Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
How so? They got basically 2 1st rounders for Askarov.

Edstrom was a 32nd overall pick and Vegas' pick could be in the 20s. As much as I like the draft, things get sketchier in the back half of the first round more than we like to admit. Sometimes we expect the guys who go in the back half of the first round to have the same upside as the guys who go top 10 just because they're all technically first rounders.

Nice work by Grier to essentially turn Tomas Hertl into a piece who'll better fit their upcoming window. Nashville was in a tough spot and at least got a couple assets out of it before things got ugly.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Poor Edstrom. Traded AGAIN, really?

Guy went from a no state income tax organization to one with high taxes then back to one with no taxes. Didn't even have to attend any camps or do anything during his brief run with the Sharks. Not a bad deal.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
IIRC from what Knights fan said during the Hertl trade, Edstrom sucks and really had no business being a 1st rounder. Is this still true? As a Preds fan I need to know so I can be mad.

Reactions: Gh24

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Great trade for san jose. Value of 2 late first pick (edstrom and the pick) vs a futur first goalie in Askarov. I take the goalie.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Goalies are a voodoo position. Askarov isn't a sure thing yet at the NHL level. I'd say that this trade should be on a wait-and-see basis right now on who ends up coming ahead.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Good trade for San Jose getting their goalie of the future. While David Edstrom is sitting there saying Wtf did I do to be traded twice already since his draft year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
IIRC from what Knights fan said during the Hertl trade, Edstrom sucks and really had no business being a 1st rounder. Is this still true? As a Preds fan I need to know so I can be mad.
Edstrom last pick in first round. Unless he was going to be a 3rd rounder, no difference if he went 10-12 spots higher. Once you get to the 20's draft lists can differ a lot, sometimes like 20-40 draft slots for players.

Overall, it's basically the LV package they got for Hertl that was used to acquire Askarov.

Given what SJ had in the pipeline in Net, they came out well on this deal. A late 23 and likely late 25 first for a high end goalie prospect was a fair for them to give up.

Nash, best case was prospects for Askarov. See what they do with their pick and how Edstrom develops.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Guy went from a no state income tax organization to one with high taxes then back to one with no taxes. Didn't even have to attend any camps or do anything during his brief run with the Sharks. Not a bad deal.
He spent time in SJ over the summer at the development camp.

Reactions: HBK27

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Sharks can't retain any salary if they flip Askarov at the deadline....

(Couldn't resist since that disclaimer has become a staple of Sharks trade speculation threads)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad