Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Call me cynical but I don't believe in coincidences. It's no secret toews and kane are both emotionally upset with the Hawks organization, look at everything that has transpired since there last cup win and it's all negative.

Look at the timing of these articles that suddenly get floated out regarding some hip injury kane has? Is kane and his agent intentionally trying to hurt chicago chances of getting a huge haul for kane ?

And regarding their decisions to get traded , I mean they've both had more than ample time to work through and make that choice. Why all of a sudden with just a mere few weeks away there still saying we haven't decided yet 🙃. If you buy into that story , knowing that both have had ample time and space to decide 2 more weeks isn't going to magically finalize there decisions.

Not only will they both leave but they made sure that chicago ends up with a less than desirable return.
Nope, makes zero sense. Kane has a NMC. If he wants the hawks to get nothing they will get nothing. He doesn’t need to create a conspiracy

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Because it doesn't, that team is a tire fire
He has a toddler at home. His girls family is from Chicago. His mom has been in Chicago for quite a while (since the baby was born?). His dad is retired but still has business interests in Buffalo so he commutes back and forth. (Always by car, he hates to fly)
Not everyone’s life is 100% about hockey.

I expect him to pick a place for the playoffs because the guy loves to play but him staying put is not out of the question.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He has a toddler at home. His girls family is from Chicago. His mom has been in Chicago for quite a while (since the baby was born?). His dad is retired but still has business interests in Buffalo so he commutes back and forth. (Always by car, he hates to fly)
Not everyone’s life is 100% about hockey.

I expect him to pick a place for the playoffs because the guy loves to play but him staying put is not out of the question.

Ideal scenario is Kane is traded getting Hawks assets and him another run at cup and then he comes back home to Chicago taking the C going forward and finishing his career a Hawk

Reactions: Space umpire

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Nope, makes zero sense. Kane has a NMC. If he wants the hawks to get nothing they will get nothing. He doesn’t need to create a conspiracy
You don't find it odd that kanes medical condition just happened to get put out into the news close to the tdl? There's only 2 people who would know besides kane his agent and the Hawks. Who stands to benefit or muddy the trade waters ? Not chicago. Kanes nmc means nothing if your already checked out and have a select list to pick from.

If you don't think forv1 second that teams and agents use certain reporters to drop information to then you probably not looking at how sports or many other businesses and institutions use a gullible press to do there bidding.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Ideal scenario is Kane is traded getting Hawks assets and him another run at cup and then he comes back home to Chicago taking the C going forward and finishing his career a Hawk
That's wishful thinking. Kane and Toews are both finished here in Chicago. It makes zero sense for either of them to go to a contender possibly win a cup or make a good run to then resign with this dumpster fire 🔥. Why not resign with those teams ?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Getzlaf also did the same thing last year.

Especially once guys get older, what they value most tends to change.
Toews and kane won't see a huge salary therefore both still can play and want to win so why come back to Chicago to play on a team that is awful they won't get paid heavily by Chicago to resign.
Just my opinion but I'd rather win then lose for a few dollars more

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Toews and kane won't see a huge salary therefore both still can play and want to win so why come back to Chicago to play on a team that is awful they won't get paid heavily by Chicago to resign.
I mostly agree with you but I can also see Kane getting at or near 10 mill in Chicago. They will have tons of cap, and his whole family pretty much lives there now.
Realistically how much $$ is he getting anywhere else?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And your opinion literally doesn't matter at all to Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews. How is that so hard to understand.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I mostly agree with you but I can also see Kane getting at or near 10 mill in Chicago. They will have tons of cap, and his whole family pretty much lives there now.
Realistically how much $$ is he getting anywhere else?
Kyle isn't about to give kane 10 million no matter how much cap space chicago has there going through a full rebuild so having cap space especially with so many teams at or up above the cap Kyle needs that for picks prospects and bad contacts.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Might be wishful thinking but I see Toews getting traded to the Jets, then re-signing and finishing his career in Winnipeg

Reactions: Jets 31

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
I think most of us thought he'd end up with the Rangers but with them Getting Tarasenko that's probably not going to happen.

So where do you see as the next likely option? I'm going to say Dallas
I think Islanders with Bailey coming back for cap purposes Walstrom, Dufour and a 2 nd.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
And your opinion literally doesn't matter at all to Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews. How is that so hard to understand.
Let me guess you have a crystal ball or better yet your friend of a friend who knows a friend who's friends with a old high-school friend of Patrick kane told you what he will do 😂😂😂please . There both past There prime , but still in a window to win and the amount of money from what a winning team will offer and chicago is peanuts.
News Flash Chicago is rebuilding and not looking to commit huge salaries no matter who that player is especially 2 guys at 35 years old.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Let me guess you have a crystal ball or better yet your friend of a friend who knows a friend who's friends with a old high-school friend of Patrick kane told you what he will do 😂😂😂please . There both past There prime , but still in a window to win and the amount of money from what a winning team will offer and chicago is peanuts.
News Flash Chicago is rebuilding and not looking to commit huge salaries no matter who that player is especially 2 guys at 35 years old.
Chicago also needs asses in seats.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Likely nothing

He holds the keys (full ntc)

If Kane doesnt care for another deep playoff run...

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I’m not sure he goes anywhere now that the Rangers are out but you never know.

As a Stars fan (number of posts saying Dallas) I don’t see Nill doing this unless it’s super cheap etc. Nill will more than likely look at a middle six forward and would rather him go after Domi than Kane in a Hawks trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad