Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sounds about right, I know he is paying around 80k for it since we do not do it in Canada with any success and the Mayo clinic in Phoenix recommended it for him. His back is a mess and is his last resort and they showed him the surgery via the abdomen, it was quite interesting as an outsider. They specialize in a few back procedures and for some reason was suggested he go there. They also send a lot of our stem cell procedures to Germany as well for the pay route
ALIF?

Reactions: Habs

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Not to be a dick but why do we have this thread seperate from the main draft thread? This specific group of players doesn't even really make sense, I would really only include Lindstrom and maybe Iginla as likely targets based on the rumors + rumblings. Why not just merge with the main draft thread? Ok sorry in advance
I don’t think there’s enough draft threads!

On a related note, I’m still wondering why the mods shut down my “Demidov likes his steak well done” thread?

Hello?!

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is the first year that I can remember where the Draft thread became too much to read. So many opinions, so many choices that I barely come to this thread anymore.

Has Dr. Recchi chimed in yet in Lindstrom's herniated disk yet? I would love his take. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91 and BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Catton at 5OA falls under BPA I think but the concerns about his frame seem to be non-stop. I hope he proves everyone wrong and he does so in Habs colours.
A couple notes:
- Catton will have a stocky build when he’s done growing.
- Hughes has been building a foundation that includes big players on D and in the top 6. It allows him to pick a skilled player even if he’s a bit undersized. He’ll be well surrounded.

Reactions: crosbyshow

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
A couple notes:
- Catton will have a stocky build when he’s done growing.
- Hughes has been building a foundation that includes big players on D and in the top 6. It allows him to pick a skilled player even if he’s a bit undersized. He’ll be well surrounded.
Pro scouts seem to think he won't be able to add more pounds.

Otherwise..... If Silayev, Demidov, and Lindstrom are all off the board I think they should go with Catton because we need this sort of forward more than anything. He'd be BPA imo.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
That isn't true at all.

Hughes is every bit as insistent on character as MB was.....he just better understands how to merge skill and character and how to nurture the growth of both traits.

GM's that don't value character are usually basement GM's who are running EA NHL 24 franchises....
Of course I'm not saying they don't value character. That's apparently the reason why Michkov will be suiting up for the Flyers. It was meant to to be a jab at the previous regime, for the Fischer pick in particular. Then I realized he was selected in '06 and they had nothing to do with it. :banghead:

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think if Lindstrom and Demigod are not available at 5, I think Habs will draft the best D available (Levshunov, Silayev, Buium, Dickenson, Parekh) and trade a L/RHD (depending on who they draft) for a young top end forward. That will balance out the D and O and add higher quality players to the mix. Also means likely keeping Matheson until next year and Savard until the TDL as the vets to hold down the fort until young D more ready to take over.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Slaf is the scary one to me. If he wants a 2 year bridge and then becomes the monster we are all hoping he becomes he will want 11-12...or they could get lucky and he could sign a long deal similar to CC and Suzuki.
Only a habs fan would be scared of their own players getting lots of points, its such a foreign concept. If Toronto and Edmonton can afford their cores I don't think we have to worry.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Pro scouts seem to think he won't be able to add more pounds.

Otherwise..... If Silayev, Demidov, and Lindstrom are all off the board I think they should go with Catton because we need this sort of forward more than anything. He'd be BPA imo.
I don't think so. Catton is too small and I doubt his deke will work vs bigger and faster pros of the NHL. Iggy, Sennecke, Helenius or Brandsegg-Nygard will probably have better nhl careers. Catton will hit a wall. He would at best become a 2C in the middle of the range. Probably having -15 every year.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I think if Lindstrom and Demigod are not available at 5, I think Habs will draft the best D available (Levshunov, Silayev, Buium, Dickenson, Parekh) and trade a L/RHD (depending on who they draft) for a young top end forward. That will balance out the D and O and add higher quality players to the mix. Also means likely keeping Matheson until next year and Savard until the TDL as the vets to hold down the fort until young D more ready to take over.
The only RHD that might get you a young, top end player would be Reinbacher. If they do that, they'll have to feel comfortable that the pick they make at 5 will be better than Rhino (I'm trying that out, see if it sticks) and the player they'd acquire is better than who they could get at 5 this year. Otherwise it's a lateral move and they'd likely just pick a forward, or try to replicate their D of the 1970's (though without the prolific offence that went with it)

Reactions: themilosh

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The only RHD that might get you a young, top end player would be Reinbacher. If they do that, they'll have to feel comfortable that the pick they make at 5 will be better than Rhino (I'm trying that out, see if it sticks) and the player they'd acquire is better than who they could get at 5 this year. Otherwise it's a lateral move and they'd likely just pick a forward, or try to replicate their D of the 1970's (though without the prolific offence that went with it)
We don't know what will get you what and what else could be put in the package.

Jul 6, 2016
More and more, I feel that both Lindstrom and Demidov will be taken before Habs’ pick. Leshunov or Dickenson will still be available (and Buium). Iginla, Catton or Sennecke, too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The 10 are mostly all head scouts and directors of player personnel, the people in charge. A third of teams is a pretty significant sample, in no way is it minuscule.
You are definitely going to get straight responses from teams who are not currently in the top 15.
How many of those 10 guys are that person? Celebrini will rank first in all of them and then it could be all over the place based on what we've seen everywhere. Fun Times.

Reactions: Andrei79

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You are describing a navigated minimally invasive procedure, possibly involving a robotic approach. I suspect that this is also done in the US. It's true that healing is faster as a result. I don't know if it alleviates the need to fuse vertebrae though, unless I am missing something.
Fusing vertebrae would end up being very disappointing for our crowd.
Cayden could go in at 6'3" and come out at only 6'2" :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Levshunov will not be available at 5
I wish who ever selects him all the very best. Not all the reports are so glowing in his case.
On a side note as a Hab if picking a D we'd have to pay attention to the way we defend. Skating lateral movement and mobility all over required or do not apply...

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad