Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Considering it all happened in like 20 months that's a hell of a stockpile.
Ya they defense could use a little work…. But goalie was a bigger need/priority.

And they still have plenty of assets and prob another year at the bottom to find some more talent on the back end.

They are newer to the rebuild than teams like Anaheim/Chicago/columbus but you could argue with this move they’ve sordof caught up in terms of artillery

Reactions: vortexy

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Mike Grier did great work here. Edstrom and the late 1st are nice pieces but if Askarov could be a 10 year solution in net.

edit: Ooh vegas might actually be bad this year, looking old and thin...oh well nice calculated risk.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Ya they defense could use a little work…. But goalie was a bigger need/priority.

And they still have plenty of assets and prob another year at the bottom to find some more talent on the back end.

They are newer to the rebuild than teams like Anaheim/Chicago/columbus but you could argue with this move they’ve sordof caught up in terms of artillery
Frankly, considering how bad Chicago has been, their prospect pool isn't really anything special outside of Lev and Bedard. Korchinski is ok, Nazar? Meh

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I learned of this trade on social from TSN, and their graphic just shows a 1st, not that it is Vegas' 1st. So, I came here to see all of the "Grier is a clown" comments, but after seeing that it isn't a potential top 5 pick in the Sharks' pick, I think this is a great deal for both sides.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't know if I like the sound of that then. Grinder/ 2-way guy? Trotz is trying to change the identity to something mote exciting.
I mean he's not going to play immediately. He'll be a more than capable 3C and possibly a decent 2C if he plays up to expectations. Centers are valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad