Confirmed with Link: SKA Officially Terminates Matvei Michkov’s Contract - He’s Coming!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Depending on his longevity the Flyers are on a 12-15 year timer now, so it is very frustrating that they continue to waste time and assets trying to rush back into the playoffs instead of trading away the players that don't fit the timeline and stocking up on picks and prospects.

I can already see it clearly. In four years, after they have been bounced in the first round once or twice, Laughton has retired a lifelong Flyer, and Konecny is over the hill on an albatross of a contract, Briere will be fired and another former Flyer will be brought in as GM. He will put the Flyers through another 3 year retool, acquiring no top picks or players while hanging on to aging vets of limited skill. The Flyers will once again be a bubble team, making the playoffs every other year, never making a dent in the playoffs. At this point Michkov will be 33, on an expiring dea,l and will be traded for pennies on the dollar. The Flyers GM will be fired the season after.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Depending on his longevity the Flyers are on a 12-15 year timer now, so it is very frustrating that they continue to waste time and assets trying to rush back into the playoffs instead of trading away the players that don't fit the timeline and stocking up on picks and prospects.

I can already see it clearly. In four years, after they have been bounced in the first round once or twice, Laughton has retired a lifelong Flyer, and Konecny is over the hill on an albatross of a contract, Briere will be fired and another former Flyer will be brought in as GM. He will put the Flyers through another 3 year retool, acquiring no top picks or players while hanging on to aging vets of limited skill. The Flyers will once again be a bubble team, making the playoffs every other year, never making a dent in the playoffs. At this point Michkov will be 33, on an expiring dea,l and will be traded for pennies on the dollar. The Flyers GM will be fired the season after.

giphy.gif

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
So just to clarify, Briere so far has

Pros
1. Handled the Hart situation
2. Handled the Cutter situation reasonably well all else considering
3. Managed to bring Fedotov out of Russia when it looked dead
4. Managed to bring Michov over 2 years early and against all odds.
5. Pulled off a great Provorov trade
6. Acquired another first rounder for Walker.
7. Signed and re-upped Phoeling for nothing.
8. Signed Tippet to a reasonable extension
9. Acquired Rizzo for nothing
10. Signed Hathaway
11. Acquired a few picks through retention.

Cons
1. Traded a 4th for Johnson
2. Hasn't traded Laughton yet

I'm starting to really like our sneaky little bastard. Can't wait till he trades Farabee for Reaves and makes me hate him.
This summer is so pivotal...while I agree there's some legitimate good from Danny so far, I'm gonna wait and see what's up come August

Reactions: Tripod

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
If they just have to get another russian, I sure hope it's Zadorov, in FA, just bc of the anti-Putin views. Ofc I hope they don't sign anyone who would help them reach the play-offs. Bedard way all the way. Let the guy play his heart out offence and f*** the d-zone stats for 2+ years.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If they just have to get another russian, I sure hope it's Zadorov, in FA, just bc of the anti-Putin views. Ofc I hope they don't sign anyone who would help them reach the play-offs. Bedard way all the way. Let the guy play his heart out offence and f*** the d-zone stats for 2+ years.
Ilya Lyubushkin would be a great Torts player

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
So just to clarify, Briere so far has

Pros
1. Handled the Hart situation
4. Managed to bring Michov over 2 years early and against all odds.
5. Pulled off a great Provorov trade
6. Acquired another first rounder for Walker.
7. Signed and re-upped Phoeling for nothing.
9. Acquired Rizzo for nothing
10. Signed Hathaway
11. Acquired a few picks through retention.

Cons
1. Traded a 4th for Johnson
2. Hasn't traded Laughton yet

I'm starting to really like our sneaky little bastard. Can't wait till he trades Farabee for Reaves and makes me hate him.
Con: still employs Tortorella.
Still employs lappy
Signed too many plugs

Some of your pros seem more like cons

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Trading the guy they were pumping up as a big time center prospect for a injury riddled RHD and a 2nd doesn't look great at all.

He managed to do this by guaranteeing Fedotov $6,550,000. We have no idea if he is worth that type of money.

7. Signed and re-upped Poheling for nothing.

An overplayed 4th liner

8 years at $6.25m for a 50 point winger is nothing special

10. Signed Hathaway

Another meh 4th liner

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know why getting a prospect you drafted to play for you is some kind of tremendous accomplishment. I never bought into the ''3-years, if ever' thing anyways, that was the media who insisted that. Podkolzin was supposed to be the same situation and the Canucks got him in 2 years. And he can't even make their lineup now. Nashville got Askarov over after 2, and he's in the AHL.

This thing where Russian guys get drafted and then tell the NHL to go f*** themselves is a myth. It doesn't happen. Maybe some want to get paid more first, but who has lost a high Russian pick because they couldn't get him signed?

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

I call this the "Flyers' Groundhog Day/Doomsday Scenario."

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I wish he was given Bedard type carte blanche to play as much as he wants and in all offensive situations, but knowing Torts, his use will be very limited
Can you explain the Torts/Panarin relationship? That marriage seemed to work out real well. I too am worried about Torts with Matvei, but I'it doesn't mean it's destined to fail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad