SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Brassard was bad on the second one and only let it in a couple but I was holding my breath that the Hounds wouldn’t get too many good shots on him and they didn’t.

I thought he looked good in net but awkward at the same time. Like nervous awkward.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Which episode of morning skate and at approximately what minute mark do they say this?

I'm not sure it's this segment.

There are multiple episodes aired on that station, like Steve Kouleas. I listened to the only show I can find on-demand from that station which was the Morning Skate but by theory could have been anyone..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

NOTE: Kirill was drafted out of the Soo, so he is not eligible to play in the AHL next season.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Hopefully the scouting staff has done its job and we can draft impact players this draft. The last two drafts have not produced impact OHL players.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Soooooo a loss tonight locks us in bottom 4?

I beleive so. A loss tonight leaves us with 5 games left. Only able to gain 10 points in those 5 games. And not enough to catch Owen Sound. A loss in regulation tonight should officially eliminate us from playoffs. Disappointing after all the playoff games we had the opportunity to watch the last several years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeletedAccountt

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Hopefully the scouting staff has done its job and we can draft impact players this draft. The last two drafts have not produced impact OHL players.
I think that Kirill Kudryavtsev and Andrew Gibson are impact OHL players from the 2021 drafts. It's really too early to say that this past year's draftees are already busts. I think Virgilio has a chance to be a top pairing defenseman.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Let's fill that arena on the 17th. A little birdie told me the Memorial Cup committee ( at least 2 members ) will be in the Soo and in attendance.

I think that Kirill Kudryavtsev and Andrew Gibson are impact OHL players from the 2021 drafts. It's really too early to say that this past year's draftees are already busts. I think Virgilio has a chance to be a top pairing defenseman.

Small sample size but I expect Evans to be impactful as well.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Let's fill that arena on the 17th. A little birdie told me the Memorial Cup committee ( at least 2 members ) will be in the Soo and in attendance.

Small sample size but I expect Evans to be impactful as well.
I was told that the team made a conscious effort to focus on forwards in this draft, but top defensemen (BMB, Virgilio, and Evans) kept dropping way further than expected and left them with no other choice. That's obvious with the first two, but presumably they had Evans rated much higher as well.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I was told that the team made a conscious effort to focus on forwards in this draft, but top defensemen (BMB, Virgilio, and Evans) kept dropping way further than expected and left them with no other choice. That's obvious with the first two, but presumably they had Evans rated much higher as well.
? They took Brown ahead of Parehk, Cristoforo and Marelli and they had “no other choice” than to add BMB2 and Evans who’ve combined for 0pts and -10?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
? They took Brown ahead of Parehk, Cristoforo and Marelli and they had “no other choice” than to add BMB2 and Evans who’ve combined for 0pts and -10?
Breaking news: 19 teams had better players go after their first round pick.

Absolutely shocking news, thanks for sharing.

BMB2 is having a tremendous season in the NOJHL and is well on his way to a strong career. That's a pretty common path for a defenseman taken after the first couple of rounds. Evans has only just started his OHL career and isn't getting a lot of time, given the team's extremely strong blueline depth.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I think Raftis' drafting record recently deserves a ton of scrutiny but I'm also in favour of judging picks by where they are at in their 19 year old season.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think Raftis' drafting record recently deserves a ton of scrutiny but I'm also in favour of judging picks by where they are at in their 19 year old season.
Absolutely and I think Virgilio will be special. An complete steal and BMB2 will probably have a fine OHL career too. Just to phrase it with “had no other choice” seems quite a stretch to me. If the kid is “had no other choice” good in the 3rd round, which would imply 2nd round talent, then he should probably be able to find a roster spot on a non-playoff team that’s allowed the second most goals in the league. As far as missing on Cristoforo, Parekh and Marelli? So did my team and I didn’t see Parekh or Marelli but I did watch Cristoforo in the OHL Cup and as ridiculous as it is to try and assess a kid based on one game….on tv no less….I can’t believe so many teams missed on him. The only kid I found more impressive that day was Misa.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
had no other choice is certainly dramatic but that kind of absolute homerism is par for the course with Fishy no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad