Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] D Cody Ceci, '25 3rd round pick for D Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
An 8th overall pick who just had a great playoffs. We are supposed to give that up for a 2nd rounder? Cap space is great but it's not a substitute for that

Sure though next time they might just want to sign the guy at 1.8 that he was at in July, lol. Live and learn I guess.

Apr 29, 2017
Then why trade for Podkolzin if they match on Holloway? They have enough forwards, even with Kane on LTIR.

People need to realize SJ will likely get a 2nd rounder for Ceci at the trade deadline. Big, right shot, experienced defenceman is something many contenders want to add in February-March.
I think the Podkolzin trade was a low risk backup in case they had nothing else. I suspect the gift from Grier materialized.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No more Nurse-Ceci in the playoffs. How sad.

? Lot of Oilers fans thought Ceci would return an asset outright. Turns out they had to attach a 3rd round pick to move him.

Emberson seems like a generic bottom pairing defenseman. Guessing Grier sold high, like he did on Okhotiuk

10 points in your first 30 games seems interesting as an NHL D, Emberton played for Knoblaugh in the past.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Holloway for a third is still really good valve, although contrary to what some may think, the idea that he is going to walk into a bigger role in St. Louis by just showing up is completely false. But yeah, the bigger fish and bigger hole to plug was that LHD spot with Broberg.

Seems like Edmonton may be able to match both now though too…guess we will see.

Either way…the Blues gave us an interesting week and didn’t lose anything other than maybe pissing off Stan Bowman…which may be an overall win.

A lot of the Blues' worst defensive contracts expire relatively soon, like Leddy and Krug. Krug may, in fact, be LTIRetired. Faulk is still an OK player and Perunovich is finally starting to trend upwards after numerous injuries. They're likely kicking themselves about Walman and especially Mikkola, however. Having those two as late-blooming pieces instead of handing out albatross UFA contracts would've given St. Louis some extra pieces to transition the team.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Unless you believe the Sharks share the same cup window as the Oilers this really doesn't matter for them

Pretend for a minute it’s Chicago who had Broberg and Holloway. There’s less than 0% chance the Blues would help them with this type of deal under any circumstance.

I could see it if the Blues said sure we’ll help take Ceci as long as you’re sending a first, which Chicago (Edmonton) couldn’t pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad