Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The production split cases are weird because besides making a relatively small sample even smaller, you are basically giving other guys a free pass for not producing against weaker competition.

I don’t recall production splits via quality of competition being a talking point for really any other Flyers forward in recent memory. Recent, as in the past decade or so. Maybe longer? It’s a reductive exercise that is meaningless.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Ah, that tracks! The TV broadcasters definitely aren’t fans of his. JJ in particular.
He was the main piece in the Schenn trade, and when drafted was putting up 100+ point seasons in the Soo. I think people thought he would walk in here and instantly be a 60-70pts centre.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don’t recall production splits via quality of competition being a talking point for really any other Flyers forward in recent memory. Recent, as in the past decade or so. Maybe longer? It’s a reductive exercise that is meaningless.
Excuse my laziness for not looking it up but the mattress-like "Do not remove under penalty of Torts" label was stuck to Frost after he put up 2 4-point games against Arizona last season and then went quiet, no?

Edit: I unlazied myself.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Bill straight up top kool-aid drinker

They don’t have a single elite player. I don’t understand how you can watch this team, as currently constructed, and think: this is a very good team and the “rebuild” is moving along nicely and ahead of schedule. Last I checked, the only team in the last 20 years who won a cup without elite talent was the Blues and Hurricanes. 10% of the last 20 Cup winners lol. It’s not a formula for success to just have depth pieces. TK is a very good player but an elite talent he is not. Otherwise, this team is bereft of the talent needed to win a Cup and they seemingly have no intention of going the route needed to acquire it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The other side of the optimism coin is that this season has all the makings of an outlier, with several teams either finally hitting the age wall (Penguins and, to a lesser extent, Washington) or seriously underperforming (NJ, Tampa Bay all season; Carolina, Toronto, Edmonton early on). The Flyers did some very good things to get out to a plus start but who had Vancouver leading the league well into the season?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The other side of the optimism coin is that this season has all the makings of an outlier, with several teams either finally hitting the age wall (Penguins and, to a lesser extent, Washington) or seriously underperforming (NJ, Tampa Bay all season; Carolina, Toronto, Edmonton early on). The Flyers did some very good things to get out to a plus start but who had Vancouver leading the league well into the season?
Winnipeg was supposed to be in a retool as well

Reactions: BernieParent

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
They don’t have a single elite player. I don’t understand how you can watch this team, as currently constructed, and think: this is a very good team and the “rebuild” is moving along nicely and ahead of schedule. Last I checked, the only team in the last 20 years who won a cup without elite talent was the Blues and Hurricanes. 10% of the last 20 Cup winners lol. It’s not a formula for success to just have depth pieces. TK is a very good player but an elite talent he is not. Otherwise, this team is bereft of the talent needed to win a Cup and they seemingly have no intention of going the route needed to acquire it.
**I agree with the overall opinion - they need more skill, so this is just a nuanced discussion.**

I guess it depends on what your definition of elite talent is, but I firmly believe that TK is an elite winger. His tracking data is below - according to all three zones tracking, he's in the 95th (or better) percentile for shots, shot assists, primary contributions, chance contributions, chance assists, high danger assists, one-timer assists, cycle & forecheck offense, rush offense, entries with chances, and controlled entries with chances.

He's also 26th of 354 forwards (500m) in ES xGAR Offense, and 29th of 354 in ES GAR offense.

Again, I'm not saying this to be divisive, but I don't know if TK gets enough credit for how good of a player his is. I've been saying this since last year, but with a legitimate 1C, not even an elite 1C, someone like Eriksson Ek, he's a 90 point player IMO.

What does he look like in TOR instead of Marner, for example? I'm not saying he's as good as Marner, but it's pretty clear that Marner and Matthews benefit from playing with each other. It would be nice to see prime TK with a real 1C.

1710508698738.png

Last edited:

TB87

May 30, 2018
**I agree with the overall opinion - they need more skill, so this is just a nuanced discussion.**

I guess it depends on what your definition of elite talent is, but I firmly believe that TK is an elite winger. His tracking data is below - according to all three zones tracking, he's in the 95th (or better) percentile for shots, shot assists, primary contributions, chance contributions, chance assists, high danger assists, one-timer assists, cycle & forecheck offense, rush offense, entries with chances, and controlled entries with chances.

He's also 26th of 354 forwards (500m) in ES xGAR Offense, and 29th of 354 in ES GAR offense.

Again, I'm not saying this to be decisive, but I don't know if TK gets enough credit for how good of a player his is. I've been saying this since last year, but with a legitimate 1C, not even an elite 1C, someone like Eriksson Ek, he's a 90 point player IMO.

What does he look like in TOR instead of Marner, for example? I'm not saying he's as good as Marner, but it's pretty clear that Marner and Matthews benefit from playing with each other. It would be nice to see prime TK with a real 1C.

View attachment 836418

I appreciate this post. I haven’t followed Corey’s tracking data for awhile. Really impressive work from TK here.

I badly want the Flyers to win the Cup but I’m just not seeing a viable path towards them achieving this goal anytime soon. The front office seems to be patting themselves on the back for not having a terrible season. They need more talent. Everywhere. It’s hard to get excited about them and the future of the team and though since they seemingly think they can win a Cup with lots of depth. It’s so frustrating to see them doing the same shit over and over again and expecting a different result.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I appreciate this post. I haven’t followed Corey’s tracking data for awhile. Really impressive work from TK here.

I badly want the Flyers to win the Cup but I’m just not seeing a viable path towards them achieving this goal anytime soon. The front office seems to be patting themselves on the back for not having a terrible season. They need more talent. Everywhere. It’s hard to get excited about them and the future of the team and though since they seemingly think they can win a Cup with lots of depth. It’s so frustrating to see them doing the same shit over and over again and expecting a different result.
Yeah - you won't see me disagree there. They are IMO the following away:

1C
1W (probably Michkov)
1D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad