Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Haven’t seen it brought up yet, but Galimov is on fire in the KHL right now, top 10 in scoring and pacing for 73 in 67 right now. May have found a gem with what was the first Russian pick in a while for us lol

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Haven’t seen it brought up yet, but Galimov is on fire in the KHL right now, top 10 in scoring and pacing for 73 in 67 right now. May have found a gem with what was the first Russian pick in a while for us lol

I'll be honest, it would shock me if he ever came over and played a minute for anaheim.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

I'll be honest, it would shock me if he ever came over and played a minute for anaheim.
His deal runs out this year, but there’s no telling how PV feels about him or how he will feel about him if he continues to have a good year. But, if he likes him and he wants to try NA, could be an interesting player competing for next season’s roster

Reactions: Ducks DVM

shach1

Aug 12, 2023
from ep rinkside

Tarin Smith, D, Everett Silvertips (Anaheim Ducks)​

Last season, Tarin Smith landed inside our second round because of his skill level. In his best outings, he was dynamic from the point. This season, he’s elevated that offensive impact—currently leading all WHL defencemen with eight points in four games—while dramatically improving the rest of his game.

September 29th’s game against the Kelowna Rockets was a perfect example of Smith’s growth. He picked up 11 retrievals and completed seven controlled exits under pressure without turning the puck over, both leading the game by large margins. Last season, he would throw pucks away under pressure. Now, he’s drawing defensive pressure to pass through it, finding quick escapes while absorbing contact, and using the middle of the rink more often.

As often happens with Anaheim Ducks prospects, Smith has also become a punishing defender. He’s far more physical than before, looking to make contact with everyone who enters his space and even going out of his way to level opponents. If Smith keeps this up, he will become a top prospect.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
from ep rinkside

Tarin Smith, D, Everett Silvertips (Anaheim Ducks)​

Last season, Tarin Smith landed inside our second round because of his skill level. In his best outings, he was dynamic from the point. This season, he’s elevated that offensive impact—currently leading all WHL defencemen with eight points in four games—while dramatically improving the rest of his game.

September 29th’s game against the Kelowna Rockets was a perfect example of Smith’s growth. He picked up 11 retrievals and completed seven controlled exits under pressure without turning the puck over, both leading the game by large margins. Last season, he would throw pucks away under pressure. Now, he’s drawing defensive pressure to pass through it, finding quick escapes while absorbing contact, and using the middle of the rink more often.

As often happens with Anaheim Ducks prospects, Smith has also become a punishing defender. He’s far more physical than before, looking to make contact with everyone who enters his space and even going out of his way to level opponents. If Smith keeps this up, he will become a top prospect.
As noted by many, he will be go much earlier in the next years HF Boards prospect poll

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Noted leading into the draft that Smith had some raving reviews from some of the more respected WHL prospect watchers. There was a repeated sentiment that he was a favourite prospect in the class outside of what was considered the top guys. Not exactly even sure what question mark(s) could have pushed him outside the top two rounds but damn the early returns are making it look like yet another D prospect robbery

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
@Static I think I do this every year, but I appreciate you being on top of posting these highlight videos. Thank you!
Thank you, and thank you to everyone in this thread who contributes every year. Our Euro friends, junior league followers, social media masters, everyone who is involved has helped make prospect following easier and more fun. It is appreciated.

Last edited:

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I feel like our draft was really damn good this year.

Love the masse and smith picks.
Agree that this was a good year. Masse was a bit underwhelming at camp but I won't hold it against him.

After the first round I think Smith and Pettersson will be sneaky good picks

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update: Juniors

Oct 8, Juniors.png

🔥 The En Fuego Club 🔥
  • RW Massé
  • LD T. Smith

🌠 The Honor Student Club 🌠
  • LD K. Smith
  • C Blais

Note: If I'm missing a CHL prospect, then let me know. Or any other mistakes. Thx in advance.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update: Europe

Oct 8, Europe.png

🔥 The En Fuego Club 🔥
  • Galimov is 2nd in team scoring and tied for 10th in the KHL for scoring.

Pettersson is having a wild ride. Started off in juniors and the promoted to the SHL club. The jump might have been too high to the SHL and was recently loaned to H.A. (men's 2nd tier for Swedish hockey).

Clara is having a solid season so far. He has had to come into a couple of games either to injury or the other goalie is having it rough. In Fajrestad's last game, the other goalie started and let in 3 goals in 8 shots in 11:32 TOI. Clara went 14-17 in net in relief for the rest of the game, with a TOI of 48:28.

Solberg leads the team in hits with 13 (next highest is 7 hits), sixth on the team in blocks with 4, and second worst +/- rating with -2. He has had only one terrible game. In the following three games thereafter, he hasn't had a negative rating on the ice. The team has always had him start of as the 2nd pairing and Solberg's growth is showing to where he's more than just a bombastic hitter.

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad