Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Columbus has a very good chance at adding Fantilli/Bedard; I assume Jiricek is in the NHL next season (maybe Svozil pushes late); Werenski will return; super talented Kent Johnson could have a big 2nd year; they have nearly $15MM in cap space this summer (we'll see the cap in/out with Kev); they also likely have the Kings 1st to use any which way. Would it really be surprising if Gaudreau has a resurgent year with that talent, and Columbus is in the wild card race? Unlike the Flyers, they really have optionality and a way back on track quickly to utilize a 30 y.o. Gaudreau.

You know for a second I thought their situation wasn't that much better than the Flyers but now that you mention it good points.

Kevin Hayes at 50% off isn't bad value for them either. It's the 7 / 7 part that makes it so grating.

Reactions: Magua

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I like how he includes Andrae who averages like 4 seconds of pro ice time over in wherever he is (at least that's what I seem to remember) in his "U25 players/prospects at the pro level" lol

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

The worssssssst.

A good reminder that just because Therien was loudly yelling for Fletcher to be fired doesn't mean he's still not a doofus.

Ron Hextall and Paul Holmgren, who held hockey sticks, fired Berube. Deservedly. Does he even have a cogent point? Is his Fletcher vitriol rooted in him not playing high level hockey? Think that's a bingo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A good reminder that just because Therien was loudly yelling for Fletcher to be fired doesn't mean he's still not a moron.

Ron Hextall and Paul Holmgren, who held hockey sticks, fired Berube. Deservedly. Does he even have a point? Does his Fletcher vitriol simply amount to him not playing high level hockey? Think that's a bingo.
I’ll always look back fondly at the time where Therien was pissed as all hell about the organization and saying that they need to clear house and bring in someone to clean it up.

That someone being Bob Clarke. It was at that moment I knew to never take anything he says serious again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A good reminder that just because Therien was loudly yelling for Fletcher to be fired doesn't mean he's still not a doofus.

Ron Hextall and Paul Holmgren, who held hockey sticks, fired Berube. Deservedly. Does he even have a cogent point? Is his Fletcher vitriol rooted in him not playing high level hockey? Think that's a bingo.
He’s also best buds with Berube.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Columbus has a very good chance at adding Fantilli/Bedard; I assume Jiricek is in the NHL next season (maybe Svozil pushes late); Werenski will return; super talented Kent Johnson could have a big 2nd year; they have nearly $15MM in cap space this summer (we'll see the cap in/out with Kev); they also likely have the Kings 1st to use any which way. Would it really be surprising if Gaudreau has a resurgent year with that talent, and Columbus is in the wild card race? Unlike the Flyers, they really have optionality and a way back on track quickly to utilize a 30 y.o. Gaudreau.
What does a resurgent season look like for him? He's floated between 0.8 and 1.0 ppg over a season in 7 of his 9 seasons. And his monster year came in his contract year, which always makes me leery as there is a such a huge motivation factor that I think it skews that seasons a little.

Even with Bedard there I struggle to see him consistently playing up to last years (obviously) or 18/19s standard. Not that he is a bad player by any means but I'm fine with the Flyers not paying 9.75 for a 29 year old undersized winger who is super reliant on shiftiness and a quick first step to create separation. Especially since he would likely be at least 32 by the time the Flyers open up a real contention window.

All that signing would do in my opinion is hang them more firmly in no man's land.

It's the one place Fletchers incompetence I think helped the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad