SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Is there anywhere in the Soo I might find a Greyhounds puck for my son's collection ?
We are here till Monday .
Thanks in advance . ☺️

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Soo faithful:
My wife and I just enjoyed the long weekend in your fair city.
Agawa Canyon excursion, Bushplane Museum, boardwalk, and some darn fine restaurants.

You've got a lovely city.

Easy to navigate, clean, friendly.
And your arena near the water is awesome (well, from the outside).

You live in a place you can all be proud of .

Thank you.

Attack fan .

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Soo faithful:
Agawa Canyon excursion, Bushplane Museum, boardwalk, and some darn fine restaurants.

Thank you.

Attack fan .

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for visiting. Be sure to come back for a hockey game sometime. First few rounds is on Hfp92 ;)

Reactions: Millpond

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Soo faithful:

Thank you.

Attack fan .

Nice to see people see the positive in the Sault. It has some downfalls but overall the city as a whole is trending in the right direction, minus the drug problems but those are not unique to our city only. We live in a great part of the world, you can drive 30 minutes in any direction and have beautiful nature all to yourself. Curious what restaurants you tried while visiting?

👀👀👀

I'd imagine Jeff Carter is next once his playing days are over.

👀👀👀

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Nice to see people see the positive in the Sault. It has some downfalls but overall the city as a whole is trending in the right direction, minus the drug problems but those are not unique to our city only. We live in a great part of the world, you can drive 30 minutes in any direction and have beautiful nature all to yourself. Curious what restaurants you tried while visiting?

I'd like to see them replace Beezer #1 with a memorial banner for Emery #1.

I do not support that banner at all.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'd like to see them replace Beezer #1 with a memorial banner for Emery #1.

I do not support that banner at all.

I think the team has basically cut ties with him and that may be his punishment. He was the one with the racial slur at Daley right? Obviously not something I agree with but I think leaving it as is, is fine. If they took it down I wouldn't be sad either. Emery definitely deserves something, he was a legend and such a treat to watch growing up. Seeing your Greyhound goalie pound the snot out of other players when I had season tickets as a youth behind the bench was a core memory.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Emery definitely deserves something, he was a legend and such a treat to watch growing up. Seeing your Greyhound goalie pound the snot out of other players when I had season tickets as a youth behind the bench was a core memory.

Was THE BEST!!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

We enjoyed meals at Giovanni's, Fratellis, breakfast at Chummy's and The Taj.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
We enjoyed meals at Giovanni's, Fratellis, breakfast at Chummy's and The Taj.

Chummys is my wife's favorite and the Taj has great good and better service. Next time around I recommend Ernies Cafe, an old neighbor classic that's been taken over by a younger owner, new menu but the same dinner vibes inside. It's a short walk to the rink if you visit during the hockey season.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Chummys is my wife's favorite and the Taj has great good and better service. Next time around I recommend Ernies Cafe, an old neighbor classic that's been taken over by a younger owner, new menu but the same dinner vibes inside. It's a short walk to the rink if you visit during the hockey season.
Thanks ! Looks like we hit paydirt 😀

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I think the team has basically cut ties with him and that may be his punishment. He was the one with the racial slur at Daley right? Obviously not something I agree with but I think leaving it as is, is fine. If they took it down I wouldn't be sad either. Emery definitely deserves something, he was a legend and such a treat to watch growing up. Seeing your Greyhound goalie pound the snot out of other players when I had season tickets as a youth behind the bench was a core memory.
Ya when I saw Emery leave the crease to challenge McMorrow in London I was a fan instantly. Even as a LK ST holder.
Pushed his D outta the way, in a I got this type way lol. Not in the crease mind you but he came out to the half wall to defend his D lol. Loved it.
Tender/enforcer is a unique combo lol

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017

Screenshot_20230818_185314_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: DWI Dale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad