• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think the Parekh door is still open too.
The guy had a great Memorial Cup performance, put up a lot of points

I don't think so, and I love Parekh but I think they know there's a critical mass of offensively inclined defenseman on the team. Plus Parekh has that slight build and has taken some massive hits over the playoffs, that would be a concern of theirs, imo.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Elite Prospects has a free mock draft competition where you have to successfully guess the top 10 picks for a chance to win prizes.

This is what I submitted:

1. San Jose - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Demidov
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Lindstrom
5. Montreal - Iginla
6. Utah - Buium
7. Ottawa - Dickinson
8. Seattle - Silayev
9. Calgary - Sennecke
10. New Jersey - Parekh
Catton and Eiserman can fit in between 6th to 10th place.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Alright, I'm ping-ponging but I did peek at Catton...and I kinda like him over Iginla...Well, if we weren't so starved in pure offensive skill I may like Iginla but since we are...Catton...With the assumption that he can get bigger and stronger as well as faster. If management deems he's always going to be as small as he is (especially considering he isn't "that" short) then go Iginla. As for Lindstrom, I don't know...big boy, will do well but, I'm so starved for pure offensive ability...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we draft Lindstrom or Demidov, I think both could be in the nhl for the 25-26 season:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Demidov/Lindstrom - Dach - Newhook
Roy - Beck - Farrell
Heineman/Anderson - Kapanen - Gallagher

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Struble, Barron

Montembeault
Primeau

PP1: Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf - Dach - Hutson
PP2: Demidov/Lindstrom - Newhook - Roy - Farrell - Mailloux

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
If we draft Lindstrom or Demidov, I think both could be in the nhl for the 25-26 season:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Demidov/Lindstrom - Dach - Newhook
Roy - Beck - Farrell
Heineman/Anderson - Kapanen - Gallagher

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Struble, Barron

Montembeault
Primeau

PP1: Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf - Dach - Hutson
PP2: Demidov/Lindstrom - Newhook - Roy - Farrell - Mailloux

Smells like last place

Reactions: Ford Prefect

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I loathe to say this but . . . if Grant says we’re drafting Sennecke, we’re probably drafting Sennecke.
I hope we can at least trade down a few spots and get something extra out of it. I can't see us not picking 1 of (whoever remains of) Demidov/Dickinson/Levshunov/Lindstrom (unless medic reports are no good)/Catton/Iginla (lots want him) and not have an even stronger backlash than seen last year.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
McGuire said on TSN690 this afternoon, he’d take Iginla followed by Eiserman at Habs 50A positon even if Demigod & Lidstrom were available

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
McGuire said on TSN690 this afternoon, he’d take Iginla followed by Eiserman at Habs 50A positon even if Demigod & Lidstrom were available
tenor.gif

Reactions: bsl

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Yup. Both Iggy and Eiserman has been a target of mine for 3+ months now. Both of these guys will be 30+ goal threats in the NHL and fans are complaining because they think others will be 100+ threats or top pairing D. I don't see this draft that way.

What's more valuable. Someone who can score 30 and have 50 assists or someone who can score 20 and have 60 assists. Or a top 4D who puts up 30 pts ish. Take the scoring forward with good size/weight who can score 30+ goals.

Do you see sure shot top pairing guys who can put up 60 pts or a top line forward who can put up 80-100 pts? I personally think there may be a few but not as many as what the general popularity says. Lots of drools going on (again) before the draft.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Smells like last place
A strong first line, mobile defence and above average goaltending should keep us out of last place. But those projected bottom six forwards will probably keep us out of the playoffs. In any event, I think both Florian Xhekaj and Tuch will beat out several of the players projected here to be on the bottom two lines.

Reactions: _vivelequebec_

dleblanc343

Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
It has more to do with what Tij has done on the ice than who his father is. I dislike this father narrative in terms of fans thinking he only is popular due to his father. It's just wrong and a bit ignorant.

I am grounded. My targets are one of Demidov, Iggy, Lindstrom. No, Catton is not in this waive of talent for me. He's in the waive after it.

Want me to repeat why I like Tij Iginla? Sure.

* One of the youngest in the draft and one of the hottest trending. This has nothing to do with his father. It's what he is doing on the ice. I think he is going to break out even more in his D+1 and D+2 seasons.

* Solid size/weight at a young age. Others around him are 6-10 months older than him and 160 lbs. Tij is 6'-0" and 185. Likely tops out around 6'-1" and 200+ lbs. This probably has something to do with his father ;)

* One of the best shots in this draft. It's NHL quality already

* Skating/edge work/cross overs are very good. Top end speed can use some improvement but he's deceptive. Kind of like Hutson.

* Hockey IQ is very good.

* Great performance at the U18's.

* Above the curve with his ability to play along the boards with traffic. Escapes pressure with the puck on his stick. Doesn't shy away from contact.
Great post, yes I agree with your points and would be thrilled with a guy like this if it's who we end up with.

We shall see...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great post, yes I agree with your points and would be thrilled with a guy like this if it's who we end up with.

We shall see...

I do trust Gorton/Hughes and our scouts. They would have more information than we do. If they pick someone other than the guys I listed, I'm not going to complain too much but I will wonder how it ends up.

I have recently adjusted my personal targets. I have Dickinson, Demidov, Iggy, and Lindstrom as my BPA's after Celebrini. Buium being close to Lindstrom. Lindstrom to me is a home run or strikeout

Going to be a long 3 weeks. lol.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
its risky, but I wouldnt be angry,

iginla is a good pick, and eiserman a gamble but will most likely turn out very good,

I dont really care, its all about slaf now, they will all have to kneel to him or gtfo

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
its risky, but I wouldnt be angry,

iginla is a good pick, and eiserman a gamble but will most likely turn out very good,

I dont really care, its all about slaf now, they will all have to kneel to him or gtfo
Funny enough McKeen’s has Iginla @ 5OA

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Been thinking for months that there’s virtually no situation in which the Habs don’t take Iginla including if Demidov is there

Sad but true

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad