Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] D Cody Ceci, '25 3rd round pick for D Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You really think the Sharks would have traded a good RHD prospect for Cody Ceci...? :huh:

You got a 24 year old career journeyman dman back
Kid had 10 pts in his first 30 NHL games before getting injured. That's while playing for the last placed team in the league. I think he'll do better in Edmonton.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
get Grier back on the line see if he'll take nurse and St.Louis 3rd for a prospect

I never thought the Sharks would have taken Ceci, period.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, just the part about getting a prospect let alone a 'very good' one.

I do think the negative asset aspect of Ceci is pretty overstated. He's on an expiring deal @ 3.2M and while he's pretty mediocre, you can do worse on defense than him for that price.

Kid had 10 pts in his first 30 NHL games before getting injured. That's while playing for the last placed team in the league. I think he'll do better in Edmonton.

That's not remarkable for a 24 year old or anyone, really. You could say he was only getting minutes in the show because of being on the Sharks anyway.

I doubt he plays many games for the Oilers next year and beyond but could be wrong.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Stan bowman showing why he was so coveted by Edmonton for GM.

Oilers are heavy cup favourites and still working to secure the future, just an unbelievable off season

Unfortunate for st louis after what looked like a shrewd move, but they are still 5+ years from making the playoffs so they have time to wait and grow draft picks/young talent

Their forward group and top pair on D are elite.

The other players on defense and goaltending are pretty big question marks.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Not really, Edmonton needs defensemen over forwards at this point, and Broberg looked pretty good paired next to Nurse in the playoffs.
It's tricky. It's a small sample size. I still don't know if they should match.. Depends if they think they can improve more with cap space back there.

I'm 50/50. Right now both broberg and Holloway have such a small sample size. If broberg plays the way he was in the playoffs, worth it. If not...

He complained over a year ago bc he was stuck in the AHL. He wanted nhl minutes. Now he would start there

Will be interesting.

Broberg and his agent have made their position clear. You think he was just playing hard to get? I see why you had trouble following the logic earlier.
So you think Joe sakic hated playing in Colorado when he signed the OS with new York?

Kesler hated it in Vancouver when he signed his?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks fans, what's the 411 on Emberson?
Pretty good defensively when he was healthy but that was only for 30 games. I think he might've gotten lucky and his metrics look better than they probably should be since he wasn't around post deadline when the team was at it's worst.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
It's tricky. It's a small sample size. I still don't know if they should match.. Depends if they think they can improve more with cap space back there.

I'm 50/50. Right now both broberg and Holloway have such a small sample size. If broberg plays the way he was in the playoffs, worth it. If not...

He complained over a year ago bc he was stuck in the AHL. He wanted nhl minutes. Now he would start there

Will be interesting.

So you think Joe sakic hated playing in Colorado when he signed the OS with new York?

Kesler hated it in Vancouver when he signed his?
Did Sakic ever publicly ask for a trade?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pretty good defensively when he was healthy but that was only for 30 games. I think he might've gotten lucky and his metrics look better than they probably should be since he wasn't around post deadline when the team was at it's worst.
He's fine if he can stay healthy. Probably one of our better defensive defenseman last season.
Thanks guys. How is his skating? Is he physical? Solid positioning wise?

As for Ceci, he is a perfectly fine #5/#6 guy but paired with Nurse it was a troublesome pairing. He's a short term add and should fetch at least another 3rd at the deadline.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Did Sakic ever publicly ask for a trade?
I know you really want what you say to be true, so have at her

Was sakic stuck in the minors bc of plugs like ceci?

I don't even want the Oilers to match Brobergs ofdersheet honestly. Keep that space

Contrary to haters, losing broberg and Holloway (bottom 6 on Edmonton) are not going to be big losses.

I'd rather match Holloway and let broberg go. Keep some cap. Improve during the year or deadline

I'll be fine either way if they keep broberg or let him go tbh

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
I know you really want what you say to be true, so have at her

Was sakic stuck in the minors bc of plugs like ceci?

I don't even want the Oilers to match Brobergs ofdersheet honestly. Keep that space

Contrary to haters, losing broberg and Holloway (bottom 6 on Edmonton) are not going to be big losses.

I'd rather match Holloway and let broberg go. Keep some cap. Improve during the year or deadline

I'll be fine either way if they keep broberg or let him go tbh
I’m sorry, how does any of this make what I said false?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Fair enough but they have taken steps that would allow them to be cap compliant with some simple roster moves.

I agree, step in the right direction for sure, just not having Ceci is a step in the right direction.

But I'd still be trying to move Kulak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad