Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know you’re going to kill me for this, but there’s a difference between buying something as a person who will wear a coat for decades and one who likes to get new things.

I loathe having to get more stuff, so I spend more upfront on quality of materials to make sure it lasts. I have no need to ever buy another leather jacket or briefcase as long as I live for example. My taste will not change. I’m not trying to be timely with fashion. And good leather only looks better with age if you take care of it.

That’s my general philosophy as well with buying things. If it’s a good product I don’t mind paying some money for it & I can reason it for same reasons that I’m not a keeping up with the Jones’ type of person. I’m gonna stretch the life span out of the product & get my values out of it so I’ll pay for the better product even if it’s the more costlier option knowing that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know you’re going to kill me for this, but there’s a difference between buying something as a person who will wear a coat for decades and one who likes to get new things.

I loathe having to get more stuff, so I spend more upfront on quality of materials to make sure it lasts. I have no need to ever buy another leather jacket or briefcase as long as I live for example. My taste will not change. I’m not trying to be timely with fashion. And good leather only looks better with age if you take care of it.

(I completely agree. Buying for longevity/quality is always the way to go, so long as you take care of your things. I was just being a prick)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It’s a nice looking jacket. If someone wants to spend $850 on it, hey, it’s not my money. Go for it. I’m sure you’ll get compliments.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021

Totally with you. My tools that I need to last with me for a long time, I spend good money for top quality. My clothes that I beat the hell out of (for work or other) I spend money, when necessary, for stuff that will last. Big money for fashionable stuff is something I've never been able to wrap my brain around.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Maybe it wasn’t a smart play to trade for a guy that’s as brittle as a couple of pigeon eggs.

Thank goodness for Bob Murray’s advice though.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Charlie bitching about how negative Flyer fans are on twitter is funny when he lost his mind earlier this season when people pointed out that the 4th line wasn't actually good.
Its annoying. This team has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. All these reports could be DB being smart and using the media to drive up trade value...but it could also be the flyers being the flyers and making the same mistakes again. Its not irrational to expect the same and be upset about it.

I also hate when these writers say "these are just "rumors" theyll actually make trades and when they dont they defend the team anyway.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Only Charlie is allowed to say anything critical about anything.
Not just that but he bounces back and forth between “Don’t you dare use advanced statistics” and “Here’s some advanced statistics that prove me right” daily.

I specifically remember a meltdown about @AdamParrot using stats to criticize the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad