Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Screenshot_20230315_110416_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230315_110416_Twitter.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
couldnt think of where else to put it...i would not be opposed..though the last guy would have to get uninvolved with the Devils

Wait I'd been joking about this. Where's Trey Anastasio?

No but seriously, 1:

Foppa looks wild. That's insane.

2:

I mean, if you're gonna own an NHL team and an NBA team, that combination makes a lot more sense than Adelman's current setup.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Also I forgot Forsberg might have some serious cash because he was one of the earliest investors in Crocs. Even if he was like 1% in that'd have to be close to 9 figures at this point. Not sure what Kimmo and the guy from all those bad CBS shows would be packing.

Funny to see Foppa and Kimmo together in a Flyers context, since in a roundabout way they were traded for one another.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Wait I'd been joking about this. Where's Trey Anastasio?

No but seriously, 1:

Foppa looks wild. That's insane.

2:

I mean, if you're gonna own an NHL team and an NBA team, that combination makes a lot more sense than Adelman's current setup.

I'd love to see Trey as part of the owners. Not sure how much involvement he'd have anyways though.

2) it would make any positive difference if it did

At this point I fail to see how any significant changes to this team could make it any worse. The Flyers are probably the worst run NHL team in the league that actually has real money.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
So am I expected to believe that

1) this has a real chance of happening

And

?

Because I dont.

I think there's reason to believe that Harris Blitzer Sports is considering an offer:

Don't think Adelman's GOIN ROGUE here, this meeting/IG post almost certainly has the blessing of HBSE. They aren't letting the Bones guy put that out into the world for clout.

He is the real estate billionaire that HBSE brought in specifically to pursue their new arena. Comcast would likely try to fight that new arena tooth and nail. I can already envision astroturfed opposition and lawsuits no matter where the Sixers try to drop. Buy Comcast out--no rent, no fight, and a more lucrative NHL team than the one they currently own.

No idea what they'd do with their stake in the Devils, or if Comcast would sell, or at what price.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
No idea what they'd do with their stake in the Devils, or if Comcast would sell, or at what price.
I could see Comcast not caring about the Flyers and trying to sell them.

Comcast is a corporation and they probably look at the Flyers as either an asset or risk with zero emotional attachment.

Reactions: Amorgus

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
So am I expected to believe that

1) this has a real chance of happening

And

?

Because I dont.
If nothing else, I’m 100% confident Kimmo and Foppa have more brain cells than the collective of advisors the flyers currently have.

I gladly take a brain trust of briere, timmonen and forsberg over Clarke, holmgren and barber.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If nothing else, I’m 100% confident Kimmo and Foppa have more brain cells than the collective of advisors the flyers currently have.

I gladly take a brain trust of briere, timmonen and forsberg over Clarke, holmgren and barber.
Unless there's someone I'm forgetting, I have never seen a single former player who understood the modern game. Every single one of them is brainwashed into thinking intangibles, toughness, grinding, and all that bullshit is actually vitally important.

Just look at Briere. Of all people - based on him as a player and what he dealt with because of that - he should understand what actually matters and what doesn't. But no, he's just another cement brain who thinks Flahr is great, Lappys done a good job, and Deslaurier is a vital player to have.

So no, I don't trust anyone in that picture to actually have a working brain and do anything positive. Being able to play at a high level and understand the game at a high level are not linked.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I think an ownership group that is significantly and personally invested in the team and the fanbase would be a monster improvement over Comcast.

Who knows what the percentages would be like, obviously Adelman/HBSE would have a larger stake than the old hockey players and the ol' housewife heartthrob. But having those guys have some long-term sway would probably be a step in the right direction for re-establishing stability and a higher standard. Forsberg is just a f***ing smart guy. Smart hockey player, smart businessguy, I'm most intrigued by his presence.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Unless there's someone I'm forgetting, I have never seen a single former player who understood the modern game. Every single one of them is brainwashed into thinking intangibles, toughness, grinding, and all that bullshit is actually vitally important.

Just look at Briere. Of all people - based on him as a player and what he dealt with because of that - he should understand what actually matters and what doesn't. But no, he's just another cement brain who thinks Flahr is great, Lappys done a good job, and Deslaurier is a vital player to have.

So no, I don't trust anyone in that picture to actually have a working brain and do anything positive. Being able to play at a high level and understand the game at a high level are not linked.

Sakic, Yzerman, Guerin, Kevyn Adams, MacLellan come to mind as current GMs that are former players that understand the modern game and how to build a modern winner. There are more than that. Don't confuse former Flyers from the 70's and 80's being dimwits with ALL former NHLers being dimwits lol. Also with regards to Forsberg and Timonen, they are from Sweden and Finland, who have also thought differently about the sport than Good ole' Canadian boys.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Apparently Angel was making about a quarter mil an episode for Bones, minus tax but times ~250 episodes that's nice money. Add in past salaries from other shows in syndication/streaming (Buffy, Angel, his new one) and it grows quite a bit, might make close to 8 figures in residual income annually. And then apparently in 2019 he and other costars/creators on Bones sued Fox for defrauding them of licensing fees and settled for $180 million—I'm guessing he took home a chunky chunk of that.

So that guy might have way more money than you'd expect at first blush. Almost 30 uninterrupted years on network/syndicated TV shows probably has him much richer than a lot of movie stars who do one blockbuster every 3-4 years.

Lotta f***ing 0's in that picture. And it features the co-owner of one NHL team expressing potential interest in buying another NHL team, which is a big deal. I'm surprised it hasn't made bigger waves, the more I think about it.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sakic, Yzerman, Guerin, Kevyn Adams, MacLellan come to mind as current GMs that are former players that understand the modern game and how to build a modern winner. There are more than that. Don't confuse former Flyers from the 70's and 80's being dimwits with ALL former NHLers being dimwits lol. Also with regards to Forsberg and Timonen, they are from Sweden and Finland, who have also thought differently about the sport than Good ole' Canadian boys.
I was thinking of former Flyers players. This org infects minds and brainwashes people.

If they identify with the org, they almost always also buy into the Broad Street Bullies worthless mentality.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad