Confirmed Trade: [SJS/DET] Jake Walman and 2024 2nd round pick for future considerations

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Walman has been our best defenseman BY FAR. Like it's not even close. He's been legitimately good, not just "good relative to the rest of the Sharks".

We'll get another top-3 pick no doubt, but it's not because of Jake Walman. He's genuinely been really good. Legit top-4 D. My favorite player to watch so far.

Who's your second best D? No offense but I don't think I've ever seen a more underwhelming lineup of D-men on an NHL roster.

I hope Walman does do well for you guys and it's great he's getting a chance to play top pair minutes, but he's not a guy a contending team wants in their top 4.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Who's your second best D? No offense but I don't think I've ever seen a more underwhelming lineup of D-men on an NHL roster.

I hope Walman does do well for you guys and it's great he's getting a chance to play top pair minutes, but he's not a guy a contending team wants in their top 4.
Hence why I specifically said he's been legitimately good, not just good relative to the rest of the Sharks. He's played a a top-pairing level the first two games, but I'm not gonna crown him top-pairing.

I'm not quite sure what your angle is here. Sour Blues fan? All I know is the Sharks got paid a 2nd round pick to take a 28 year old top-4 defenseman.

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Small sample size, sure, but right now he is looking like a young Alex Pietrangelo

Big mistake from the Detroit

• Haha
Reactions: Jannik Hansen

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah. The more I watch Wallman the more bewildered I am by the trade.
On a Red Wings subreddit there was a post season review discussion in April…A poster there claiming to have known a current roster player for the Red Wings mentioned that Wallman became a distraction in the locker room - apparently it was getting worse when Larkin was out on injury…Wallman ended up missing some games due to injury, but was kept in the press box upon his return late in the season.

Fast forward to summer and the desire to acquire Trouba from the NYR meant Yzerman needed to free up cap space…Trade fell thru - however Wallman is not our ‘problem’ anymore.

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
On a Red Wings subreddit there was a post season review discussion in April…A poster there claiming to have known a current roster player for the Red Wings mentioned that Wallman became a distraction in the locker room - apparently it was getting worse when Larkin was out on injury…Wallman ended up missing some games due to injury, but was kept in the press box upon his return late in the season.

Fast forward to summer and the desire to acquire Trouba from the NYR meant Yzerman needed to free up cap space…Trade fell thru - however Wallman is not our ‘problem’ anymore.
Makes sense then, I guess he needed a reality check.

Seems like from the videos and interviews he's meshing well with the Sharks and being around a younger roster he has realized he needs to mature.

I guess not a mistake from Detroit, but rather a very lucky strike for the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad