Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Frankly, considering how bad Chicago has been, their prospect pool isn't really anything special outside of Lev and Bedard. Korchinski is ok, Nazar? Meh

Meh I liked levshunov a lot in this draft… also have vlasic rinzel and del maestro to go with Korchinski on the back end of top of my head.

They are weaker than sharks up front nazar/moore prob have question marks…. Bedard is obviously a huge boost to their forwards and reichel is solid.

But ya I’d be pretty disappointed with that haul over the time they’ve been bad(bedard certainly softens that tho)

Reactions: vortexy

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Nash fan.

I really like this deal for both sides honestly. We'll have 3 1sts next year. Lots of ammo to do whatever we need to do. I liked Edstrom coming out and think he is a Trotz style player. We need Center prospects desperately and I am sure he was the best available from SJ.
That's impressive to be in both win-now mode and have 3 firsts. Kudos.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So basically SJ traded Hertl for Askarov, more or less (Vegas 2025 1st, Edstrom).
Seems like it. An older, oft injured forward that no longer fits the timeframe of the team for a future starter for years to come? I'd take that.

I like this move for both sides provide Askarov lives up to expectations. SJ gave up good quality but got a quality player back that is certainly more of a need.

Exciting trade for a 3rd party watcher!

Reactions: PhysicX and jiggy35

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That's good, definitely didn't need nhl ready forwards. Glad he's a center.
He was pegged as our 3C of the future mostly because of his two way game but also because he was always going to be behind Smith and Celebrini at center. But hey, you gotta give to get.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Nash fan.

I really like this deal for both sides honestly. We'll have 3 1sts next year. Lots of ammo to do whatever we need to do. I liked Edstrom coming out and think he is a Trotz style player. We need Center prospects desperately and I am sure he was the best available from SJ.

I think Bystedt would have been a better grab but Edstrom is no slouch. He will be useful.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
nice to see grier win one. it will nice to see sj with an exciting goalie. hopefully askarov can be what nabakov was to that franchise, maybe even more.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Seems like it. An older, oft injured forward that no longer fits the timeframe of the team for a future starter for years to come? I'd take that.

I like this move for both sides provide Askarov lives up to expectations. SJ gave up good quality but got a quality player back that is certainly more of a need.

Exciting trade for a 3rd party watcher!

To be fair you also have to consider the retention involved too. SJ is eating a retention spot for 6 years, 1.387M annually, and over 8M in actual cash as well, but still, you can certainly see why they are fine with that considering the need they (hopefully) filled.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Can't say San Jose isn't trying to reload in a hurry. Hopefully it works out for them. Just get the feeling that Askarov will still need a couple of years, yet. Still really young.

Reactions: HabsQC

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Meh I liked levshunov a lot in this draft… also have vlasic rinzel and del maestro to go with Korchinski on the back end of top of my head.

They are weaker than sharks up front nazar/moore prob have question marks…. Bedard is obviously a huge boost to their forwards and reichel is solid.

But ya I’d be pretty disappointed with that haul over the time they’ve been bad(bedard certainly softens that tho)
Reichel is a bad year away from ending up on waivers.
Hawks are loaded on D, Sharks are loaded at F. Will be interesting to see what happens with these two teams going forward.

But yeah, you have Hawks fans concerned about their lack of high end F outside of Bedard. I'm one of them.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad