Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Konecny is one of the few big pieces of trade ammo that could be traded for a piece of significance in the offseason to most any team in the league, and not just at the TDL when GMs are making goo-goo eyes at depth and veteranness. He is also in his prime and could be a top-line player for the Flyers for many years. It's a tough choice and I would only trade him for a player with honest to goodness 1C/1D potential or a top-10 pick.

I’ve flipped hard on whether to trade him. Keep the guy, and even overpay if you have to.

This bullshit half ass retool isn’t finding enough elite talent through picking in the middle of the first round.

They are better off using those picks to add to this roster, instead of more guys like Foerster, or Bonk.

It’s not going to work, but it’s at least a quicker approach than wasting time for like next 5 years only to be “shocked” that they are lacking in talent through what wasn’t ever a rebuild.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve flipped hard on whether to trade him. Keep the guy, and even overpay if you have to.

This bullshit half ass retool isn’t finding enough elite talent through picking in the middle of the first round.

They are better off using those picks to add to this roster, instead of more guys like Foerster, or Bonk.

It’s not going to work, but it’s at least a quicker approach than wasting time for like next 5 years only to be “shocked” that they are lacking in talent through what wasn’t ever a rebuild.
If you sign him, and this plan doesn’t work, presumably with a rising cap, he should still be moveable. He’ll hold as a 1st-plus value as long as he produces at least as a second line rate. There will be new teams in the game as well.

Reactions: bleachdrinker

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
If you sign him, and this plan doesn’t work, presumably with a rising cap, he should still be moveable. He’ll hold as a 1st-plus value as long as he produces at least as a second line rate. There will be new teams in the game as well.

If the plan was to build a proper contender with high end picks, moving Konecny makes sense.

I don’t see how it does with this nonsense approach. He’s not a superstar in the league, and I’m not as much of a fan as others as I question his ability to keep this up once he’s a sole target for a opposing playoff team.

Either way, they aren’t finding his talent level picking where they are so happy to land, in no man’s land of that first round.

I’d move those first rounders in a heartbeat. Or is the thought they are finding a younger Couturier, and Konecny picking 15th?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The thing is trading Konecny, by itself, does not mean the rebuild is full steam ahead. They'd get a 1st + B asset, with 1 year remaining? Like the Fiala or Horvat trades (funnily, neither Minnesota nor Vancouver were actually rebuilding). It would need to be part of a larger series of moves. They're not getting a 1C/1D prospect, probably not a top 10 pick, barring overshooting projections.

I think if they traded Konecny, they'd be no closer to where they need to be long-term because they lack the vision ("it's not a fire sale") So, they might as well keep him because he does provide entertainment. That's the optimistic pessimist in me.
That may be so but moving Konecny would be the single most pro-rebuild move they could make because he fits both the hockey and Flyers archetypes. But if we are removing my criteria for an acceptable return, then I'll join the welcome wagon to big-contract TK.

Reactions: Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Talking about York:

tumblr_o183eg7Okh1tjydheo3_500.gif

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I don't understand what your are trying to say, you'll need to reword this for me to get your point.
if i get his gist..that TK is the bigger fish that could get you more than Laughton could

that moving TK moves the needle more than Laughton...

or I could be wrong lol

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I don't understand what your are trying to say, you'll need to reword this for me to get your point.
We have a tendency to become infatuated with depth players . Countless mentions of not moving Laughton being a disappointment very few of tk. The return on a top six forward being significantly more important to a rebuilding team . I like Laughton for all the hockey guy reasons but teams are hoping to get a better player with a late first and his value won't drop that far we can't recoup. Konecny on the other hand probably droped a whole Laughton in value between the tdl and the draft simply for the length of their deals.
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy next deadline when the choice is settle for a late first and a b prospect or resign a 30 goal scorer and hop to build under him instead of aknowledging our top 6 is the problem and trying to push tippet etc down the lineup

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023
I think the thing with trading TK is can you get the deal to look more like the Carter trade from 12 years ago. top 10 pick, young player with potential.
question is who is that trade partner? Ott? Buf? and how willing would they be?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
We have a tendency to become infatuated with depth players . Countless mentions of not moving Laughton being a disappointment very few of tk. The return on a top six forward being significantly more important to a rebuilding team . I like Laughton for all the hockey guy reasons but teams are hoping to get a better player with a late first and his value won't drop that far we can't recoup. Konecny on the other hand probably droped a whole Laughton in value between the tdl and the draft simply for the length of their deals.
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy next deadline when the choice is settle for a late first and a b prospect or resign a 30 goal scorer and hop to build under him instead of aknowledging our top 6 is the problem and trying to push tippet etc down the lineup
I'm pretty confident that the majority of the board agrees with the idea that you need to find real elite talent so you can push players like TK, Tippett, Farabee etc down the depthchart. They don't think the rebuild is going to be completed by trading the Laughtons of the world.

They also support the idea of trading players like TK, Hart (not now obviously), or any of the other high value assets to jump start the rebuild.

Laughton gets talked about a lot because he is low hanging fruit, it should be easy to move on from a player like him. There would be lots of potential suitors, he can be moved either in the off season or at the trade deadline. He has been talked about a lot recently because it should be a no-brainer to have traded him this TDL.

That's where this board reflects the organization. Not rebuilding isn't about not moving lLaughton its about not moving konecny .

As far as this, I don't see that the board thinks like the organization, I think the average poster here wants things torn down to the studs. They have just accepted that isn't going to happen and making one splash trade (TK) won't be enough to spark a real rebuild either, it would just be Brayden Schenn pt 2.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Laughton gets talked about a lot because he is low hanging fruit, it should be easy to move on from a player like him. There would be lots of potential suitors, he can be moved either in the off season or at the trade deadline. He has been talked about a lot recently because it should be a no-brainer to have traded him this TDL.
This right here is why Laughton gets attention. Trading Laughton doesn't necessarily show that they're rebuilding. However, NOT trading him indicates that they aren't.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Auto-merge sucks. I was just about to post a great post but it disappeared right when I was about to post it.

Shbejrodpwneilpkb

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The amount of hate and vitriol Frost gets on social media from many of the team’s fans is wild to me. I’m all for criticizing a shit player, but that realllllly doesn’t apply here. I’m dumbfounded. He’s a genuinely good forward defensively (reads, gaps, pattern recognition, etc.), is great in transition, and can make high skilled plays.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The amount of hate and vitriol Frost gets on social media from many of the team’s fans is wild to me. I’m all for criticizing a shit player, but that realllllly doesn’t apply here. I’m dumbfounded. He’s a genuinely good forward defensively (reads, gaps, pattern recognition, etc.), is great in transition, and can make high skilled plays.
That's because they bought into the bad pr spin on him

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The production split cases are weird because besides making a relatively small sample even smaller, you are basically giving other guys a free pass for not producing against weaker competition.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad