GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Will be interesting to look back on these threads in the future and see how hilarious it is that people thought Kinkaid was better than Schneider because he had a hot stretch of games. I get riding Kinkaid while he still has the hot hand, but to do it on back to backs against good teams is not the best idea.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Will be interesting to look back on these threads in the future and see how hilarious it is that people thought Kinkaid was better than Schneider because he had a hot stretch of games. I get riding Kinkaid while he still has the hot hand, but to do it on back to backs against good teams is not the best idea.
Kinkaid is better than Schneider right now, it's not even a debate. The vast majority of people on this board are not claiming that Kinkaid is a star goalie and much better than Schneider overall.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

What if Cory is Cristobal Huet'ed out of the league in a couple years? :P

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Kinkaid is better than Schneider right now, it's not even a debate. The vast majority of people on this board are not claiming that Kinkaid is a start goalie and much better than Schneider overall.

Kinkaid is hotter than Schneider, yes. He is not better than Schneider. He still has worse numbers on the season.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I don't know how many people actually think Keith is a better goaltender. He's playing much better at the moment though and has earned all of the playing time he's getting over Cory.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this isn’t a game where bratt will be useful. i’m ok with that. i still would’ve started schneider, but f*** it. let’s just get another win

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

What about against Nashville and LA?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kinkaid is hotter than Schneider, yes. He is not better than Schneider. He still has worse numbers on the season.

Honestly I'm not so sure about that anymore. It's been two years of them having similar numbers, KK even being slightly better (albeit in half the starts).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's more useless having Stafford in the lineup.

He's essentially proved to be the definition of useless, yet near 70 games into the season, he's somehow still a starter.

I mean I agree but it's not like Bratt would be all that useful on the fourth line either, or that they'd bump Noesen down for Bratt not playing well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I would love for Skeletor to please explain what he seems to think he gains from playing Stafford over Bratt.

At least Bratt occasionally does something good.
My guess, he would say something like this, "Anaheim is a heavy team on the boards with an aggressive forcheck and we think Drew is better suited for that style"

Reactions: JK3

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
It's more useless having Stafford in the lineup.

He's essentially proved to be the definition of useless, yet near 70 games into the season, he's somehow still a starter.
I totally agree with you, but Stafford is better suited to play on the 4th line then Bratt

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Barely.

Schneider - 17-14 record, 2.81 GAA, .912 SV%
Kinkaid - 19-9 record, 2.85 GAA, .909 SV%

Kinkaid is on a 9-2 stretch with a 2.15 GAA and .935 SV% right now though, which is a better run than Schneider has had at any point this season. It's obvious that Kinkaid is the starter down the stretch until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Maine Fan

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
It's not like Cory is blowing Kinkaid out of the water lol

KK
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 7.08.37 PM.png

CS
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 7.08.54 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad