i find with Raftis is he doesn't know when to move on from overage
players or 19 year olds when there is no doubt the team is not good enough to
make a deep run in the playoffs. Take for example last season :
there is no way that Mark Duarte, Kelvin Watson or Ryan Thompson should have
been on the team after the trade deadline. Move those players for assets. Don't know
how much you would have gotten in return for Thompson however Duarte & Watson
should have been dealt.
Look at Mississauga , they managed to trade for Porter Martone from Sarnia, knowing
full well Sarnia was making a run. That is insight into building for the following year.
Don't know if Raftis had enough to trade for Martone last season but he certainly would
look good in a Hounds jersey this season.
You need a trade partner. Do you know if anyone wanted these players.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
You need a trade partner. Do you know if anyone wanted these players.

I've said this REPEATEDLY.

Everyone says Raftis is a failure for not selling but has never once discussed the possibility that we've built SUCH a good culture around the team and city that players root themselves here. Family, friends, and relationships. I know for a fact there were multiple players in the past that refused to leave the Soo in their final year(s), and can you blame them? Thats their life not ours.

1) you need a team willing to play and 2)you need players willing to leave

I fear that trading Moses to Sarnia could be a disaster of biblical proportions.

*high five*

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I've said this REPEATEDLY.

Everyone says Raftis is a failure for not selling but has never once discussed the possibility that we've built SUCH a good culture around the team and city that players root themselves here. Family, friends, and relationships. I know for a fact there were multiple players in the past that refused to leave the Soo in their final year(s), and can you blame them? Thats their life not ours.

1) you need a team willing to play and 2)you need players willing to leave

*high five*
You don't need players willing to leave. At least not 1st rounders or those who negotiated a NTC. Maybe this is why we don't win championships and the Hunters do.

Trade a player for what you want. If he doesn't report, oh well. Happened to us with Brent Sullivan years ago. If you want to play hockey, you'll go.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Everyone says Raftis is a failure for not selling but has never once discussed the possibility that we've built SUCH a good culture around the team and city that players root themselves here. Family, friends, and relationships.

you know what says good culture? winning.
if elite players don't believe you will build a contender around them they'll stop reporting. mediocrity breeds mediocrity.

you and fischy can tell us all how great we are until you're blue in the face but the results tell a different story.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
same way i knew the top 11 draft picks last year and posted trades last year before they happened. look up the resume.

didmt you argue me that harrison ballard was a stud that 10 teams wanted, i said no one wanted him and he wasnt that good, you said the same thing you said here.

id like to think you would have learned from last year

Same way you posted about Brady Martin not signing in the Soo, challenged my opinion despite me knowing with 100% certainty what you said was false, then tried to make me look bad by bringing up something else false from Twitter that never happened.

I can't believe I fell for the bait again and unignored that account.. I'm done with it, trying to be a better poster these days and not engage in any stupidity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Same way you posted about Brady Martin not signing in the Soo, challenged my opinion despite me knowing with 100% certainty what you said was false, then tried to make me look bad by bringing up something else false from Twitter that never happened.

I also got peppered with ad hominems for challenging those rumours but I'm over it.
I'd rather be right and vilified for it than wrong and needing friends to carry the water for me.

Can't we just all agree that nobody is wrong more often than Fischhaber? LOL

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I can't believe I fell for the bait again and unignored that account.. I'm done with it, trying to be a better poster these days and not engage in any stupidity.
what are you talking about. i posted the day of the draft 'he would probably sign'

also, make up your mind...

'I can tell you right now that I was contacted about OHL4LIFE being someone you want to listen to and trust after my little back and forth about UMass. Something about never being wrong, and accurately giving the top 10 players drafted in the ohl draft shortly after the lottery.'

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I also got peppered with ad hominems for challenging those rumours but I'm over it.
I'd rather be right and vilified for it than wrong and needing friends to carry the water for me.

Can't we just all agree that nobody is wrong more often than Fischhaber? LOL

I'm wrong often, I admit it, and move forward.

You know what I want to do? I want to meet some people off this forum who are open to meeting and having a beer/pop/whatever and watching a game or period or whatever.

Imagine the HFBoard group in the suite? Lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Ok, anyone know any good flexibility excercises? Ever since last year when I said Clattenburg was basically Jacklin 2.0 I have been trying to get flexible enough to get my foot in my mouth. Because that's where it belongs.

He will start the season suspended but when he returns he will make his presence felt. I stand corrected.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Ok, anyone know any good flexibility excercises? Ever since last year when I said Clattenburg was basically Jacklin 2.0 I have been trying to get flexible enough to get my foot in my mouth. Because that's where it belongs.

He will start the season suspended but when he returns he will make his presence felt. I stand corrected.

If he can add some scoring to this team too, look out lol

Also a tweet from Steven Ellis calling Clattenburg a " Human wreckingball " lol!!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hopefully Raftis is working the phones. Starting the season with 3 defensemen in the press box every game doesn't make much sense. Does anyone know the deadline for reducing the roster? We are at 26 currently.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Hopefully Raftis is working the phones. Starting the season with 3 defensemen in the press box every game doesn't make much sense. Does anyone know the deadline for reducing the roster? We are at 26 currently.
could be wrong but 25 by opening night, could have some flexibility based on players at nhl camps

Reactions: HockeyPops

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
I do not think it is a good strategy to have five 19-year old defencemen on this year's edition.

Raftis must make a move and we also might could use a roster spot for a 3rd OA.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I can't imagine bringing in an OA defenseman, not with the scoring issues we had last year and the depth of our defense. That would mean moving another forward to make room for the OA. That wouldn't have to happen yet though, could make that move at the deadline.

Reactions: OHLfan200

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Connor Clattenburg gets invited to main camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad