Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What's Charlie going to say if it all comes crashing down...be it this year and missing the playoffs or next year. Playing hard every night is great and what they are supposed to do..but lack of high end talent will be their downfall
Tk is the guy that you move to convince me we're really rebuilding. Get the kids a taste and sell high in the off season.
Watching the depth players of tomorrow suck at full speed has been the most entertaining flyers hockey in years but next year shouldn't be close enough to overachieve to this level

Reactions: trostol

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Tk is the guy that you move to convince me we're really rebuilding. Get the kids a taste and sell high in the off season.
Watching the depth players of tomorrow suck at full speed has been the most entertaining flyers hockey in years but next year shouldn't be close enough to overachieve to this level
They ain't trading TK unless he wants out.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I usually enjoy Charlie's work (even with an opinion that's usually different than mine) but this article is something else.

I have a higher tolerance level than many here of Charlie O's columns but that was absolute propaganda drivel.

What's Charlie going to say if it all comes crashing down...be it this year and missing the playoffs or next year. Playing hard every night is great and what they are supposed to do..but lack of high end talent will be their downfall
"To all of the die-hard doubters and haters: you must be happy now."

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Remind me, please, who coaches the power play?
giphy.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Ryan Johansen had 24 PPP as recently as 2021-22…

Remind me, please, who coaches the power play?

You just don’t understand what they’re doing because you’ve never been in a locker room. If there are 6 people in the ice for a PP, at most 3 of them get a Point. How do you think this makes the rest feel? This isn’t about chasing XBox stats. They’re building a PP culture.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
They ain't trading TK unless he wants out.
So I'll drink the Kool aid. How do you make this playoff team into a contender ? An aging pesce on defense ? There's squat in available centers . So you have tk looking at a 9 million dollar deal and still no chance at a cup.
I like konecny but he's not enough to get us where we want to go and moving him is our best shot at getting those things

Reactions: BernieParent

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Holy SHIT. They almost beat a dynasty in the Finals and were a contender for something like 14 out of 15 years in that stretch. :laugh:
You're saying this current team barely clinging to a wildcard spot isn't as good as the Lindros years' team? Hater, why do you even cheer for the Flyers.

Any talk of TK being traded I feel is moot at this point..think they have an extension already prepared and agreed on
Oh 0% chance they trade TK at this point, they have locked in their core, and Bonk and Michkov are the players who will push us over the top.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I've been saying trade TK since last year. He's clearly their most valuable asset, but yea, I'd be shocked if they do at this point. And I will say, there is at least a chance he's still fits the timeline. Laughton and Hart (out of their control tbf) were the two I wanted out most.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So I'll drink the Kool aid. How do you make this playoff team into a contender ? An aging pesce on defense ? There's squat in available centers . So you have tk looking at a 9 million dollar deal and still no chance at a cup.
I like konecny but he's not enough to get us where we want to go and moving him is our best shot at getting those things
Oh, what I'd do is very different than what the Flyers will do. I also think there's at least a reasonable argument to be made for keeping TK.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I've been saying trade TK since last year. He's clearly their most valuable asset, but yea, I'd be shocked if they do at this point. And I will say, there is at least a chance he's still fits the timeline. Laughton and Hart (out of their control tbf) were the two I wanted out most.
Bro TK would have been out by Thanksgiving of 2022 if it was me.

Choo choo. It's the tank train

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
He isn't saying won't trade trade TK because it's the wrong move. He's reminding you that you cheer for the Flyers and they won't trade somebody like TK because that would be a step backwards in your mind.

There isn't a path forward that turns this team into contenders without trading somebody like TK, but it's doubtful it happens. They can't even allow themselves to trade Laughton.

Reactions: BernieParent

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He isn't saying won't trade trade TK because it's the wrong move. He's reminding you that you cheer for the Flyers and they won't trade somebody like TK because that would be a step backwards in your mind.

There isn't a path forward that turns this team into contenders without trading somebody like TK, but it's doubtful it happens. They can't even allow themselves to trade Laughton.
That's where this board reflects the organization. Not rebuilding isn't about not moving lLaughton its about not moving konecny .

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Konecny is one of the few big pieces of trade ammo that could be traded for a piece of significance in the offseason to most any team in the league, and not just at the TDL when GMs are making goo-goo eyes at depth and veteranness. He is also in his prime and could be a top-line player for the Flyers for many years. It's a tough choice and I would only trade him for a player with honest to goodness 1C/1D potential or a top-10 pick.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Konecny is one of the few big pieces of trade ammo that could be traded for a piece of significance in the offseason to most any team in the league, and not just at the TDL when GMs are making goo-goo eyes at depth and veteranness. He is also in his prime and could be a top-line player for the Flyers for many years. It's a tough choice and I would only trade him for a player with honest to goodness 1C/1D potential or a top-10 pick.

The thing is trading Konecny, by itself, does not mean the rebuild is full steam ahead. They'd get a 1st + B asset, with 1 year remaining? Like the Fiala or Horvat trades (funnily, neither Minnesota nor Vancouver were actually rebuilding). It would need to be part of a larger series of moves. They're not getting a 1C/1D prospect, probably not a top 10 pick, barring overshooting projections.

I think if they traded Konecny, they'd be no closer to where they need to be long-term because they lack the vision ("it's not a fire sale") So, they might as well keep him because he does provide entertainment. That's the optimistic pessimist in me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad