Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
IIRC from what Knights fan said during the Hertl trade, Edstrom sucks and really had no business being a 1st rounder. Is this still true? As a Preds fan I need to know so I can be mad.
Edstrom is a super role player+ where he's probably at least a good 3rd liner but is producing to the point where there's potential for more.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I feel like this is a bit of an overpay for Askarov at this point but I understand why the Sharks did it. What a fantastic stockpile of young talent they've built:

Eklund-Granlund-Toffoli
Smith-Celebrini-Zetterlund
Grundstrom-Wennberg-Goodrow
Kostin-Sturm-Kunin
Dellandrea

Ferraro-Rutta
Walman-Ceci
Vlasic-Benning
Thrun

Blackwood
Askarov
Vanacek

That D obviously needs big-time help yet but it's fixable while the rest of the core comes into their own over the next three years.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Is Nabokov still active in the SJS community? This might be an underrated good landing spot for Askarov's development even if Nabokov isn't even part of the management team for SJS.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
On paper he was.

Then he proved to be as good at stopping pucks as that piece of paper.

Yeah, Schneider was really a bust those first few seasons in NJ...

1724446137360.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Another great move by Grier. Getting a vet like Ceci who plays good defense should also help Askarov out

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
What's the deal with Chrona and Burke ? Never heard of either of them

Good deal made here, think it does favor NSH a bit due to the fact that the extra 1st will be valuable to them in-season as a potential trade asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad