Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not that he’s paying the fine, he should, it’s that he’s being a try-hard making people like him because it’s what Ed Snider would’ve done.

It’s the right thing to do, so just do it. If you’re telling everyone and getting your hired gun to do it, then you just want applause. Ed would’ve made it known, but at least it would be, I think, with assembled media, and less prepared.

Stop trying to be Ed Snider, just be Dan Hilferty.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It’s not that he’s paying the fine, he should, it’s that he’s being a try-hard making people like him because it’s what Ed Snider would’ve done.

It’s the right thing to do, so just do it. If you’re telling everyone and getting your hired gun to do it, then you just want applause. Ed would’ve made it known, but at least it would be, I think, with assembled media, and less prepared.

Stop trying to be Ed Snider, just be Dan Hilferty.
Sounds like you’re projecting & trying to seek out reasons to complain about a positive.

Sure, it’s something Ed Snider would do. That means Hilferty isn’t allowed to think the same way or he’s being disingenuous?

You telling me you haven’t learned from people you admire, & if you follow things they’ve done that you like you are being a disingenuous “try-hard”?

Maybe you can start an anti-mentorship movement.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Snider is the source reason the team is a pathetic joke right now so maybe he’s not the best example of how people should run a team.

If he actually wanted to win, instead of just making the franchise a retirement home for the BSBs, he never allows dipshits like Clarke anywhere near a management or advisor position. That’s how you end up with Fletcher, which is how you end up with the current disaster that has no future.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like you’re projecting & trying to seek out reasons to complain about a positive.

Sure, it’s something Ed Snider would do. That means Hilferty isn’t allowed to think the same way or he’s being disingenuous?

You telling me you haven’t learned from people you admire, & if you follow things they’ve done that you like you are being a disingenuous “try-hard”?

Maybe you can start an anti-mentorship movement.
Why is it positive? Torts got himself kicked out of the most important game of the season.

I already said why it’s disingenuous. The people who do the right thing for the right reasons don’t seek out acclaim and approval. If they find out later that’s fine, but people want to eat it up because they wait the fairytale to be true.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
"No one is bigger than the team!!!!!" sounds like a cool way to paint yourself caring...
Until you paint yourself bigger than the game, and bigger than the rules of that game, and bigger than the ones who are here to guard the rules of said game.
"I'm going to cover his expenses for acting like he is bigger than the game" is just a cherry on top of a "not really new era" cake.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I have a hard time getting annoyed at harmless gestures like the one from Hilferty. Same with them reverting back to the double center ice logo.

Outside of niche contrarian hockey forums, normal parts of the fanbase eat this kind of stuff up. Why shouldn't the team throw red meat at the fans that they'll love and hurts no one?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a hard time getting annoyed at harmless gestures like the one from Hilferty. Same with them reverting back to the double center ice logo.

Outside of niche contrarian hockey forums, normal parts of the fanbase eat this kind of stuff up. Why shouldn't the team throw red meat at the fans that they'll love and hurts no one?
They can, and do, doesn’t mean we don’t see through it.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Why is it positive? Torts got himself kicked out of the most important game of the season.

I already said why it’s disingenuous. The people who do the right thing for the right reasons don’t seek out acclaim and approval. If they find out later that’s fine, but people want to eat it up because they wait the fairytale to be true.
Have you ever had mentors?

Have you ever had idols?

Did you perhaps have a father who instilled things on you?

Have you adopted some of the things that they do that you admire?

Apparently, according to yourself, you’re a disingenuous “try-hard” if you have.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I'm not sure what you think you're seeing through. I don't think he's trying to obfuscate what he's doing at all.
For some reason respecting & trying to bring back the Ed Snider mentality is a bad thing?

I guess it is for many on this board. But it’s valued by the majority of the fanbase.

Reactions: Redpath

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I'm not sure what you think you're seeing through. I don't think he's trying to obfuscate what he's doing at all.
i'd rather he called out a clown for being a clown..but not quite in those terms...you can both have someone's back and not be happy with their antics

Reactions: Amorgus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have you ever had mentors?

Have you ever had idols?

Did you perhaps have a father who instilled things on you?

Have you adopted some of the things that they do that you admire?

Apparently, according to yourself, you’re a disingenuous “try-hard” if you have.
A career high-level corporate health insurance executive is exactly what I think of when I think of a father, mentor, or idol.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
For some reason respecting & trying to bring back the Ed Snider mentality is a bad thing?

I guess it is for many on this board. But it’s valued by the majority of the fanbase.
lol you know..i hate this song but ..you pretty much gave me the idea of what song fits this organization perfectly

Reactions: Tripod

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

I’d hardly even call it Snider mentality, in the event that stirs debate over the merits of Snider’s tenure. (I know it’s something Snider did in the past though)

It’s a harmless gesture to pay the fine, have the Chairman give a little FU to the league, and let it be a little fun PR for the fans to eat up.

pooch

May 30, 2017

I’m as critical as the next guy of this team’s management team….well maybe not as critical as the next guy here….but this whole story to me is a complete non-story. Who gives a shit…unless someone is just looking for the next thing to be angry about. I like to evaluate things that matter and this isn’t one of them.

Reactions: Redpath

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
I feel like this whole event is just being used by Flyers media to shift focus away from the 7-0 @SS-kicking they received right after the trade deadline in a, "let's see how playoff ready this team is" type game.
It was embarrassing and further shows how much further this team needs to go until they are to be taken seriously as a playoff team.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
It was fixed when they added AV then it was fixed when they traded for Braun and Niskanen then it was fixed when they got rid of Ghost and Voracek then it was fixed when they added Yandle then it was fixed when they removed Giroux then it was fixed when they added Torts then it was fixed when they removed Hayes and Provorov then it was fixed when they
For real, you not making this shit up, unfortunately

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad