Confirmed with Link: SKA Officially Terminates Matvei Michkov’s Contract - He’s Coming!

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Agreed

I want to be optimistic. I want to be excited over moves. But then they do so much dumb shit that it deflates you. Let's see if this offseason is any different.
That's where I am at. MM coming is great, but I still have my doubts that they figure out anything around him in the next 5 years. It's hard for me to get excited when I doubt their ceiling is higher then the 2012-2017 years with MM playing the role of Giroux.

It will take a lot more then MM showing up to shake me out of my apathy.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Guy is gonna surpass TK as our best player by mid season, he’s that type of dude, wait and see. I really, really hope they can grab a guy or two who can support him offensively, I think Frost would be a good center for him but when you have a guy this great you need to surround him with elite players and let the magic happen.

Reactions: TCTC

StoneColdAnimal

Nov 16, 2010
Can Frost play with enough pace and can he get the puck on MM’s stick consistently? Too many games Frost is unnoticeable, and in a bad way.

With that said, I don’t see frost on this team for much longer. So not sure it’s gonna matter.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
So just to clarify, Briere so far has

Pros
1. Handled the Hart situation
2. Handled the Cutter situation reasonably well all else considering
3. Managed to bring Fedotov out of Russia when it looked dead
4. Managed to bring Michov over 2 years early and against all odds.
5. Pulled off a great Provorov trade
6. Acquired another first rounder for Walker.
7. Signed and re-upped Phoeling for nothing.
8. Signed Tippet to a reasonable extension
9. Acquired Rizzo for nothing
10. Signed Hathaway
11. Acquired a few picks through retention.

Cons
1. Traded a 4th for Johnson
2. Hasn't traded Laughton yet

I'm starting to really like our sneaky little bastard. Can't wait till he trades Farabee for Reaves and makes me hate him.
I haven't been through the entire thread yet, but you're really sticking them out there with a post like this. I'm surprised you haven't been banned. Everything the Flyers do is awful, first graders could do a better job than anyone in the org, Briere is in over his head, and there are no redeeming qualities about the org and they should just fold.

EDIT - I was pretty spot on.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
I don't know why getting a prospect you drafted to play for you is some kind of tremendous accomplishment. I never bought into the ''3-years, if ever' thing anyways, that was the media who insisted that. Podkolzin was supposed to be the same situation and the Canucks got him in 2 years. And he can't even make their lineup now. Nashville got Askarov over after 2, and he's in the AHL.

This thing where Russian guys get drafted and then tell the NHL to go f*** themselves is a myth. It doesn't happen. Maybe some want to get paid more first, but who has lost a high Russian pick because they couldn't get him signed?
I'm keeping your whole post because that's how I roll, but I'm commenting on the first sentence. I agree it's not a tremendous accomplishment for most NHL franchises, but for the Flyers organization, selecting Michkov and not, say, Ryan Leonard because the latter was their "type" of player feels in its own way a tremendous accomplishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad