GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dude is a profesional hockey player, he has played 31 games in a little bit under 6 months. I don't think he's necessarily tired or anything.

He's also not used to playing a starters' workload, at least not in the last few years. Much less going into a Marty-type workload.

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm sure Kinkaid is as exhausted as Vatanen is.

Now this just being snarky for the hell of it.

It is a back to back. They had to travel last night. Keith has never worked this kind of work load.

You absolutely risk burning him out like this, especially as their is zero evidence he can keep this kind of streak under a normal workload up for an extended period of time.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Shame that I live in a state that doesn’t sell liquor on Sunday’s. I have a feeling I’m going to be wishing I had it tonight

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is literally like 4 posters who are letting their Cory bias be the basis for an argument instead of logic.

Even if this is your number 1 starting yesterday, you play your backup tonight. It doesn’t matter who the names involved are unless it is guys like Marty or Roy.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
No it isn’t. That is just silly. You are ignoring logic for the hell of it.
I'm actually quite indifferent on that decision. I can see both sides of the argument.

KK just had a shutout.
KK is playing is playing consecutive days.

It's not a stupid decision, it's a decision that contains a certain amount of risk. Might work, might not.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Now this just being snarky for the hell of it.

It is a back to back. They had to travel last night. Keith has never worked this kind of work load.

You absolutely risk burning him out like this, especially as their is zero evidence he can keep this kind of streak under a normal workload up for an extended period of time.
They didn't really travel last night. They are playing Los Angeles and Anaheim in a back to back, it's like playing us and the Rangers back to back, it's a short drive. I doubt they even changed hotels.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It would be nice to have beat reporters who actually held Hynes accountable for things like this.

Thing is if we had beat reporters that gave a crap there'd also be microphones in Cory's face every day just waiting for him to slip up and say something off-script pumping the goalie contreversy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Keith also has only two career NHL back to backs ever. His career numbers in Anaheim are also terrible.
Career record against a team is not a reliable means of predicting future success.

Honestly, I would have been fine with either decision, I just don't think starting Kinkaid when he's on fire, even in a back to back, is the doom and gloom that so many think it is.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Did anybody read Brent Johnson's Tweet thread on goalies getting tired? He brought up some good points on goalies needing to be ultra focused during the entire game and how a goalie being just a little off because he's tired is much different than a skater being off.

Now I'm not saying that will happen to Kinkaid, but I think it would have been smarter to give him tonight off, especially given that he's struggled against the Ducks. Hopefully he's just due for a win against them.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I don’t agree with it but it’s not as simple of a decision when factoring in how well he has been playing along with the team overall.

All you can do is hope it works out no matter what. LGD!

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
This is literally like 4 posters who are letting their Cory bias be the basis for an argument instead of logic.

Even if this is your number 1 starting yesterday, you play your backup tonight. It doesn’t matter who the names involved are unless it is guys like Marty or Roy.
We are not in the middle of the season. We have 11 games left to play. We are battling for a playoff spot, and KK has been excellent and considering CS has been playing like a ECHL goaltender, it's not a bad decision.

KK being tired is overblown. Like I said, this decision is risky, but it's not stupid.

Reactions: Palpatine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad