SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Most contenders already have 2 imports, so it would depend how much of an upgrade he would be.
If he plays how I expect this year, he would be a substantial upgrade for any team as one of the top 3 import players in the league. We've seen in the past that import status doesn't really affect the haul for elite level players.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Most contenders already have 2 imports, so it would depend how much of an upgrade he would be.
The wolves would probably be most interested.
Both import D would be ideal for NB, but the hounds would have to accept an import D and ‘06 D rather than a pick heavy return; or, NB would have to first trade an ‘06 D and Robertson or MacIvor for picks.
An import in return is probable in any trade.

If he plays how I expect this year, he would be a substantial upgrade for any team as one of the top 3 import players in the league. We've seen in the past that import status doesn't really affect the haul for elite level players.
Top 3 is very debatable.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
hamilton couldnt move grushnikov last year for a decent return and he is better

Reactions: Roadhog

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Any haul we can get for Kirill would be fantastic. BMB would a huge haul. Some tough cuts coming up I'm sure.. I just can't see Moses or Good sticking around. Not with how promising Hayes and Vader look.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Any haul we can get for Kirill would be fantastic. BMB would a huge haul. Some tough cuts coming up I'm sure.. I just can't see Moses or Good sticking around. Not with how promising Hayes and Vader look.

I'd be keeping Moses myself.

Moses, Hayes, Vader, Good in that order for me.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Agree @HockeyPops haul would be huge. Wouldnt package them though, would try to get the most out of each individually haha.

I don't think it's 100% facts that we won't be selling, alot will weigh on how we start this season off I feel. That first month will tell the story.

One thing about Kirill is that during WJC he is 100% not a loss. Russia not participating means he will stay. Nice asset to have while some teams have players missing.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I don't think it's 100% facts that we won't be selling, alot will weigh on how we start this season off I feel. That first month will tell the story.
My personal worry is that we are sitting around 5th place come the trade deadline which is where many of us seem to envision ourselves. Not good enough to be a bonafide contender but not bad enough that Raftis sells to build around Martin. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
My personal worry is that we are sitting around 5th place come the trade deadline which is where many of us seem to envision ourselves. Not good enough to be a bonafide contender but not bad enough that Raftis sells to build around Martin. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
4th, 1pt ahead of London; no way could SSM sell then.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
I thought Moses looked great in camp this year.

Definitely has wheels. He will make a living as a grinder in Sarnia.

I'd be keeping Moses myself.

Moses, Hayes, Vader, Good in that order for me.

Not a shot I would've kept Moses over Hayes and Vader. 4 points in 38 games moving into an 18 year old season doesn't cut it over a 16 year old who fit on the first line in the exhibition game and a 17 year old centre who carried his line, that's just my opinion. Bring on the youth, let's see what they can do. And i guess we don't have to worry about it anymore! Lol.

What's Moses all about? We desperately needed somebody with jam/physicality. Does he do that? Haha
Strong and fast. Not too much skill involved in his game, but definitely an all out worker.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Definitely has wheels. He will make a living as a grinder in Sarnia.

Not a shot I would've kept Moses over Hayes and Vader. 4 points in 38 games moving into an 18 year old season doesn't cut it over a 16 year old who fit on the first line in the exhibition game and a 17 year old centre who carried his line, that's just my opinion. Bring on the youth, let's see what they can do. And i guess we don't have to worry about it anymore! Lol.

Strong and fast. Not too much skill involved in his game, but definitely an all out worker.
Good assessment on all those points. Hope he does well in sarnia.

Reactions: StingUpdates

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Good assessment on all those points. Hope he does well in sarnia.

He's going to... he's got the frame of a NHLer, wheels, everything else will just come naturally in his new home, I believe

I'm hoping this isn't the first time we link up this season @StingUpdates. I've got Sikic as one of the OAs i'd love to see on the Hounds.

And while I understand that Hayes and Vader both looked great in preseason, I wonder what they'll bring later in the season when the going gets tough... when as @DWI Dale calls it..."neck beard season" lol.

Hayes is going to be a stud, that's evident. Vader.. I dunno. Felt he looked invisible myself. I was more so alluding that Moses could have been kept over Good. Good is someone I thought should have been cut. I liked Brady Smith way more.

Last edited:
Reactions: StingUpdates

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Greyhounds did some updates! Looks awesome!
FB_IMG_1694739273036.jpg
FB_IMG_1694739274910.jpg
FB_IMG_1694739276934.jpg

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
He's going to... he's got the frame of a NHLer, wheels, everything else will just come naturally in his new home, I believe

I'm hoping this isn't the first time we link up this season @StingUpdates. I've got Sikic as one of the OAs i'd love to see on the Hounds.

And while I understand that Hayes and Vader both looked great in preseason, I wonder what they'll bring later in the season when the going gets tough... when as @DWI Dale calls it..."neck beard season" lol.

Hayes is going to be a stud, that's evident. Vader.. I dunno. Felt he looked invisible myself. I was more so alluding that Moses could have been kept over Good. Good is someone I thought should have been cut. I liked Brady Smith way more.
I agree that I would have kept Moses over good. I feel like good will just be cut as there probably won't be any interest. At least we got something for a free agent. I'm anxious to see what both Hayes and Vader bring in the coming years.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't really care that we got a conditional 12th for Moses. But I am glad that Raftis found a spot for him to play in the league. He can definitely play at the OHL level, it would have been a shame if he fell victim to a numbers game and couldn't find another team at this level.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
hamilton couldnt move grushnikov last year for a decent return and he is better

That's a highly questionable opinion that would not be shared by many, but either way, we don't really have any way of knowing that they couldn't move him.

A reasonable baseline expectation this year would be a point per game, along with his typically excellent defensive play. That's a top pairing defenseman for any contender in the league and they certainly won't let his import status hold them back of he's available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad