Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Here is my stab at the top ten picks:

1. San Jose Sharks - Macklin Celebrini
2. Chicago Blackhawks - Artyom Levshunov
3. Anaheim Ducks - Sam Dickinson
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Ivan Demidov
5. Montréal Canadiens - Cayden Lindstrom
6. Utah - Zayne Parekh
7. Ottawa Senators - Anton Silayev
8. Seattle Kraken - Zeev Buium
9. Calgary Flames - Tij Iginla
10. New Jersey Devils - Berkly Catton

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
When I think of Iginla, I think of a slightly better 6 foot Gallagher with a little better skating. Warrior, competitor, etc but no elite traits but can pop in 25-30 goals here and there. Sure Gally was a great complimentary top 6 in his prime but at #5 would that be our best pick, especially over some others? I’m not sure if I’m crazy to compare him to gally but that’s just what I envision.

I agree. He’s honestly reminiscent of Max Domi at the same age too. He just is more of a shooter. Maybe not quite as scrappy or as much of an agitator, but similar overall. He also is similar in a lot of ways to Jeff Skinner when he was in juniors. I think he ends up somewhere in between these two as a finished product. That’s a good player, but at 5th overall, you’re looking for elite talent, game breakers. I don’t think he’s going to be that at the NHL level.

There’s a reason a lot of the casuals on here seem to want him so much and it’s not hard to figure out what it is. You can tell that all they’ve done is watched a few highlights and have decided he’s going to be a franchise talent like his father. They see him scoring goals in highlight reels and it’s kind of confirmation bias and that’s the end of it for them.

The truth is he plays nothing like his father.
He’s a completely different type of player, and I don’t think his ceiling is anywhere near that high. For me, he likely ends up as a middle-six forward in the NHL, with a chance to be a low-end 1st liner.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
With that performance there is no way Dickenson gets to us, he so damn good.

He was great, but Habs won't pick him if a Lindstrom is there no way. Not saying it's the right pick either, I just think they are going forward no matter what. Damn he was impressive, I wonder what he will slide to ....

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
He was great, but Habs won't pick him if a Lindstrom is there no way. Not saying it's the right pick either, I just think they are going forward no matter what. Damn he was impressive, I wonder what he will slide to ....
I would like to believe they are smart enough to take Dickenson and make a trade like they did with Dach. Then you can get a perfect fit with a young forward that already has a taste of the NHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Dickinson falls to us, I want him.

Only 1 I'd pick over Dickinson is Demidov (and obviously Celebrini, who we'll never get).

Ducks are great at drafting and will take Dickinson. I had this feeling for a while now. I think the Jackets will look very hard at Lindstrom. Hawks are difficult to figure out but I think they take Demidov. Bedard/Demidov filling the seats while they focus on adding more parts in the next 3+ years. Makes sense to me. If the Blue Jackets think Lindstrom is a risk, they go D IMO.

Celebrini
Demidov
Dickinson
Lindstrom

Habs will be left with choosing one of the D (the one we think might be top pairing vs top 4D) or take one of the forwards we feel might be top line assets. Iggy or Catton.

Beck is also 20. I see a 4th line center, which is okay. A lesser version of Scott Laughton.

4th line center is the base. Safe prediction

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Celebrini : top first centerman
Demidov : top line winger
Levshunov : top pair dman
Lindstrom : Top line winger
Dickinson : top pair dman

Pick someone on that group and don’t look behind.
Today, we would probably be okay to trade a guy like Guhle for Necas/Zegras if we would have a Dickinson ready.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Ducks are great at drafting and will take Dickinson. I had this feeling for a while now. I think the Jackets will look very hard at Lindstrom. Hawks are difficult to figure out but I think they take Demidov. Bedard/Demidov filling the seats while they focus on adding more parts in the next 3+ years. Makes sense to me. If the Blue Jackets think Lindstrom is a risk, they go D IMO.

Celebrini
Demidov
Dickinson
Lindstrom

Habs will be left with choosing one of the D (the one we think might be top pairing vs top 4D) or take one of the forwards we feel might be top line assets. Iggy or Catton.

4th line center is the base. Safe prediction
At least 2 d-men will go in the top 4, leaving us Demidov or Lindstrom.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Very possible but I'm not sure. I see many different outcomes. What I do see is a lot of talk on the D but most of those D are top 4D quality. Way too many fans projecting top pairing

Today, my list is very close to McKeen's top 15 and he has the top 5 exactly like me.

I'm going to say there is at least 1 or 2 D going 2-4. I'm not 100% 2 of them for sure.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I agree. He’s honestly reminiscent of Max Domi at the same age too. He just is more of a shooter. Maybe not quite as scrappy or as much of an agitator, but similar overall. He also is similar in a lot of ways to Jeff Skinner when he was in juniors. I think he ends up somewhere in between these two as a finished product. That’s a good player, but at 5th overall, you’re looking for elite talent, game breakers. I don’t think he’s going to be that at the NHL level.

There’s a reason a lot of the casuals on here seem to want him so much and it’s not hard to figure out what it is. You can tell that all they’ve done is watched a few highlights and have decided he’s going to be a franchise talent like his father. They see him scoring goals in highlight reels and it’s kind of confirmation bias and that’s the end of it for them.

The truth is he plays nothing like his father.
He’s a completely different type of player, and I don’t think his ceiling is anywhere near that high. For me, he likely ends up as a middle-six forward in the NHL, with a chance to be a low-end 1st liner.
I agree. He's a guy any team would be happy to have, but an underwhelming pick at 5OA. All indications are that we're taking a forward regardless, which could come back to haunt us if Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board and we pass on a top D like Buium for a lower upside forward pick like Iginla.

Reactions: bsl

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Yep and if it's the case I I can"t believe that they will choose Lindstrom instead of Demidov.

I dont care about Lindstrom's size.....you go with talent..not with size and in terms of talent..they are nkt in the same league..

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Yep and if it's the case I I can"t believe that they will choose Lindstrom instead of Demidov.

I dont care about Lindstrom's size.....you go with talent..not with size and in terms of talent..they are nkt in the same league..
If only it was that simple. I like talent with size. Lindstrom appears to have plenty of talent, even if not as much as Halfdov. Then you also have to consider who will likely be the bigger contributor in the playoffs. I don’t care about the President’s Trophy.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I'm nervous about the draft, one of these kids are going to get passed over and could be a real star at 4-8. Hope the scouts are puckering up and not doing a Bergevin 'karakter over talent' evaluation lol

Reactions: Runner77

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I'm nervous about the draft, one of these kids are going to get passed over and could be a real star at 4-8. Hope the scouts are puckering up and not doing a Bergevin 'karakter over talent' evaluation lol
Billy Ryan will keep them in line.

Reactions: Habs

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
you get an automatic like for the MachoMan
machoman-wrestling.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Redux91 and Habs

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If only it was that simple. I like talent with size. Lindstrom appears to have plenty of talent, even if not as much as Halfdov. Then you also have to consider who will likely be the bigger contributor in the playoffs. I don’t care about the President’s Trophy.
Plenty of smaller skilled players have better playoff resumes then their bigger counterparts. You can't assume that just because a player is bigger that they will be better playoff performers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Plenty of smaller skilled players have better playoff resumes then their bigger counterparts. You can't assume that just because a player is bigger that they will be better playoff performers.

Agreed. This is why scouts get paid. Usually, the teams who do well go after all 3. Size, Skill, Skating. Lindstrom has the size and skating and I think his skill is his shot. I really don't see him impressing me much with his play making and vision. I do not have him as a NHL center but I do have him as a power forward who brings it physically. He's a big guy that likes the contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad