Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
do you think he's another Matheson though? Is he any good in his own end?
No idea what Matheson was like as a jr but Yes he is good on both sides of the puck and will be. I've had season tics in London since 99 and he is 1 or 2 in terms of rookie year and plus one year in terms of overall effectiveness. ( Wideman, Bonk, Bouchard, Methot, Mete, Zadorov, Juolevi, Harrington, Carlson (came 2 yrs older than Sam thou ) Regula..... we seen some solid players)
Plays a complete game, not overly physical but uses length well in D zone, great transition, skating or outlets....and has a great GAF meter ( Give A Fu....) My most important stat lol

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No idea what Matheson was like as a jr but Yes he is good on both sides of the puck and will be. I've had season tics in London since 99 and he is 1 or 2 in terms of rookie year plus one. ( Wideman, Bonk, Bouchard, Methot, Mete, Zadorov, Juolevi, Harrington, Carlson (came later thou) Regula.....
Plays a complete game, not overly physical but uses length well in D zone, great transition skating or outlets....and has a great GAF meter ( Give A Fu....) My most important stat lol
He certainly demonstrated he GAF at the Mem Cuo in the dying moments when he iced the puck.
Not even kidding he was PISSED at himself. We all know what happened next.
He has the right attitude for sure.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I would be curious to know what is everybody's projected Top 3 at the #5 position.
Demidov
Lindstrom
Dickinson

Go BPA if the first two aren't there and get a Shea Weber type player instead of going for a Zegras/Evander Kane type player.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Levshunov will not be available at 5
I agree, Levshunov is IMHO the best d in the draft, overall.
I also feel Dickinson will go higher than most mocks I’ve read.

Interesting to read all the different prospects people on here believe is worth #5.

There are 5 very informed pro scouting systems that will inform us mere mortals who they like. I just don’t want a massive deviation from BPA like we had in ‘03 or ‘18

Reactions: Tyson

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Interesting to read all the different prospects people on here believe is worth #5.

There are 5 very informed pro scouting systems that will inform us mere mortals who they like. I just don’t want a massive deviation from BPA like we had in ‘03 or ‘18
"I wanou hyelp team, shoot moar"

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

2018 was not a massive deviation, it was a slight deviation to address an area of need. Which is partially why I don't get why so many fans are fixated on Montreal drafting a forward no matter what.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I would be curious to know what is everybody's projected Top 3 at the #5 position.
My top choice, and the player most unlikely to be available at 5 OA, is Buium. All you have to know is that he is a bigger and faster version of Hutson. If you believe that Hutson is Montreal's top prospect, what more do you want? With probably the weakest group of forwards in the league, the Canadiens were competitive in most games last year. That was as a result of having one of the league's most mobile group of defencemen. Can you imagine a blueline n two years built around Guhle, Hutson, Buium, Reinbacher, Harris, Struble and Xhekaj? We had a chance to draft Quinn Hughes in 2017 and foolishly took a pass. Hopefully, if given the opportunity, we won't make the same mistake on Friday.

# 2 is Iginla. One of the youngest players available in the draft, Iginla has the skating, skill, offensive vision/flair and a high compete level that this team needs. Iginla is a player who projects to be a highly impactful, productive top 6 forward for this team for the next decade.

#3 is Dickinson. A large, mobile defender, Dickinson is the type of player you win with. He has great ice presence, is physical and possess an excellent shot that can overpower most goaltenders. If he had elite straightforward speed, Dickinson would be a certain top 3 pick. But his skating is more than adequate and he will provide any team that drafts him with that most valuable commodity: leadership. Dickinson has future team captain written all over him.

Just my wish list.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My top choice, and the player most unlikely to be available at 5 OA, is Buium. All you have to know is that he is a bigger and faster version of Hutson. If you believe that Hutson is Montreal's top prospect, what more do you want? With probably the weakest group of forwards in the league, the Canadiens were competitive in most games last year. That was as a result of having one of the league's most mobile group of defencemen. Can you imagine a blueline n two years built around Guhle, Hutson, Buium, Reinbacher, Harris, Struble and Xhekaj? We had a chance to draft Quinn Hughes in 2017 and foolishly took a pass. Hopefully, if given the opportunity, we won't make the same mistake on Friday.

# 2 is Iginla. One of the youngest players available in the draft, Iginla has the skating, skill, offensive vision/flair and a high compete level that this team needs. Iginla is a player who projects to be a highly impactful, productive top 6 forward for this team for the next decade.

#3 is Dickinson. A large, mobile defender, Dickinson is the type of player you win with. He has great ice presence, is physical and possess an excellent shot that can overpower most goaltenders. If he had elite straightforward speed, Dickinson would be a certain top 3 pick. But his skating is more than adequate and he will provide any team that drafts him with that most valuable commodity: leadership. Dickinson has future team captain written all over him.

Just my wish list.

Iginla does not fit here. He should go 8th-14th. Lindstrom and Sennecke as well. Berkly Catton has spectacular skills and a strong drive to perform. He's in my top 3 with Buium. I assume Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev are 2nd-4th. Eiserman is my dark horse over Dickinson, but happy with either.

Would love to get another pick in the 9th to 12th range to pick up another solid player.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
No idea what Matheson was like as a jr but Yes he is good on both sides of the puck and will be. I've had season tics in London since 99 and he is 1 or 2 in terms of rookie year and plus one year in terms of overall effectiveness. ( Wideman, Bonk, Bouchard, Methot, Mete, Zadorov, Juolevi, Harrington, Carlson (came 2 yrs older than Sam thou ) Regula..... we seen some solid players)
Plays a complete game, not overly physical but uses length well in D zone, great transition, skating or outlets....and has a great GAF meter ( Give A Fu....) My most important stat lol

thanks man nice intel. I appreciate the eye test over the 'I watched da Youtubez and I Knowz dis Player' like @OldCraig71

Old guy discovers youtube and now he's Howie Meeker

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Iginla does not fit here. He should go 8th-14th. Lindstrom and Sennecke as well. Berkly Catton has spectacular skills and a strong drive to perform. He's in my top 3 with Buium. I assume Demidov is 2nd-4th. Eiserman is my dark horse over Dickinson, but happy with either.

Would love to get another pick in the 9th to 12th range to pick up another solid player.
This is a very deep draft from one through 35. With the quality of players available in the top 12, there won't be too many mistakes made. I have my preferences, but the difference between Iginla, Sennecke and Catton are marginal. I would be very hesitant taking Lindstrom due to significant health concerns and I would stay away from Parekh as I don't like certain elements of his game. Other than those two exceptions, who ever of the usual suspects that Hughes drafts at 5 OA I would be fine with.

As for moving up to the 9th and 12th range, I would suspect that such a move would be very costly. Far more provident to move up from 26 OA if a player you like/identified starts to fall to the late teens. I always caution about overreaching in any facet of life. This is, as I said, a deep draft and regardless how the picks go, we should be able to secure a strong player at 26 OA. There is no reason to try to be the smartest guys in the room. I lean towards Vanacker at 26 OA. He played injured ( shoulder) most of the year and those injuries affected his play at the U18 and may have driven down his rankings. If he's available at 26 OA, I would be all over this player in a heartbeat. This kid is a star in the making.

Last edited:

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Berkly Catton could be our Jack Hughes

Everything is possible at this point.. I'm not gonna complain if we go for Catton - Sennecke - Iginla or Buuim at 5th. Only pick i would question at 5th is Parekn as i see him as a unidimensional PMD I'd pick any of the guys listed above or one of Dickinson , Levshunov or Silayev before even considering Parekh.

Then again what do i know ? I'ts also possible that i'm completely wrong on this. Maybe that guy is the next Makar or Fox. I'd defer to management and their knowledge about this as mine i limited to a watching a few games , reading about the guy from pro scouts and some YT highlights lol

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Everything is possible at this point.. I'm not gonna complain if we go for Catton - Sennecke - Iginla or Buuim at 5th. Only pick i would question at 5th is Parekn as i see him as a unidimensional PMD I'd pick any of the guys listed above or one of Dickinson , Levshunov or Silayev before even considering Parekh.

Then again what do i know ? I'ts also possible that i'm completely wrong on this. Maybe that guy is the next Makar or Fox. I'd defer to management and their knowledge about this as mine i limited to a watching a few games , reading about the guy from pro scouts and some YT highlights lol
I see Parekh as a possible Chris Wideman

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Based on what? You have any insight on what the Habs are planning? I didn't think Reinbacher was high on their list and then it hit me...what the f*** do I know?

Just based on everything I’ve read over the past number of weeks, we seem to be linked mostly to Demidov/Lindstrom/Sennecke..and if we go D, Buium. We did apparently meet with Dickinson over dinner so there would be an outside chance there. But Hughes has all but stated the major priority at 5 is a forward.

There’s been next to nothing regarding the Habs and Iginla/Catton/Helenius or any of the other D. Eiserman has been linked to us but certainly not at 5.

So I suppose I’m drawing conclusions based on Engels/Basu/Pronman/Wheeler and all of the scouting services who have spoken to individuals around the league. They report on all the chatter. The Elite Prospects Draft Guide had a crap ton of quotes from anonymous scouts and league executives.

Of course the Habs could shock us all though and pick someone hardly anyone is expecting. We’ll find out soon enough.

But I’d be absolutely shocked if was anyone other than Demidov/Lindstrom/Sennecke/Buium.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just based on everything I’ve read over the past number of weeks, we seem to be linked mostly to Demidov/Lindstrom/Sennecke..and if we go D, Buium. We did apparently meet with Dickinson over dinner so there would be an outside chance there. But Hughes has all but stated the major priority at 5 is a forward.

There’s been next to nothing regarding the Habs and Iginla/Catton/Helenius or any of the other D. Eiserman has been linked to us but certainly not at 5.

So I suppose I’m drawing conclusions based on Engels/Basu/Pronman/Wheeler and all of the scouting services who have spoken to individuals around the league. They report on all the chatter. The Elite Prospects Draft Guide had a crap ton of quotes from anonymous scouts and league executives.

Of course the Habs could shock us all though and pick someone hardly anyone is expecting. We’ll find out soon enough.

But I’d be absolutely shocked if was anyone other than Demidov/Lindstrom/Sennecke/Buium.
Thanks
You and I follow the same folks.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

It all hinges on Chicago. Anaheim is going D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad