Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Interesting comments, especially about his hip especially because there seems to be polarity here with what is fact and fiction. 'Doing right by the franchise' technically would entail getting traded for some futures and re-signing in the offseason to a retirement deal to usher in the next group
Coming back is probably 50/50 at best.
His whole family is there now and he’s spoken about chasing some team records.
However with a team this bad those records seem more distant.

My dream is he accepts the trade then comes back on a 1 year 10 mill deal and is moved again at next years deadline.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Stars would be better suited to aim for Bertuzzi or Meier.
Cans age plus health isn't really what I think they would aim for

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Kane are not happy about Tarasenko trade. My bet he will leave at the last minute to a team contender in western conference. It will be probably Dallas. Colorado can play underdog @ the last minute.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Likely he says in Chicago, gets shutdown for the season, receives surgery, re-signs in the offseason, but spends the majority of next season on LTIR
Why would he ever consider resigning in Chicago when they are awful rather then going to a team like Tampa or Colorado and especially his hometown in Buffalo where his parents only have a few years left and he probably wants his child to be raised with his grandparents.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I get that, but from personal experience...
You can have the "support", but that doesn't equate to lack of consequences.
Ask my ex-wife :sarcasm:

Am I the only one who thinks people overstate the importance of the potential "move" for him and his family?

Idk, these guys are already on the road 41 games a year. Him playing in another city for 3 months max isnt uprooting his and his family's life outside of Chicago.

Obviously, theres tons of reasons for him to block a trade or not, but 3 months away from Chicago being too much seems like a pretty unlikely reason

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Coming back is probably 50/50 at best.
His whole family is there now and he’s spoken about chasing some team records.
However with a team this bad those records seem more distant.

My dream is he accepts the trade then comes back on a 1 year 10 mill deal and is moved again at next years deadline.
or just continue to sign 1 year deals and get moved at the deadline to return to Chicago in the offseason ;)

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
It's very difficult to trade players with 8-figure contracts, especially if they have a NMC/NTC and will only waive it to go to a contender.

I think he stays put. Chicago's asking price is likely too high and what other teams are willing to counter with (beyond a 1st Round Pick) Chicago won't want. A contender isn't going to be willing to give up any major talent for a 5-million dollar rental and Chicago isn't going to want to pickup a bunch of garbage contracts, especially if they run longer than this year.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is pretty silly of him. He hasn't decided what he wants to do and therefore hasn't been moved, but he's now unhappy that one of the teams he may have wanted to go to has decided to move on and not wait? lol.
I'm guessing it's more NYR didn't want to part with what Hawks wanted for Kane and less about Kane not making a decision to be traded.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm guessing it's more NYR didn't want to part with what Hawks wanted for Kane and less about Kane not making a decision to be traded.
Or both. He did come out and say he was going to decide in 10 days.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Sounds like he thought the Rangers were the eventual landing place.

That’s some real honesty there. Feel like you normally don’t see that after trades. Much respect for Kane.

Hope he rehabs and comes back to kill it. Would be amazing if he came to NY via free agency but they literally might not even have $700k in space after the RFA’s

Reactions: mondo3

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
kane & toews to the leafs. ( salary retained by chicago % ?)
kerfoot, lillegren, nies to chicago
Lines :
mathews, kane, bunting
tavares, marner, nylander
toews, holmberg, jarnkrok
kampf, engval, austin reece

Reactions: Sasha Orlov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad