GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Don’t like the decision at all. Kinkaid didn’t have an easy game last night so it’s surprising they went back to him after that heavy workload. But hopefully he keeps it up. I wish they would’ve started Cory and went back to Kinkaid no matter what agains the Sharks

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wait, Cory is not starting?

Very bad decision by Hynes

The stats prove that you use different goalies in back to backs.

I'm very disappointed

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So if KK has anotehr shutout, it will still be a bad decision?

I agree it can backfire, but to say no matter the result, it's a bad decision is a little bit far fetched.

Yes. It was an unnecessary risk to play Keith on a road back to back after a busy game yesterday.

Odds are he will not pitch a shutout.

This is liking better wrong in Poker but being bailed out by the last card.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Kinkaid is hotter than Schneider, yes. He is not better than Schneider. He still has worse numbers on the season.
Goalie stats are useless imo. I could care less if a goalie has a high save % and still loses a ton of games bc he can't make the timely saves.. the fact that cory has played 8 more games, and has 2 less wins then kk is telling alone. Look at combined losses and compare the 2....thats a better way to judge goalies. This season kk is better, and was close to cory last season (if not outplayed him for a while). Kk has the higher upside imo and will be a starter in the league.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
19 wins in 29 starts is significantly better than 17 wins in 38 starts.

Now hold up...take those 10 crappy games Cory played out of the equation....

19 wins in 29 starts is STILL better than than 17 wins in 28 starts.

See the problem here Red?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Yep, I see all the coaches on here are at it again. Jesus christ. Would I prolly have liked schneider in this situation? Yes. But am I bitching and whining and acting like my opinion is superior to an NHL coach? No I'm not. Give it a rest and complain when there is something worth complaining about. The god damn puck,hasn't even,dropped yet.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I said it last night, I'll say it now. Kinkaid is not leaving the net until he falters. He's not just playing well, he's confident and comfortable. Cory is not.

Reactions: JK3

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hynes has made a bonehead move .

Let Kink rest up and be strong for the SJ game.

I have a bad feeling we are going to see Cory tonight at some point.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So if KK has anotehr shutout, it will still be a bad decision?

I agree it can backfire, but to say no matter the result, it's a bad decision is a little bit far fetched.

I mean either he has a bad start and it gets second-guessed or he has a good one and you're then backed into starting him three road games in four nights.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Yes. It was an unnecessary risk to play Keith on a road back to back after a busy game yesterday.

Odds are he will not pitch a shutout.

This is liking better wrong in Poker but being bailed out by the last card.
Starting Cory is starting a poker hand with a 2 and a 7 in your hand

Reactions: mtnet

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I mean either he has a bad start and it gets second-guessed or he has a good one and you're then backed into starting him three road games in four nights.
Dude is a profesional hockey player, he has played 31 games in a little bit under 6 months. I don't think he's necessarily tired or anything.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't know how many people actually think Keith is a better goaltender. He's playing much better at the moment though and has earned all of the playing time he's getting over Cory.
This is exactly the problem. I still think Corey's the better netminder. Now we're going to risk Corey being rust (well, rustier), if/when KK comes back down to Earth.

I just can't see a better opportunity to get Corey back into the swings of things than the 2nd half of back to backs on the road with the team feeling confident against a team KK has struggled against.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Goalie stats are useless imo. I could care less if a goalie has a high save % and still loses a ton of games bc he can't make the timely saves.. the fact that cory has played 8 more games, and has 2 less wins then kk is telling alone. Look at combined losses and compare the 2....thats a better way to judge goalies. This season kk is better, and was close to cory last season (if not outplayed him for a while). Kk has the higher upside imo and will be a starter in the league.

This is a whole lot of rubbish. You are basically stating an opinion that is totally based on “feelings” and not on any hard data.

Your main argument is “timely saves” which you can’t actually quantify, and it is completely subject to bias because you are going off memory and not anything recorded.

Never mind the lack of an agreed upon definition of what a timely save efen is. Is it only 3rd period saves? Only when leading?

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Hynes alluded to this after the game, starting kk shouldn't be a surprise.

Eventually cory will have to play..... and play very well or it's back to kk imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad