Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I’ll say Matz imo is much better than Brodes who somehow managed to get more of a “real job”? Although Charlie really is the content guy on that pod. As is ASF on STG.

For any of these guys, it has to be hard as shit to cover this team currently. Especially if one is paid by the organization, or dependent on men from it for some leaks/content.

I do miss a time when the team was better, people would disagree - but there is a lot of anger toward really anything associated with the Flyers currently.

A lot of it justified.
I like brodes from time to time. But i hate his hockey takes. Its bizzare cause he had played hockey himself. But if i dig deeper its not bizarre because hockey minds are mostly.wrong about their own Sport!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That's the irony of a disgruntled fan base. Most guys on here are so angry they can't really engage anymore. It's a bit like political news and Fletcher is the opposite party. I'm the resident caveman poor @Ghost Bear just wants to be a fan and @deadhead can write an essay on why things aren't as bad as they seem but he'll get accused of being on the payroll himself. I think we're doomed to hang out in the septic tank until the team crawls out of the sewer
We can’t engage with them because over the years they’ve shown that their takes aren’t genuine.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They’re both our enemy.

34C66ED6-E98C-464A-A245-C76853599867.jpeg

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
You don’t think anyone is critical of the organization? I am not a beat writer, never have been. I am a content creator for the team and for my own content. Perhaps the people you speak of are not as terse or sharp as some on here, but you also do have to maintain a level of professionalism as a credentialed media member. I have questioned and been critical of some signings (Deslaurier in particular recently), performance and other elements. Yeah I was in favor of the Torts hire and he was one of the first names I mentioned when AV was fired. My first choice became Trotz, but I did value Torts.
But that's alot different than ballwashing their every move like the rest of the clowns do, that's literally all they do is worship the ground this horrendous management walks on, they do no wrong, it's all the players, torts is God, and chuckles is just the unluckiest guy in the world

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
What an absolute f***ing moron.

Yes

His twitter bio: “Advanced stats are a hoax.”

This genius among men thinks Konecny sucks, Allison is a god, Hagg was “actually good” and Sanheim is very bad. Also, Frost is a bust and anyone who thinks otherwise is a maroon of the highest order. He told me years ago that Lappy’s PK that just let team’s destroy them passively was good and the right way to go about penalty killing. The list is soooo long lol

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
You can disagree with “shit” takes all you want. That is your right. You have your opinions which I guess are resoundingly correct. Congrats on that. You must be very proud. As far as my opinions, some I have been dead ass on about. Others have been proven to be flawed. It happens. I also tend to talk to quite a few people that work in league and some whose opinions I value a great deal. You clearly have an issue with me and how I do my job and earn a living and that’s cool. Keep doing you and I will keep doing me. You probably won’t like it, but I can’t please everyone. I have no problem with people criticizing me. Comes with the turf. Have a good night. I have to work now. Cheers.
Some of those people have clearly let the game pass them by haven't they? I mean you don't need to trade for "nasty" or "sandpaper element" that's foolish, and if you still believe risto was a good add then the game has passed you by as well

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What a thread !!! Did someone take up Myrt on his offer , I’m scared Ghosty and Deady will be the two to join him.
We’ll take him up on it when he actually engages us on our turf first.

There’s no money to be made by having the discussion on here like there is on his podcasts so neither is benefiting when the discussion is held on here and that’s the most fair way.

@Magua posted something that was more than fair and it was glossed over.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

There’s no money to be made by having the discussion on here like there is on his podcasts so neither is benefiting when the discussion is held on here and that’s the most fair way.

I don’t see how giving him free content for his show is beneficial to anyone here.

And, most importantly, I should not be representing this forum. :laugh:

Myrtman

May 8, 2016

You think as an employee of the team I can publicly answer the questions Magua posted? Ok. Believe that if you choose.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You think as an employee of the team I can publicly answer the questions Magua posted? Ok. Believe that if you choose.
So why should we bother having a discussion with you? You’re a paid shill and that’s ok if you admit it. Go get that bag.

With that said, you can’t come in here and pretend that you’re unbiased about ANYTHING when it comes to hockey and the Flyers then.

Myrtman

May 8, 2016

I try and engage on here but I kind of suck at making a point in a typed manner and am a much better conversationalist. Not to mention intent and tone are totally lost. I invited Striker to
Come on. He declined. I wish he would have come on and we could discuss the issues, but I respect him declining the offer.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I try and engage on here but I kind of suck at making a point in a typed manner and am a much better conversationalist. Not to mention intent and tone are totally lost. I invited Striker to
Come on. He declined. I wish he would have come on and we could discuss the issues, but I respect him declining the offer.
Try it a little bit and I’m sure that you’ll get some other willing participants from the board.

Just as you aren’t the best at these discussions in a typed manner if someone from here is going to step into the vocal conversation realm it will be something that we’re not as comfortable with. It’s give and take.

Your podcast is something that you benefit from financially so one of us jumping into your realm is giving you free content while we haven’t really been engaged with, why would we?

Myrtman

May 8, 2016
So why should we bother having a discussion with you? You’re a paid shill and that’s ok if you admit it. Go get that bag.

With that said, you can’t come in here and pretend that you’re unbiased about ANYTHING when it comes to hockey and the Flyers then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad