GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Actually with Keith being 3-0 on this road trip and coming off a shut out, I really would have been surprised if he didn't start. The ball is his now to lose.
good point. come on Keith. You got this

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
As bad as Cory has been tonight is the night you use him as that what is best for the team.

Don't over work you're starting goalie, Kink

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have started Schneider but w/e.

The way I see it, this is going to be a really tough game regardless of who is in goal. Road game, back to back, great opponent. I'm guessing we lose tonight, and a loss tonight against a western team won't kill us (better than giving 2 points to a team we're competing with). I'd rather take a lottery ticket on Cory rounding back to form in a game that's a bit of a long shot while giving Kinkaid the night off.

I'm terrified that KK gets burned out and THEN we have to throw a rattled Cory in because we have no choice. I'd rather pick some spots and have him try to play his way out of it and keep KK fresh. Better than being forced to play Cory the last week of the season with the playoffs on the line and praying that he figures it out when we need him to.
This is actually a really good rationale for starting Cory.

I would have started Cory tonight and if he let me down again, that’s f***in it for him.

Reactions: glenwo2 and mtnet

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Actually with Keith being 3-0 on this road trip and coming off a shut out, I really would have been surprised if he didn't start. The ball is his now to lose.

so if he wins this one.... then starts losing, we are committed but then what do we do?

you just said this isnt dec, jan, feb........

this is a delicate situation and a perfect time to start cory.

but kink is in so lets do it.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Starting Cory is starting a poker hand with a 2 and a 7 in your hand

Keith is winless(I think) against Anaheim for his career and has given up 12 goals in 145 minutes of icetime.

Cory is (I think someone mentioned this) 6-4 with a pretty good sv% against Anaheim.

Starting Keith may end up being the equivalent of looking for a winning card and getting The Joker instead.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Of course you are, "Nico fan". You don't want Bratt to steal Nico's thunder. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

But seriously, does Stafford have compromising pictures of Hynes or something? How he continues to be in the lineup while Bratt is having to pick splinters out of his butt from the bench is beyond me.

That’s an excellent point. Bratt must look awful in film study or something because I am hard pressed to see how STAFFORD brings more to the table than Bratt assuming both are healthy.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Keith is winless(I think) against Anaheim for his career and has given up 12 goals in 145 minutes of icetime.

Cory is (I think someone mentioned this) 6-4 with a pretty good sv% against Anaheim.

Starting Keith may end up being the equivalent of looking for a winning card and getting The Joker instead.
Dude, like I said, I'm not picking sides. All I'm saying is both decisions would've made sense. Each decisions has it's pros and cons.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That’s an excellent point. Bratt must look awful in film study or something because I am hard pressed to see how STAFFORD brings more to the table than Bratt assuming both are healthy.
Stafford is pretty much on the retirement tour right now.

Only I’d like him more if he was taking the retirement tour by sitting upstairs with Jimmy Hayes in a suit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don’t agree with starting Kinkaid, but holy hell you’d think some peoples’ lives depended on the decision judging by this board.

We have another back-to-back in a week.
Well I think the unfathomable just officially happened tonight....

We have a full fledged goalie controversy....it's probably more real than the Cory and Brodeur one was..we all knew Marty was just about done when that was happening.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
YWavOFr.jpg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stafford has 2 points in his last 23 games and is on a 13 game pointless drought.

I guess we needed someone to replace Jacob Josefson this year. Not only in shootout production, but by having one of the worst points per 60 in the entire league.

He’s averaged a minute more per game this season than Miles Wood.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
People were going to be pissed at Hynes no matter who he decided to start. Let's just hope Kinkaid plays well again and we come out of this game with at least a point. Losing in regulation wouldn't be a disaster, but I'd still like to put as much pressure on Florida to keep winning as possible.

Agreed. The mission remains the same :

Get points....EVEN ONE POINT would be acceptable(though I prefer two).

Just gain some distance between us and Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad