Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Shocked NJ was in this, if it was next year they'd be all over it but with Markstrom and Allen in the mix, doesn't make sense

From the sounds of it, Askarov's refusal to report to the AHL was to get in a better long term spot and that he might be willing to report to the AHL for a team with a clearer path to the starter spot. Allen is UFA after the season, Markstrom is UFA in two. Even San Jose have Blackwood/Vanecek to keep the seat warm this year.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Curious to see the return. If only just to prove once again, that goalies regardless of pedigree/potential get shit all on the market. Doubly so with Askarov forcing his way out.

Good move by the Sharks though. Their rebuild is coming along nicely.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
From the sounds of it, Askarov's refusal to report to the AHL was to get in a better long term spot and that he might be willing to report to the AHL for a team with a clearer path to the starter spot. Allen is UFA after the season, Markstrom is UFA in two. Even San Jose have Blackwood/Vanecek to keep the seat warm this year.

And both up next year, I believe. I know Blackwood for certain.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
99% chance that one of them gets injured this year. Possible one of them already is for all we know.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Where are the Sharks D? They're loaded at F but they have very little on the blue line.
I mean they just drafted arguably the top D-man in the draft, traded for Tampa's top D prospect last year, got Mukhmadulin the year prior in the Meier trade, 4th round pick Luca Cagnoni just had near 100 points in the CHL last year, Drafted Havelid a couple years back in the 2nd, drafted Wallenius in the 2nd round this year, 5th round pick Pohlkamp was a major standout at the WJC...

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
If that's the case then it's not surprising at all, he'd have a clear path to the starter net, net year backup and the following one hopefully starter.
I assumed when he said he didn't want to go to the AHL he meant at all so I didn't really pay attention to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad