Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
and somebody who's already won 3 cups probably doesn't care all too much about that anymore.

It makes complete sense for him to decide he wants to retire a Blackhawk.

I obviously don't know what Kane is thinking (could see him staying in CHI), but professional athletes ALWAYS want to win and hate losing.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Where does Kane end up?

He ends up in Disneyland after winning the cup with Winnipeg in May!

Trade Kane and Toews for Schmidt /1 st / and Brad Lambert

Schmidt to make the cap work and both players for (2 late 1 st and Schmidt) because of their NMC and Toews convinces Kane to win another Cup in Wpg his home town!

then next summer they both sign 1 year UFA deals with Buffalo ,,,,,, Kanes home town!

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dallas. Andy Strickland reported last August on his podcast with Cam Janssen that the Stars liked Kane and their owner wanted him. Dallas has a very good team. Jim Nill will look to add.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
He has full NMC so he controls everything.
He controls everything until the end of this season, he does not have full control over whether or not he returns to Chicago beyond this season.

So everyone saying they expect him to shut it down and have hip surgery now and resign with the Hawks or stay with the Hawks to see if they get Bedard before he decides whether or not to resign with them, should consider the possibility that Davidson’s plan may be to move forward without Kane… Kane should consider that as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He controls everything until the end of this season, he does not have full control over whether or not he returns to Chicago beyond this season.

So everyone saying they expect him to shut it down and have hip surgery now and resign with the Hawks or stay with the Hawks to see if they get Bedard before he decides whether or not to resign with them, should consider the possibility that Davidson’s plan may be to move forward without Kane… Kane should consider that as well.
He’s a UFA in the off-season. He might shut it down soon to have surgery so he’s healed for UFA.

he gets traded for a cup run team it delays surgery till July so he’s likely not healthy to start the season.

if he doesn’t get traded I’ll laugh because so many on here said he’d get a haul in return.

with him not 100% he probably on ly gets a lower pick in return to Chicago that becomes a 2nd if he plays Enough and team advances.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
He has pts in 7 of the 9 games since his return
I was at the game in Calgary prior to the all-star break and Kane looked really good, he was moving well, controlling play like he always has and creating great opportunities for his linemates. With better talent to work with he could have easily had 3 or 4 points but unfortunately guys like Athanasiou either are not ready for the puck or can’t finish off golden opportunities they get from PK.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
He’s a UFA in the off-season. He might shut it down soon to have surgery so he’s healed for UFA.

if that was his intention, then why hasn’t he already done so? Sooner the better right? More time for healing and removes all of these annoying questions about the deadline.
he gets traded for a cup run team it delays surgery till July so he’s likely not healthy to start the season.

if he doesn’t get traded I’ll laugh because so many on here said he’d get a haul in return.

with him not 100% he probably on ly gets a lower pick in return to Chicago that becomes a 2nd if he plays Enough and team advances.
Patrick Kane with this ”debilitating“ hip injury is producing at an equal rate on a worse team then Tarasenko, I would expect the return to be similar.

If Kane doesn’t get traded, it will more likely then not because he chose to not waive his NMC.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Why does he care?

He's won 3 cups already, he turns 35 in November, he's spent his entire career with Chicago. The only possible reason he would have for wanting to leave is to win again, and somebody who's already won 3 cups probably doesn't care all too much about that anymore.

It makes complete sense for him to decide he wants to retire a Blackhawk.

The bolded is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read on this board. It’s not like he has one year left in his career and is just gonna ride this season out then retire.

He’s a pro athlete, since he was born he’s been 1000x more competitive and addicted to winning than anyone posting on here.

He might, indeed, stay and re-sign with Chicago because he’s been there so long, but saying he probably doesn’t care too much about winning anymore is insane.

Reactions: Sinbad

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm sure the ask on Kane was just too much. If Blues took a 1st, and just contracts back, I'm assuming Kanes wanted a young core piece that NYR weren't willing to part with. They were never getting Laf or Kakko for an expiring contract. If he goes to Dallas, hopefully he carries them far and makes the pick later for us.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chicago also needs asses in seats.
That kind of thinking is very shortsighted and deeply flawed.
Ownership and Management have already prepared themselves for what ups and downs come with a full rebuild.
A 35 year old past his best days playing on a team that is piece mealed together isn't going to bring In enough fans or revenue.
Besides chicago will offset its lost ticket sale revenues by not using the full cap space.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
You might feel different when family concerns are involved. As you get older your priorities change. He has a baby at home and that comes before a Stanley cup
This kinda reads like: Kane you already have 3 cups. Please let McDavid get his first already.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The bolded is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read on this board. It’s not like he has one year left in his career and is just gonna ride this season out then retire.

He’s a pro athlete, since he was born he’s been 1000x more competitive and addicted to winning than anyone posting on here.

He might, indeed, stay and re-sign with Chicago because he’s been there so long, but saying he probably doesn’t care too much about winning anymore is insane.

Except it's not at all.

We have seen countless times over the history of the league of veteran players showing zero interest in chasing another cup towards the end of their careers.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Potnick

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think he gets traded, then returns to Chicago in free agency and gets the ”C”

Last edited:

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Everyone seems to have ignored Kane himself saying the hip injury talk is overblown.
His production (or lack there of) has more to do with Domi’s inability to find the seam for 1 timers and Athanasiou kind of playing on a line by himself. … AA = 3 highlight reel goals and 1000 lost pucks/turnovers.

Kane has looked good for a stretch now and very good with Dickinson as his C. Amazing how good a creative offensive talent can look when linemates work to create openings.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
His delaying the process is odd as it does not help either side. It suggests to me he either has cold feet, or he has a very short list of destinations. The longer he delays, the tougher it becomes to execute a trade. The hip injury is real and will scare off one or two realistic choices too.

The more I think about it the more I think he stays. That said I think he goes home to Buffalo or to persistent Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad