Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] D Cody Ceci, '25 3rd round pick for D Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Looks like with the Ceci and Podkolzin trades, the Oilers will match Broberg and take the 3rd rounder for Holloway. That's somewhat of a frustrating outcome for St. Louis considering that their big need was a young defenseman, but Holloway isn't a bad player by any means. It just means that St. Louis will have to solve their defensive issues with the old-school draft-and-develop methods.
I guess they should have just called Mike Grier and asked the price on Emberson.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I agree, step in the right direction for sure, just not having Ceci is a step in the right direction.

But I'd still be trying to move Kulak
Why? Kulak is one of the best bottom pair defensemen in the league. Perfect fit for the role we have him in.

And yet, some of your fans still needed to be reminded of it.
If you think any Oiler fans don't remember that we have had a pile of 1st overalls, you are mistaken. It really isn't the burn you think it is though lots of teams have had multiple 1st overall picks.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Why? Kulak is one of the best bottom pair defensemen in the league. Perfect fit for the role we have him in.

If you think any Oiler fans don't remember that we have had a pile of 1st overalls, you are mistaken. It really isn't the burn you think it is though lots of teams have had multiple 1st overall picks.
Well, then I guess I was just responding to the bandwagon oiler fans who don’t remember what it took to get all of those picks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well, then I guess I was just responding to the bandwagon oiler fans who don’t remember what it took to get all of those picks.
Oh trust me we know only too well. Most fans would've walked away because of how bad we were for so long. There aren't many fanbases as loyal as ours is. Good on you for trying to treat our fanbase like bandwagoners though, not trying to stir the pot at all I'm sure.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Or you're just taking things too seriously. Bandwagoners, ha ha. Nobody who sits through the abuse Oiler fans have taken from their own team should ever be accused of being a bandwagon.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If this is what you’re reading in to it, then I can’t help you.
I see you stirring the pot. That's all I need to know. No help from you needed.

That would work too. I'd still get rid of Kulak for picks and sign Barrie at 1 million.
Moving Kulak would be the worst move we have made in years. You let Broberg walk and enjoy the cap space before you move Kulak.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Because the Oilers are going to match both players then waive Holloway and gift him to SJ lol
I'm not sold that they match. They just replaced both players today. It's entirely possible that they still don't match either guy. They have a bit of cap space to be flexible with now. If they match Broberg, they don't.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Kid had 10 pts in his first 30 NHL games before getting injured. That's while playing for the last placed team in the league. I think he'll do better in Edmonton.
He got injured like 5 times during the season. He was a waiver wire pick-up that looked better than he was because everyone else looked so horrendous. Put me in a room with Chris Farley and Danny Devito and I’m suddenly Love Island material.

• Haha
Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree with that, just the part about getting a prospect let alone a 'very good' one.

I do think the negative asset aspect of Ceci is pretty overstated. He's on an expiring deal @ 3.2M and while he's pretty mediocre, you can do worse on defense than him for that price.

That's not remarkable for a 24 year old or anyone, really. You could say he was only getting minutes in the show because of being on the Sharks anyway.

I doubt he plays many games for the Oilers next year and beyond but could be wrong.
More points in less games than Holloway ;) lol

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So Blues can now trade the 2nd they were going to give up for Broberg to Montreal for Harris and save $3MM this year :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad