Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Toronto.

If Tarasenko only got a 1st and some small extras then Kane should get a little less, no?

If he's healthy (and I don't know if the hip concerns are real) I'd pay a 1st for Kane straight up, retained until the cap fits.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Dallas or I wouldn't be surprised by New Jersey. NJ have Johnsson taking up cap and could upgrade a lot from Tatar.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I still say Buffalo, based on the prospects they could send to Chicago. And I don't think that would be a rental situation but Kane going home to finish his career on a budding team. Vegas could be a player if Stone is out for awhile.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Heard someone on the Radio saying that his hip is a problem and he may opt out early for surgery

What would follow is then months of UFA speculation

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I still say Buffalo, based on the prospects they could send to Chicago. And I don't think that would be a rental situation but Kane going home to finish his career on a budding team. Vegas could be a player if Stone is out for awhile.

But they aren't a playoff team.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
There's my 3 guess
#1 Stay in Chicago (They want to trade him but Kane troll a little bit Chicago)
#2 Dallas Most probably destination for him
#3 If Dallas trade for another impact players before deadline I guess Colorado at very low price

Reactions: Play

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
But they aren't a playoff team.
Awfully close though. 4 points back of Washington with 3 games in hand. NY Isles aren't a playoff team either, but they went gunning after the teams ahead of them. I think the older teams like Washington and Pittsburgh are in for a challenge this year.

Only way I see the Sabres doing such a trade is if Kane re-signed there, because that would put them in contention not just this year but for a couple years...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
My guess is his hip is in bad shape and he just gets surgery.
It seems very unlikely that a team that liquidated young assets like Debrincat and Dach in order to achieve one of the most obvious tank job in recent times would just be playing an injured Kane with no plan whatsoever other than to then send him to the operating room.

What's the point for the Hawks? Get extra points in the standings to lower their chances at Bedard and get nothing for Kane?

Why?

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
It seems very unlikely that a team that liquidated young assets like Debrincat and Dach in order to achieve one of the most obvious tank job in recent times would just be playing an injured Kane with no plan whatsoever other than to then send him to the operating room.

What's the point for the Hawks? Get extra points in the standings to lower their chances at Bedard and get nothing for Kane?

Why?
What’s the point for Kane?

To grind through the playoffs on a team that’s not a true contender (lightning/avalanche/rags/bruins) and f*** up his shit worse end his career early at 34?

Or get surgery and rehab his hip so he can play hockey into his 40’s — which given his play style is completely possible.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
His hip didn’t seem to bother him his previous game. Any Hawks fans know if he’s looking better since sitting out a few weeks ago?

He's had the same hip issue for 3 years now. The only reason why it's been blown up in the media is because he reinjured it this season. I would be surprised if he gets surgery on it until after his career is over. He chose rehab originally over surgery.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Kind of disappointing how his value has plummeted since the start of the season, any return he might receive now will pale in comparison to what he could have been traded for during the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad