GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Was a 22 year old former 16th OA pick who was at one time a top 10 prospect worth a late 1st and an early 2nd? Depends on what you think of him, but a 16th OA pick is worth about the picks Montreal gave up for Newhook (31st and 37th).

Picks have a clear value relative to one another and teams have been trading them based on modeled value for almost a decade now. You're proposal is giving up clear value for no good reason. Plus, Montreal doesn't want extra picks right now, they want quality.

I understand what you mean, this is not my trade, im just saying that i see Calgary as being in a position to help Hughe and Gorton acquire Eiserman who they really want.

That 9th pick will almost garantee them the pick... what they're trading for it is up for grabs but in general when you want something you need to be ready to overpay. The value is not important here just that there is a team who's in position to help them achieve their goal.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I understand what you mean, this is not my trade, im just saying that i see Calgary as being in a position to help Hughe and Gorton acquire Eiserman who they really want.

That 9th pick will almost garantee them the pick... what they're trading for it is up for grabs but in general when you want something you need to be ready to overpay. The value is not important here just that there is a team who's in position to help them achieve their goal.

There are no serious rumours that Montreal wants Eiserman at all, let alone at 9th OA. If they really want him, they can take him at 5th (they shouldn't though).

Overpaying to move down to get the guy you want makes no sense at any level.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There are no serious rumours that Montreal wants Eiserman at all, let alone at 9th OA. If they really want him, they can take him at 5th (they shouldn't though).

Overpaying to move down to get the guy you want makes no sense at any level.

He had multiple meetings with Gorton and Marinaro had a quick interview with him (one of 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad