So... When do we get new jerseys?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
That jersey looks like a scary clown smiling. Mcdavids nipples are the gacy eyes.
I just cut and pasted McDavids red soulless eyes.
IMG_4856.jpeg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
On this Jets podcast they discuss the choice of the team name on 2011.

Chipman says he called the Boston Bruins about using the name "Bears" and the Bruins said "No"!

Start at 9 min 32 sec.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa

Chipman says he called the Boston Bruins about using the name "Bears" and the Bruins said "No"!

Start at 9 min 32 sec.

Only 2 episodes in, but enjoying that podcast a ton so far. Highly recommended for anyone on this board!

Interesting to note that I recall a previous interview with Chipman where he mentioned asking permission from Toronto (Brian Burke, specifically) to use the red maple leaf behind the jet in the current logo. Apparently, he was quick to say yes.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Start at 9 min 32 sec.

What if the Bruins told Chipman "Yes."

MOOSE_JH2.jpg

Reactions: jetsforever

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What if the Bruins told Chipman "Yes."

MOOSE_JH2.jpg
Look, if Chipman had such a hard on for that uni he could have avoided the whole intellectual property, all your bear are belong to us mess by calling the team the Thunder. And teal beats aviator blue every day and twice on Sundays. Or would we then have had to ask permission from the fricking San Jose Sharks?

winnipeg-thunder-basketball-button.jpg

WpgJet

May 14, 2010
The good version is NYR and the bad is Columbus. Of the two, I'd much rather look like NYR.

The stripes on the arms and socks just need a bit of red accent. It would pull it all together and solve the issues I see people have about the lack of red. This took me about two seconds but I’m sure you’ll get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_6023.jpeg
    IMG_6023.jpeg
    743.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The stripes on the arms and socks just need a bit of red accent. It would pull it all together and solve the issues I see people have about the lack of red. This took me about two seconds but I’m sure you’ll get the idea.

I agree.

Red is a superior accent color to baby blue.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
NHL, Fanatics unveil uniforms for 2024-25 season

Big changes for this year are:
  • An additional layer of fabric inside the lower sleeve to enhance uniform durability intended to reduce material wear from sustained friction against the boards;
  • New shoulder fabrics replacing the debossed pattern fabric used on the shoulders of the prior NHL jersey;
  • A new NHL Shield execution on the front neck of the jersey which includes a special hologram finish;
  • and Fanatics branding embroidered on the back neck of jerseys.
  • (And Anaheim and Los Angeles will have their retro-inspired uniforms, with every other team given the opportunity to introduce changes for the 2025-26 season.)
They are also introducing a new category of jerseys available for purchase (which I believe icethetics spoke about before in this video):
  • Authentic Pro ("the authentic on-ice jersey, the identical jersey made in Canada and worn by their favorite teams and players every game")
  • Premium (equivalent to the highest level of retail jersey that exists now)
  • Breakaway (the existing Fanatics fan jersey)
  • And a new retail version of the practice jersey.
I believe icethetics also mentioned before that he expects the Jets to keep the '48 powder blue along with the Heritage Blue in rotation for this upcoming season: so basically, no changes from 23/24 for 24/25.

I know folks sometimes like to reply in this thread if they spot any jerseys on clearance, so wanted to bump up this thread for that additional reason, too. Here's my contribution: SVP Sports appears to have some limited sizes available, including the 90's throwback jerseys, for around ~$100 CDN. For those of you with kids, can't go wrong with the <$30 jerseys here too, since they'll grow out of them fast.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I personally don't care much about the Nostalgia and would rather have our own brand. Granted I think the brand they came up with could use some tweaking.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I like the fact that TNSE doesn't chase trends with this stuff. Leaving it the way it is would be my preference.

The only difference I can see with the new ones is that those dimples in the shoulders are gone, which is about as trivial as it gets.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The current logo is first in terms of design (clean, iconic, symbolic), and last in terms of nostalgia (because it's new). The uniform is a bit monochrome and dull.

The best logo in terms of nostalgia was probably the logo in use when you were 15-25 years old.

The 80s pie plate logo was the worst in terms of design. Just too much going on (An airplane! The J is a hockey stick! The word "Winnipeg"! The word "Jets"! Circles in circles!). A mishmash of poorly executed ideas. The 90s logo was just a lame refresh of the previous logo...but the uniform overall was much better (got rid of the weird shoulder/sleeve strip, Red Pants!).

The 90s uniform or the pre-NHL Jets (current Heritage) uniforms are tied. Either of those with today's logo would rock.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The current logo is first in terms of design (clean, iconic, symbolic), and last in terms of nostalgia (because it's new). The uniform is a bit monochrome and dull.

The best logo in terms of nostalgia was probably the logo in use when you were 15-25 years old.

The 80s pie plate logo was the worst in terms of design. Just too much going on (An airplane! The J is a hockey stick! The word "Winnipeg"! The word "Jets"! Circles in circles!). A mishmash of poorly executed ideas. The 90s logo was just a lame refresh of the previous logo...but the uniform overall was much better (got rid of the weird shoulder/sleeve strip, Red Pants!).

The 90s uniform or the pre-NHL Jets (current Heritage) uniforms are tied. Either of those with today's logo would rock.

If I had to rank them from first to last...

dhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8h0.gif

305032802022.gif

305061622023.gif

305095862021.gif

305047582012.gif

305060112019.gif

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011

The current logo is a muddy boring mess, IMO, but this stuff is subjective.

Reactions: Ponds

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2