Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It was fixed when they added AV then it was fixed when they traded for Braun and Niskanen then it was fixed when they got rid of Ghost and Voracek then it was fixed when they added Yandle then it was fixed when they removed Giroux then it was fixed when they added Torts then it was fixed when they removed Hayes and Provorov then it was fixed when they
....added Johnson!!!

Reactions: Striiker

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I actually went and really listened to The National -- a couple albums and a smattering of songs -- the last time we brought this up in the fall......and they grew on me. :laugh:
My SO likes them a bit, so I've heard the same 5 or 6 songs over and over again. They're aggressively fine; undoubtedly talented musicians but quite frankly more than a bit boring. Fake Empire, I Need My Girl, and Mistaken For Strangers are all mildly interesting and listenable enough, but the most recent track I've heard from them made me want to punch someone in the face.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My SO likes them a bit, so I've heard the same 5 or 6 songs over and over again. They're aggressively fine; undoubtedly talented musicians but quite frankly more than a bit boring. Fake Empire, I Need My Girl, and Mistaken For Strangers are all mildly interesting and listenable enough, but the most recent track I've heard from them made me want to punch someone in the face.

Aggressively fine seems a good way to put it. So does liking them "a bit." I don't feel compelled to listen to more than I've heard, but I just can't really shit on Chaz for this one now. :laugh:

"Mistaken for Strangers," "Don't Swallow the Cap," "The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness," "Fake Empire" are probably my favorites I've heard. My musical tastes aren't a mystery here, but I prefer more movement -- musically, vocally -- in my songs (not surprising those probably come the closest?).

imagine having anything in common with Charlie O'Connor.

disgusting

Davis Bertans not smiling on the inside:

i_d8_bd_fe_davis-bertans.png

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Aggressively fine seems a good way to put it. So does liking them "a bit." I don't feel compelled to listen to more than I've heard, but I just can't really shit on Chaz for this one now. :laugh:

"Mistaken for Strangers," "Don't Swallow the Cap," "The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness," "Fake Empire" are probably my favorites I've heard. My musical tastes aren't a mystery here, but I prefer more movement -- musically, vocally -- in my songs (not surprising those probably come the closest?).

Davis Bertans not smiling on the inside:

i_d8_bd_fe_davis-bertans.png
Didn't the national write The District Sleeps Alone? Birdy covered that back in the day. Good shit

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
You disagree with Hilferty’s response regarding Torts?
Just the need to come out openly and say it, is embarrassing. Then he has to throw the whole "NeW eRa Of OrAnGe!!!!" bullshit in there. It's a whole new era of the same shit. Nothing has changed no matter how hard they try to say it has. The franchise just continues to miss the mark every chance they get

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I actually went and really listened to The National -- a couple albums and a smattering of songs -- the last time we brought this up in the fall......and they grew on me. :laugh:

Oh dear. It’s contagious. We’re 3 weeks out from you having a top 10 albums with black and white hand-drawn covers recorded in the forests of the Rust Belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad