GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Sadly you are correct.

i went down south to see the eclipse over the summer.

i went to a national park type area and parked at a waterfall around sunrise. people started showing up around 8am and i was expecting some southern hospitality as i dried off by my car. i got the complete opposite. they were mean and nasty because they saw jersey plates. they wouldnt even say hi. they arent just racist.... they still hate yanks. i was stunned.

found a dirt road on a hill and watched the eclipse in peace.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Major metro areas have totally changed in the last 20 years. But cities like Charlotte, Charleston, Columbia, Asheville, Greenville are becoming major hotspots.

I will never regret living here. It’s a beautiful area with so much to do in the mountains and beaches within a 3 hour drive. Plus the weather is amazing.
I don't blame you. Lots great places in the South. I find most of people I've met to be welcoming and very nice...but I do think that is true in most places in this country...enter a new place unassuming and respectful and most Americans will give you the shirt off their backs.

Not in New Jersey though lol :)

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
As much as we criticize Hynes it's really nice to see a coach that communicates with his players. We've had too many guys like DeBoer and Sutter come in and not talk to their players.

Not to mention that being exactly what Hall has said he’s appreciated about this coaching staff vs. his Edmonton coaching carousel.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
but we have all been watching stafford this year. hes a decent 4th line option.

not a shootout option. and if you think 10 attempts is a great sample size..... maybe it is in the shootout world. no reason to think staffords percentage is on the up and up tho

edit: im a big stafford fan btw. thought he was gonna be very good in the nhl

It is a good sample size for the shootout because there’s so few already that take place already. He’s taken part in the majority of them and come away with a goal almost 50% of the time. He kept the Ottawa shootout win alive with a goal and won the Philly comeback shootout game with a goal.

I think we all agree he’s more suited for a 4th line role than Bratt would be. The SO potential is an added bonus if it gets there.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
You cant buy alcohol until noon on Sunday in Manhattan.
That's the law, but 1, they are working on changing it because it is known to be outdated, and 2, I believe for the most part it is just Liquor stores who follow it. Wake up at 9 am on a Sunday in the city and you will have no problem finding a mimosa or blood mary.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Major metro areas have totally changed in the last 20 years. But cities like Charlotte, Charleston, Columbia, Asheville, Greenville are becoming major hotspots.

I will never regret living here. It’s a beautiful area with so much to do in the mountains and beaches within a 3 hour drive. Plus the weather is amazing.

Love having gulf white sand beaches to laze around on.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I don't blame you. Lots great places in the South. I find most of people I've met to be welcoming and very nice...but I do think that is true in most places in this country...enter a new place unassuming and respectful and most Americans will give you the shirt off their backs.

Not in New Jersey though lol :)

so im screwed in the backwoods of tennessee? haha

to be fair knoxville was cool tho. just going off of the trip i took down south this past summer. met some really nice people but also met some dicks that were way more dickish than i ever have encountered. the bad times were out in the woods with some hicks tho. i figure you could find the same in upstate ny.

progress tho.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That's the law, but 1, they are working on changing it because it is known to be outdated, and 2, I believe for the most part it is just Liquor stores who follow it. Wake up at 9 am on a Sunday in the city and you will have no problem finding a mimosa or blood mary.

I'm not talking about buying a drink at Sunday brunch. You cannot buy a 12 pack of beer at 11am on a Sunday in Manhattan.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i went down south to see the eclipse over the summer.

i went to a national park type area and parked at a waterfall around sunrise. people started showing up around 8am and i was expecting some southern hospitality as i dried off by my car. i got the complete opposite. they were mean and nasty because they saw jersey plates. they wouldnt even say hi. they arent just racist.... they still hate yanks. i was stunned.

found a dirt road on a hill and watched the eclipse in peace.

That’s unusual. Most folks are welcoming if a bit suspicious when they first meet a Yank

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
so im screwed in the backwoods of tennessee? haha

to be fair knoxville was cool tho. just going off of the trip i took down south this past summer. met some really nice people but also met some dicks that were way more dickish than i ever have encountered. the bad times were out in the woods with some hicks tho. i figure you could find the same in upstate ny.

progress tho.

Sound like Sussex County ;)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Kind of surprised they went with Kinkaid again but when he's hot he's hot, ride out this streak until ya can.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
We really must be bored if we're talking about Prohibition just a half-hour before game time. :snide:
Usually, GDT goes up, a bunch of arguing, then it dies down right as puck drops. Now with the late start I think everyone tuckered themselves out with hockey arguing too earlier. Stuck in a weird limbo now.

Reactions: glenwo2

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
That’s unusual. Most folks are welcoming if a bit suspicious when they first meet a Yank

maybe i got a bad bunch. they were all part of a group and gave off a horrible vibe. said hi and got nothing from about 5 people coming out of a car. on the day of the eclipse of all days.

like i said ill be fair everyone else was pretty nice down there but that encounter was so odd. the had florida plates too. so we were all outsiders.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad