Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
is that just a gut feeling or is there some info you are grounding that on that the rest of us might not be aware of?
This will sound made up but I know from close friends of his family that he’s met with the Habs about a half dozen times this year, he’s been their biggest interest all along

I’d be shocked if they didn’t take him

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This will sound made up but I know from close friends of his family that he’s met with the Habs about a half dozen times this year, he’s been their biggest interest all along

So surely they'll trade down then? As Iginla will not go in the top5. Maybe we target the Buffalo #11 pick to nab Iggy jr

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He won't be there.
ok so what in your opinion would be the lowest they could drop to get him?

I think Iginla would be a fine addition, but as the top 5 starts coming into focus, I just can't see us passing on Demidov or Lindstrom

For me it's Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla/Catton, Sennecke in terms of forwards

Reactions: Rozz and Beaker

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I think Iginla would be a fine addition, but as the top 5 starts coming into focus, I just can't see us passing on Demidov or Lindstrom

I can easily see them passing on Demidov for Lindstrom.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I believe you that they’ve met him a half dozen times but you have absolutely no way of knowing that “he’s been their biggest interest all along.” Absolutes none.

Reactions: Chr1s97 and viceroy

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

With the way it is playing out, other than the 1 pick it could go any way, our 10th rated player could go third etc. If you have a player you covet you take him at 5 no matter what, the team right behind you might really like him as well.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Spacehabs

Mar 3, 2020
I saw couple hours of shift by shift of each of the top 15 prospects. Last year my "coup de coeur" was Reinbacher mid season. (Probably the only guy in Montreal thrilled by his selection) This year my guy is Silayev. I really can imagine him struggling in his new 6pi7 frame and still being so mobile and be the only 17 yo defenseman in history to play a full KHL season is quite impressive. My top 5 list is : Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov and Dickinson.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
is that just a gut feeling or is there some info you are grounding that on that the rest of us might not be aware of?

Just cope from Michkov PTSD.

People have to take account tht Iggy at 5OA is very possible.

It's possible but it's probably the 4th likeliest scenario. The Iginla to Montreal talk has died down a lot and the guys who report on the team, or have the closest connections to the team have all posited that Sennecke is more likely than Iginla in the event Lindstrom and Demidov are both gone.

I can easily see them passing on Demidov for Lindstrom.

Everything around the team is that Demidov is their top target. This is just an over-correction. I could see it, but it's unlikely.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
People have to take account tht Iggy at 5OA is very possible.

Yup. Bob has him 10th and McKeen has him 5th. I am very curious to see how much Bob alters his top 15 list when he reveals his final list. Does Iggy stay at 10 or move closer to 5? Same with Sennecke, does he move from 14th.

Some will consider it a reach to take Iggy and you can't argue too much about it. But then there is the angle of BPA variance from that 2-13/14 range.

Personally, I will be very happy if we take Tij. I see a safe top 6F base with the potential of top line value. And he's going to be similar to his father's size. 6'-0" and 185 lbs today and won't take that long to get to 6'-1" and 200+ lbs. Certainly not the type to be afraid of contact and less time/space.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Ignila for me too. As of now. Catton if we trade down. Price to trade up going to be expensive

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yup. Bob has him 10th and McKeen has him 5th. I am very curious to see how much Bob alters his top 15 list when he reveals his final list. Does Iggy stay at 10 or move closer to 5? Same with Sennecke, does he move from 14th.

Some will consider it a reach to take Iggy and you can't argue too much about it. But then there is the angle of BPA variance from that 2-13/14 range.

Personally, I will be very happy if we take Tij. I see a safe top 6F base with the potential of top line value. And he's going to be similar to his father's size. 6'-0" and 185 lbs today and won't take that long to get to 6'-1" and 200+ lbs. Certainly not the type to be afraid of contact and less time/space.
I have never seen Iginla play other than some videos on YouTube. What makes him a must draft player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad